INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Media Center 11.1.95 Release Candidate  (Read 7240 times)

Matt

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Shoes gone again!
Media Center 11.1.95 Release Candidate
« on: January 06, 2006, 05:02:42 pm »

This is a pre-release version of MC 11.1.  It will work with the same MC11 license that 11.0 uses.  Please post only bugs here.  Anything requiring discussion should go in a new thread.  Non-bug posts will be deleted or moved.

PRICES for MC11.0 and 11.1 are here: http://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php?board=3;action=display;threadid=23311

The public release version of Media Center 11.0 is available here:
http://www.jrmediacenter.com/download.html (recommended for new users)

This latest build of MC11.1 is here:
ftp://ftp.jriver.com/pub/downloads/music/MediaCenter111095.exe

11.1.95 (01/06/06)

1. Fixed: The "Removable" DB field would not show a "1" for removable files.
2. Fixed: The drop menus for library view switching wouldn't appear in the correct location when MC was maximized.
3. Changed: Somewhat revised the library view header bar.
4. Fixed: When ripping a CD not found in YADB, MC asks if you want to rip with unkown info. If you selected 'No', CD was ejected giving no chance to fix tags manually.
5. Fixed: Bitrate of m4a files were not displayed during playback.
6. Fixed: Podcasts were not sorted by name in the tree control.
7. Fixed: The Podcast 'composer' renaming rule was not stored in Podcast.xml.

11.1.94 (01/05/06)

1. Changed: Primary Podcast header now contains an introduction to Podcasting in MC.
2. Changed: Buttons were added to all podcast headers, improving access to functions present in the tree control.
3. Fixed: Number-type fields could display integers without trailing 0's. (could also affect date displays)
4. Changed: All calculated fields operate as expressions. (mostly internal change, but will also help performance in some areas)
5. Optimized: Calculated / expression fields can now get cached by the sorting engine, helping speed when using these fields.
6. Fixed: Escaping a closing parenthesis in an expression would not always work as expected.
7. Fixed: "Customize Current View" for a list below grouping tiles would show "Tiles" as the list mode instead of the correct list mode.
8. Fixed: When ripping CD's, [Track #] field not handled correctly for file naming.
9. Fixed: If auto-rip was enabled and eject-cd was disabled for CD burning, rip would commence as soon as burn was complete.
10. Changed: Library view drop-menus auto pop and hide to reduce the number of clicks necessary to make a switch.
11. Changed: Media Center defaults to a maximized state on a fresh install.
12. Fixed: YADB Lookup cancel was not cancelling quickly.

11.1.93 (01/04/06)

1. NEW: Dropping files directly onto a Media Center shortcut will begin playback.
2. Changed: Command line playback commands support file lists in this form: "c:\1.mp3" "c:\2.mp3" (also supports alternative "c:\1.mp3"|"c:\2.mp3")
3. Changed: Revised anti-repeat logic for remote controls to ignore repeat count and only look at timing for most commands. (volume is different since it often gets held down)
4. Fixed: Dimensions column would show an "x" for audio files.
5. Changed: Revised expression language to return fields formatted for display by default, use [Replay Gain, 0] or Field(Replay Gain, 0) to not format for display.
      Details here: http://www.jrmediacenter.com/DevZone/DBExpressions.htm
6. Changed: Updated the DevZone MC command list to the latest.
7. Changed: Replay gain, width, height, etc. no longer show a question mark when empty. (now simply blank)
8. Fixed: Ejecting a handheld from the right-click menu in the tree wouldn't remove it from the MC tree.
9. Fixed: Trying to close MC from a theater view button while media server was running wouldn't work as expected.
10. Fixed: When starting MC with media server running, it wouldn't honor the startup mode switch. (for Theater View, etc.)
11. Changed: When picking "Playlist sync" and then picking no playlists, the options dialog will show an error and not let you continue.
12. Changed: Reduced the tooltip delay duration in file lists and a few other spots.
13. Changed: Tile views now contain files (for play, drag-n-drop, etc.) in the order specified by the sorting of the rest of the view.
14. Fixed: Changes to calculated fields wouldn't take effect until MC was restarted.
15. Fixed: Rotating images or using other thumbnail changing tools could cause a crash. (still)
16. Changed: Added a cancel button to image rotation operations.
17. Fixed: YADB Submission was not working in Windows 98 (possibly ME too).
18. Fixed: Podcasts were not properly cleared and re-initialized when the database was cleared.
19. Changed: Full precision Date Field is now saved in Medial Library for Podcasts. (Previously truncated to year)
20. Changed: Podcasts again display and sort using the regular Date Field. (Previously used DateCreated)
21. Changed: Better subtitle on main Podcast frame.

