INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Library Server and iPod Shuffle 512Mb - File Not Supported  (Read 1060 times)

ricvieira

Library Server and iPod Shuffle 512Mb - File Not Supported
« on: January 15, 2006, 11:38:41 am »

Hello, I have MC 11.1.99 installed, and I'm experiencing problems when trying to transfer mp3s from the library server to my iPod Shuffle 512Mb.

When I connect to the local library (which contains mp3s in my local HD) I have no problem transferring to the iPod.

When I connect to the remote library (running the same MC build) there are no issues playing the songs, and I can drag the remote mp3s into the iPod panel. Nevertheless, when I hit the Transfer button, I get an error saying that "None of the Files can be Transferred". If I click on the Show List link, I can see that the file status reads "File Not Supported" - please note that I can double click on the file on that panel and it will play on my computer.

To summarize, the same mp3 can be transferred from the local computer, but can't be transferred from the remote library server. Please note that I set the transfer mode to "Don't Convert Audio".

Any thoughts?

zxsix

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
Re: Library Server and iPod Shuffle 512Mb - File Not Supported
« Reply #1 on: January 15, 2006, 12:00:04 pm »

syncing to portable devices via library server is not possible.
this is to keep JRiver's liability to a minimum in the age of illegal file sharing.
There would be nothing stopping you from turning on library server and emailing all your friends a URL to connect over the internet and download your music.
You must connect to the main library to transfer to portables.

Pages: [1]   Go Up