INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Submit to CD Database does not work  (Read 1763 times)

Mighty_A-MAN

• Junior Woodchuck
  • The world rotates, so does my car's engine ...
Submit to CD Database does not work
« on: January 08, 2006, 09:19:43 am »

Dear All,

I'm trying to add CD information to the database, but I get an error message, which is a small square window, labelled "CDM..." on the top and it shows a big red circle with an X.

I remember I had this a few weeks ago already when I tried to add information. At that time I thought the server might simply be down, but now it happens again with the latest version of Media Center.

Any ideas?

Thanks,

Mighty A-MAN

Media Center Registered 11.1.95 -- C:\Programme\Media Center 11\

Microsoft Windows XP  Workstation 5.1 Service Pack 2 (Build 2600)
Intel Pentium 4 3190 MHz MMX / Memory: Total - 1048 MB, Free - 324 MB

Internet Explorer: 6.0.2900.2180 / ComCtl32.dll: 5.82.2900 / Shlwapi.dll: 6.0.2900 / Shell32.dll: 6.0.2900 / wnaspi32.dll: 4.71 (0002) , ASPI for Win32         DLL, Copyright © 1989-2002 Adaptec, Inc. / Aspi32.sys: 4.71 (0002)

Ripping /   Drive X: PIONEER DVD RW  DVR-109   Mode:ModeSecure  Type:Auto  Speed:Max
  Drive Y: HL-DT-STDVD-ROM GDR8163B  Mode:ModeSecure  Type:Auto  Speed:Max
  Digital playback: Yes /  Use YADB: Yes /  Get cover art: Yes /  Calc replay gain: Yes /  Copy volume: 32767
  Eject after ripping: Yes /  Play sound after ripping: Yes  Soundfile:   chord.wav

Burning /  Drive X: PIONEER  DVD RW  DVR-109    Addr: 0:0:0  Speed:48  MaxSpeed:48  BurnProof:Yes
  Test mode: No /  Eject after writing: Yes /  Direct decoding: Yes /  Write CD-Text: Yes
  Use playback settings: No /

John Gateley

• Citizen of the Universe
  • Nice haircut
Re: Submit to CD Database does not work
« Reply #1 on: January 09, 2006, 10:46:27 am »

Are you adding the information for a CD or for a list of tracks (it's two separate cases). Exactly what steps are you doing?

j

Mighty_A-MAN

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #2 on: January 09, 2006, 01:52:43 pm »

Hi John,

I haven't found the CD I wanted to rip on the YADB, so I got the data through the prog called "Player" and used the CDDB (Gracenote) information I got it from there and exported it to the cdplayer.ini.

As the information was not very good, I amended it. Then I wanted to upload the CD data to YADB. I right-clicked on the disc drive icon and selected "Submit to CD Database".

I did not enter the data at the stage the CD was not found in YADB originally. I got 70% correct data from CDDB and altered that, then tried to upload to CDDB.

Hopefully all is clear.

Thanks and best regards,

Mighty A-MAn

John Gateley

• Nice haircut
« Reply #3 on: January 09, 2006, 02:32:28 pm »

The problem is that you don't have the genre and/or year (or even the artist/title) info filled in. The error message is coming out wrong...

j

John Gateley

• Nice haircut
« Reply #4 on: January 09, 2006, 02:47:43 pm »

Oops, I was not quite correct. The problem *is* that the genre is empty, but it was our problem. I've fixed it for the next version.

Thanks,

j

Mighty_A-MAN

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #5 on: January 10, 2006, 02:52:04 am »

Hi John,

Thanks for the clarification.

However, I can confirm that the genre was filled in. The year indeed wasn't, as the songs were from a compilation and several different years which information I didn't have.

Anyway, I presume your mentioned fix in next version will hopefully solve the problem. I will try to add that CD then and see if it works.

Best regards,

Mighty A-MAN

John Gateley

• Nice haircut
« Reply #6 on: January 10, 2006, 09:56:42 am »

Yep, the year missing would cause it as well.

j

KingSparta

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #7 on: January 10, 2006, 10:07:44 am »

So does this mean your allowing users to submit blank info? or will it tell them to fill in the date? and or Genre?
Retired Military, Airborne, Air Assault, And Flight Wings.
Model Trains, Internet, Ham Radio
https://MyAAGrapevines.com
https://centercitybbs.com
Fayetteville, NC, USA

Mighty_A-MAN

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #8 on: January 10, 2006, 02:15:14 pm »

So does this mean your allowing users to submit blank info? or will it tell them to fill in the date? and or Genre?

As far as I know, not every field needs to be filled in. Not all music can be tracked down by year (e.g. classical), so the year of the album being released would be the only year to add, however, that's incorrect information for tracks on compilations with loads of music from different years anyway.

In my case there was no information at all on YADB, so any information would have been better than none.   ;)

Regards,

Mighty A-MAN
Pages: [1]   Go Up