11.1.92 (01/03/06)

1. Optimized: Improved the speed of calculated template-style fields.
2. Optimized: Improved the startup and tree building time. (especially with large libraries)
3. Changed: TV time-shifting window is increased from 30 minutes to 90 minutes.
4. Fixed: When pressing a navigation letter in a library view and then pressing play, the selected files wouldn't always play.
5. Changed: Somewhat revised library view mode switching. (feedback welcome)

New Features in MC 11.1
Podcasting support
Much improved handheld support for iPod, PlayforSure devices, and many others
Configurable locations for all media types on handhelds
iPod Shuffle and Nano support
Album art on iPods that support it
Automatic backup of library
Directshow support for AAC files
Much faster handling of thumbnail images (requires one-time rebuild of thumbnails)
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

sbsp2

• Galactic Citizen
Re: Media Center 11.1.95 Release Candidate
« Reply #1 on: January 06, 2006, 05:07:57 pm »

From .94 thread:

MC locks-up on a view scheme I've had for a few years that selects only my MP3 data backup CDs (all cataloged in MC's library).  MC is consuming lots of CPU memory and appears to be looping.  I have to kill it and restart MC.  I can't event edit the view scheme to tell you the criteria it uses (selections done in Step 4).

I reverted back to build .93 and it worked fine (no problems) on the view scheme.  Using .93, I see the criteria is:  ~d=c [Volume Name]=MP3_

Tested on .95 and still locks up:

Debug log is full of this (repeating forever and ever until I kill MC):
Code: [Select]
[5088] 0011110: CD: CCDInfo::MMCDriveReady: Start
[5088] 0011110: CD: CCDInfo::MMCDriveReady: DeviceIoControl returns bStatus=0, ULONG returned=0
[5088] 0011110: CD: CCDInfo::MMCDriveReady: Finish (0 ms)
[5088] 0011110: CD: CCDInfo::GetVolumeInformation: returning TRUE because MMCDriveReady returned FALSE, volume ID=0
[5088] 0011110: CD: CCDInfo::MMCDriveReady: Start
[5088] 0011110: CD: CCDInfo::MMCDriveReady: DeviceIoControl returns bStatus=1, ULONG returned=0
[5088] 0011110: CD: CCDInfo::MMCDriveReady: Finish (0 ms)
[5088] 0011125: CD: CCDInfo::MMCDriveReady: Start
[5088] 0011125: CD: CCDInfo::MMCDriveReady: DeviceIoControl returns bStatus=0, ULONG returned=0
[5088] 0011125: CD: CCDInfo::MMCDriveReady: Finish (0 ms)
[5088] 0011125: CD: CCDInfo::GetVolumeInformation: returning TRUE because MMCDriveReady returned FALSE, volume ID=0
[5088] 0011125: CD: CCDInfo::MMCDriveReady: DeviceIoControl returns bStatus=1, ULONG returned=0
[5088] 0011125: CD: CCDInfo::MMCDriveReady: DeviceIoControl returns bStatus=0, ULONG returned=0
[5088] 0011125: CD: CCDInfo::GetVolumeInformation: returning TRUE because MMCDriveReady returned FALSE, volume ID=0

Jaguu

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #2 on: January 06, 2006, 05:31:53 pm »

Good move!

Library view is going in to the right direction, but

1) this release is incredibly slow when switching from one view to another
2) Selected views don't stick, they always revert back to defaults (panes)
3) I think that every view scheme should allow to define its own default library view, so that we don't have to switch views all the time. We build view schemes because we want to see the database with a specific view in mind
4) In this build we can completely hide the library tree. This is good!

bennyd

• Project Leader
« Reply #3 on: January 06, 2006, 05:46:01 pm »

Getting there,

Maybe also an option to select Podcasts from the dropdown ?
may U live 2 see the dawn

bennyd :-)

JaredH

• Superfluously Articulate
« Reply #4 on: January 06, 2006, 06:21:17 pm »

If youre like me and you have a lot of view schemes and sub-schemes, then there is way too much information in the first drop down box in the list header. Perhaps a regression back to the "click to activate" method would be better. It's rather intrusive when youre doing something in MC and happen to roll across that spot and this huge drop down menu pops up in your face.
J. A. Hayslett

Blog & Gallery - http://www.bgracetfaith.net

datdude

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #5 on: January 06, 2006, 08:41:17 pm »

4) In this build we can completely hide the library tree. This is good!

