INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Ipod Photo and MC11.1  (Read 2110 times)

LonWar

• Citizen of the Universe
Ipod Photo and MC11.1
« on: January 12, 2006, 05:11:12 pm »

I have the latest MC version installed and the latest Ipod Firmware. Jan 10th (I think)
I had to reformat the pod because of some MC problems.

So, Started MC
plugged it into the Computer
After a few min of the Computer being at 100%, MC started responding.
Clicked on Handheld from the AW. MC went into 100 usage for nother few min
Now, it says in the AW, that the Sync is 13115 and it is over 59.9 gb over.

The sync is coming from a smartlist that has 7,993 files and 38.2gb.
If I click on Ipod in the tree, my computer goes back to 100% usage for a few min.

I have reinstalled MC a few times with the same result. I have tried that last few versions

I have successfully Tranfered tunes with anapod.

-

zxsix

• MC Beta Team
Re: Ipod Photo and MC11.1
« Reply #1 on: January 12, 2006, 05:29:28 pm »

If you've formatted the ipod with apple's software, you really should let MC initialize it.
delete the itunesdb file using windows explorer.
in mc, inititalize the ipod.
shut down mc.
undock ipod.
redock ipod.
start mc and now do a sync.

last several builds have been fine with my 60GB ipod photo and I haven't had to intitialize it since the coverart issue was solved.

LonWar

« Reply #2 on: January 12, 2006, 06:48:02 pm »

If you've formatted the ipod with apple's software, you really should let MC initialize it.
delete the itunesdb file using windows explorer.
in mc, inititalize the ipod.
shut down mc.
undock ipod.
redock ipod.
start mc and now do a sync.

last several builds have been fine with my 60GB ipod photo and I haven't had to intitialize it since the coverart issue was solved.

Thanks for the suggestion, but I already tried that.... But being a sport I tried it again and no go.

HOWEVER!!  I think I found my problem, For some reason I had   Sync Mode -- All, Instead of just playlists, I guess MC doesn't like the idea of prepping 300gb of tracks....

I'll post back once I make sure that was the problem,

IJAG is feelin really silly!    :-[
-

LonWar

« Reply #3 on: January 13, 2006, 07:46:01 am »

Yep, It looks like the Problem was between the keyboard and the chair....   :P

-

marko

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #4 on: January 13, 2006, 08:27:52 am »

the moment of realisation is the worst, isn't it!!

I wonder if that's why I was given Homer slippers for Christmas!!!

DOH!

LonWar

« Reply #5 on: January 13, 2006, 08:58:01 am »

the moment of realisation is the worst, isn't it!!

I wonder if that's why I was given Homer slippers for Christmas!!!

DOH!

It's always the little silly things.... I just wished I checked that first.... Oh well..... It happens/
-

JustinChase

• MC Beta Team
  • Getting older every day
« Reply #6 on: January 13, 2006, 10:28:09 am »

Well, I finally just got me new iPod video here in Mexico.  I charged it fully and saw that MC had a new version yeaterday that had only one change - iPod photo support!!

Well, that must be a good sign I thought.  I proceeded to build a few smartlists for photos, and synched.  MC told me I had to initialize first, which I did.  I do NOT have iTunes installed.

After the initialization, I picked my playlists, both music and photos, and started to synch.  It took about 4 hours to synch it all, including about 35,000 pictures and 5,000 music files.  Most if not all of the pictures are .jpg and the music is .m4a.

When it got done, I checked the iPod and found that all the music playlists are fine.  However for pictures, there are no playlists.  Just the option to view the 35,000 pictures in no particular order.  The slideshow option does not seem to work either.  I could live with this for a while if not for the following.  The pictures are ALL shifted to the right about 50%.  What I mean by that is that the left side of the  photo is about in the middle of the screen and wraps around the screen to show the right side of the photo on the left of the screen.  On top of that, they are all shifted up abotu 10 pixles or so, meaning the top of the photo (I actually think it is the top of a different photo, but I'm not sure) is across the bottom of the screen.  This makes photos completely useless for me.

Is anyone else having this problem?

Is there any expectation of photo playlist support coming?

Thanks.
pretend this is something funny

LonWar

« Reply #7 on: January 13, 2006, 12:02:06 pm »

Well, I finally just got me new iPod video here in Mexico.  I charged it fully and saw that MC had a new version yeaterday that had only one change - iPod photo support!!

Well, that must be a good sign I thought.  I proceeded to build a few smartlists for photos, and synched.  MC told me I had to initialize first, which I did.  I do NOT have iTunes installed.

After the initialization, I picked my playlists, both music and photos, and started to synch.  It took about 4 hours to synch it all, including about 35,000 pictures and 5,000 music files.  Most if not all of the pictures are .jpg and the music is .m4a.

When it got done, I checked the iPod and found that all the music playlists are fine.  However for pictures, there are no playlists.  Just the option to view the 35,000 pictures in no particular order.  The slideshow option does not seem to work either.  I could live with this for a while if not for the following.  The pictures are ALL shifted to the right about 50%.  What I mean by that is that the left side of the  photo is about in the middle of the screen and wraps around the screen to show the right side of the photo on the left of the screen.  On top of that, they are all shifted up abotu 10 pixles or so, meaning the top of the photo (I actually think it is the top of a different photo, but I'm not sure) is across the bottom of the screen.  This makes photos completely useless for me.

Is anyone else having this problem?

Is there any expectation of photo playlist support coming?

Thanks.

I can't help ya there... I don't actually use the pod for pictures...

You may want to repost your post with a New Subject.... That way you may have a better chance of getting this resolved... Since photo is just new, You may want to post in the bug thread.
-

JustinChase

• MC Beta Team
  • Getting older every day
« Reply #8 on: January 13, 2006, 12:17:14 pm »

Good idea.  I only posted here as it's the only post I saw for the photo stuff.

I'll try again.
pretend this is something funny
Pages: [1]   Go Up