How?
"You are not a beautiful or unique snowflake." -  Just a very big snowball

LonWar

« Reply #6 on: January 06, 2006, 10:08:30 pm »

I like having the dropdown to select the view scheme, that is cool.... But I miss the Top and Bottom formatting.

-

danrien

• Galactic Citizen
  • Chillin
« Reply #7 on: January 07, 2006, 03:44:02 am »

ok, really weird bug here...

when i sync my nomad zen xtra 30 gb, it transfers over all the correct files that i select to be transferred over with the playlists.  however, when i go to play a playlist on my zen, only the files that were converted from a separate format (ie ogg vorbis) to mp3 show up in the playlist.  i'm not sure when this problem cropped up, i haven't synced for more than a few builds.
http://davidvedvick.info

"Always be yourself. Unless you can be Batman. Always be Batman." - Anonymous

Dutch Peter

• Carpe Diem
« Reply #8 on: January 07, 2006, 03:52:54 am »

Upgrading to this build I noticed that grouping on the Date(Year) is not working anymore.
Here are some screenshots to illustrate.

This is how I have set the grouping. I call it Decades:

This is the result. Two unassigned fields.   ?
As you can see in the screenshot Date(Year) is filled for many files.

Hope you can fix this. I use the Decades grouping a lot, i.e. in combination with Genres.

Edit: I re-installed 11.1.92 (were I came from) and it works as it should.
Stupid questions do not exist, only stupid answers.

Mr ChriZ

• :-D
« Reply #9 on: January 07, 2006, 04:20:11 am »

I like having the dropdown to select the view scheme, that is cool.... But I miss the Top and Bottom formatting.

Same

marko

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #10 on: January 07, 2006, 05:31:28 am »

~a appears to be broken.

got as far back as build .92 before ~a was working again. (skipping .93 due to the numbering problems it had)

lockeness

• Recent member
  • Change this by choosing profile
« Reply #11 on: January 07, 2006, 08:28:55 am »

i've inquired about this before

can you create an option to create a custom field that can used the 5 star rating interface.  I have ratings for my wife and for albums and just use 1-5.  Is this hard to do?

Mr ChriZ

« Reply #12 on: January 07, 2006, 10:52:29 am »

Still can't hide plugins that haven't been activated

NoCodeUK

« Reply #13 on: January 07, 2006, 11:09:12 am »

New View header bar works ok all though not as versatile as the top / bottom thing was.  The top bottom thing allowed easy changes to the bottom area.  Now outside of panes view it is difficult to change this.  You have to go to customize current view.  Would there be any possibility of a view header at the bottom also?

Calculated fields still do not seem to be updating without a restart either in panes view or tile view...

Adam
"It's called No Code because it's full of code. It's misinformation." - Eddie Vedder

EpF

« Reply #14 on: January 07, 2006, 01:19:39 pm »

In v11.0, when I right-clicked a file and chose 'Locate Album', the view switched to the root of the library, no matter whether that was 'Audio', 'Video' or 'All Media', and displayed all the media on that album; now it stays in the current view, and if the view has been filtered by selections in the panes, those selections persist.

The result is that when I am viewing all albums by, say Brian Eno, and right-click on 'Deep Blue Day', which appears on the album 'Trainspotting' and choose 'Locate Album', all that happens is a lot of CPU usage and 'Album: Trainspotting' appears in the search bar; otherwise it looks exactly the same...

Is this a bug?

zxsix

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #15 on: January 07, 2006, 01:55:46 pm »

~a appears to be broken.

got as far back as build .92 before ~a was working again. (skipping .93 due to the numbering problems it had)

Verified.
This is how I sync wifey's nano.
Please fix soon and get me out of the doghouse!   :o

gany

• Recent member
« Reply #16 on: January 07, 2006, 04:10:46 pm »

ipod: still the alarm features doesn't work

JONCAT

« Reply #17 on: January 07, 2006, 04:30:11 pm »

Is this a bug?

Once you assign an Artist or keyword to the Album Artist (auto) field it makes MC claim that as an album, so your Statistics are wrong. Not a big deal if you don't use that feature, but you'll end up with all these albums that don't "really" exist.

I have a lot of tracks that are on multiple artists albums and when I try to use the artists as the Album Artist (auto) field, it would be nice if MC could "remember" that the album is actually a multi. cd, otherwise, if I do this for each artist on the multi. cd I end up with a whole bunch of albums of the same name by different artists: which do not exist.

For example:

Artists - Album
The Rolling Stones - Best of The 60's
The Byrds - Best Of The 60's

and so on and so on. It is implied in the Stats that these are all different albums by different artists when they are actually unique to one cd.

I did some experimenting and it seems that MC should be able to differentiate and provide correct stats if we try to group artists by artist/keywords album (auto) field but I am not sure. Just wanted to ask you guys about this - I started another thread for this in case it's not a bug we can discuss it there.

Thanks!
Dr. C

eso

• World Citizen
« Reply #18 on: January 08, 2006, 05:09:05 am »

In Mini View, track durations are formatted incorrectly - the minutes are shown as seconds (e.g. 2:31 becomes 0:02).

margolbe

• Junior Woodchuck
  • nothing more to say...
« Reply #19 on: January 08, 2006, 09:01:11 am »

When converting from WAV to mp3 files, program hangs after the last file is converted.

Magic_Randy

• MC Beta Team
  • I used to be indecisive, but now I'm not so sure..
« Reply #20 on: January 08, 2006, 07:06:12 pm »

Minor bug.

If you initialize the handheld (iPod in my case), MC does not reset the memory on the device used.  So if you try to sync again after you initialze, it shows there is not enough room (in my case over half the iPod is used for a full sync so it thinks there is not enough room).

Randy

gk666999

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #21 on: January 09, 2006, 03:48:34 am »

i've inquired about this before

can you create an option to create a custom field that can used the 5 star rating interface.  I have ratings for my wife and for albums and just use 1-5.  Is this hard to do?

yes! yes!

EpF

« Reply #22 on: January 09, 2006, 06:41:59 am »

In details view (bottom section), if you click on the right-most column divider (the one that's right at the edge of the MC window), and drag it to the right (the thickness of the MC window frame), the horizontal scroll-bar doesn't stretch to include the extra centimetre or so until you click 'refresh'.

Also, in a view where no horizontal scroll-bar is necessary, if you add columns in 'customise current view', the horizontal scroll-bar doesn't appear until you click 'refresh'

I also have 2 WMA files which occur twice each in the library, with no difference in the filename or path (!). Here's a link to a screenshot: www.alluvialplains.com/Images/MC/dupfiles.gif  You can see the only difference between them is the date imported

Finally, it seems as though this version of MC has selectively wiped some of my comment field entries
.  ?

Edit: I knew there was something wrong with my assessment of that last one! The info is still in the files; MC was only showing some comments and not others after upgrading...

mogf

• Recent member
« Reply #23 on: January 09, 2006, 07:27:42 am »

When I try to rip from CD to disk I get an error panel 'Plugin not found or incorrect interface version. Please reinstall the latest " plugin'. I never had this problem with MC10.

JohnT

« Reply #24 on: January 09, 2006, 09:28:57 am »

When I try to rip from CD to disk I get an error panel 'Plugin not found or incorrect interface version. Please reinstall the latest " plugin'. I never had this problem with MC10.
Sounds like an encoder plugin issue. Does it rip ok if you change to "uncompressed wave" for the output format? Which encoder are you using?
John Thompson, JRiver Media Center

John Gateley

• Nice haircut
« Reply #25 on: January 09, 2006, 11:13:42 am »

Still can't hide plugins that haven't been activated

More details? This seems to be working fine for me. Which plugin?

j

John Gateley

• Nice haircut
« Reply #26 on: January 09, 2006, 11:26:19 am »

When converting from WAV to mp3 files, program hangs after the last file is converted.

I can't reproduce this. What are the exact steps you are doing?
There's a dialog box that pops up after the last file is converted. Maybe this got hidden behind another window?

j

Mr ChriZ

« Reply #27 on: January 09, 2006, 11:38:23 am »

More details? This seems to be working fine for me. Which plugin?

j

OK Just did a clean install, on a clean OS.
Opened MC
Opened the Services and Plugins part of the Tree (BUT importantly didn't select a plugin)
Went to Tools
Plugin Manager
Interface
Selected for Example Tivo Plugin
Hit Hide....
Hide button remains lit but plugin does not hide

Cheers
Chris

sbsp2

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #28 on: January 09, 2006, 12:05:11 pm »

Select the track currently playing in Playing Now and click/choose Delete.  The track is deleted from Playing Now but continues to play (with nothing showing/highlighted in Playing Now).  I don't think this is expected behaviour and MC 11.0 acted differently (like maybe it started playing the next track or stopped playback).

John Gateley

• Nice haircut
« Reply #29 on: January 09, 2006, 01:13:41 pm »

OK Just did a clean install, on a clean OS.
Opened MC
Opened the Services and Plugins part of the Tree (BUT importantly didn't select a plugin)
Went to Tools
Plugin Manager
Interface
Selected for Example Tivo Plugin
Hit Hide....

Thanks...

j
Pages: [1]   Go Up