INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Right click problems in MC 11.1  (Read 2465 times)

modelmaker

• Citizen of the Universe
Right click problems in MC 11.1
« on: January 21, 2006, 03:28:27 am »

These are a few of my observations from using the "new" MC 11.1 the past few days:

Up until MC 11.1 one was able to delete by "Artist" or "Album" title in the tree, now delete is greyed out in the menu and one has to select the album and then select all tracks and then delete. More clicks, less convenient, slower workflow.

Another change: when I used to import new tracks into MC11.0, once the importing was done the view would switch to the "Artist/Album/Genre" view, with the just the recently imported tracks listed, (similar to the "Audio" view).
Now it goes to a "Recently Imported Playlist" and you have to scroll down to the bottom of the list to find what you just imported and to do any tagging from there you now have to hold "ctrl" and click on each track to edit the tags or you have to go back to the tree and select the artist and album to do the tagging.
In the MC11.0, all you had to do was select the artist or album and then proceed with the tagging or analyzing. Now more clicks, less convenient, slower workflow.

And what happened to the right click menu in Playing Now and Full Screen?
You used to be able to hover over the playing now display and right click and have several option available, including amoungst others "Configure Display" (2 clicks), now it takes 4 clicks to get there, Tools>Options>Playback>Configure Display.
I used this all the time to switch between displays, now it's a pain. More clicks, less convenient, slower workflow.
I always thought this should've been an optional toggle on the toolbar.

Speaking of the toolbar, the rightclick menu to goto "Customize Toolbar" is also gone, again, now you have go digging through the options menu. More clicks, less convenient, slower workflow.

And still no Toolbar button for Interact? Would that be so difficult to add to the toolbar options? Again more clicks, slower path to enjoyment.

J River may be adding lots of stuff for portables, but you also seem to be making what was a smooth operating app, clunkier. And this is only the 3rd day I've been using 11.1.

On the plus side, I have noticed quite an increase in the analyzing speed and it doesn't seem to need as much cpu powerr. I allso like the library browser set up now. It works pretty good and scrolling is a lot smoother.

I know I'm only one person, but I do hope you put back the aforementioned features the way they were (and have been since MC9 or before).

A dedicated MC user, Jay.
Jay.

"Life is what happens when you're making other plans"     John Lennon.

modelmaker

Re: Bugs or parts of the design changes in MC11.1?
« Reply #1 on: January 22, 2006, 09:59:32 am »

:)
Jay.

"Life is what happens when you're making other plans"     John Lennon.

JimH

• Administrator
  • Where did I put my teeth?
Re: Bugs or parts of the design changes in MC11.1?
« Reply #2 on: January 22, 2006, 10:25:22 am »

Up until MC 11.1 one was able to delete by "Artist" or "Album" title in the tree, now delete is greyed out in the menu and one has to select the album and then select all tracks and then delete. More clicks, less convenient, slower workflow.
If it isn't there, it should be.  We'll check.
Another change: when I used to import new tracks into MC11.0, once the importing was done the view would switch to the "Artist/Album/Genre" view, with the just the recently imported tracks listed, (similar to the "Audio" view).   Now it goes to a "Recently Imported Playlist" and you have to scroll down to the bottom of the list to find what you just imported and to do any tagging from there you now have to hold "ctrl" and click on each track to edit the tags or you have to go back to the tree and select the artist and album to do the tagging.
I don't think this has changed much, if at all.  Recently imported (which was always a smartlist) should get cleared each time you exit the program.
In the MC11.0, all you had to do was select the artist or album and then proceed with the tagging or analyzing. Now more clicks, less convenient, slower workflow.
Quit the program and restart between imports and I think you'll get what you want.
They are still there.
You used to be able to hover over the playing now display and right click and have several option available, including amoungst others "Configure Display" (2 clicks), now it takes 4 clicks to get there, Tools>Options>Playback>Configure Display.
You still can right click.  Maybe the display window has been closed?
Speaking of the toolbar, the rightclick menu to goto "Customize Toolbar" is also gone, again, now you have go digging through the options menu.
Sorry, it is there.  Maybe you've got something wacky with your machine or your install?

glynor

• MC Beta Team
Re: Right click problems in MC 11.1
« Reply #3 on: January 22, 2006, 11:00:35 am »

Yeah, model, I have to agree with Jim here.  Maybe try uninstalling completely and then re-installing?
"Some cultures are defined by their relationship to cheese."

Visit me on the Interweb Thingie: http://glynor.com/

marko

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #4 on: January 22, 2006, 11:05:42 am »

You can still right click, but access to display configuration is not possible from that menu. it used to be there, and it was very handy.

for the toolbar, you need to be right clicking an existing toolbar entry to get the menu.

Alex B

• MC Beta Team
  • The Cosmic Bird
« Reply #5 on: January 22, 2006, 11:09:04 am »

Right-click has definitely changed. Here's what I have posted earlier:

I have missed the image file list:

Also, there were a few more useful things before: Configure Image Playback, Configure Display, Windowed View etc.

I am quite serious about the image list. It was missing with rest of the display in the first MC 11.1 build (11.1.28), but never came back. It is currently awkward to change to a certain image if there is a long list of images.

Actually, I would like to see more slideshow functionality instead of less.

It would be nice if a user could first set a music playlist to play and then be a photo DJ.

Some kind of Playing Now that would not interrupt music playback should be available for images separately.

E.g. let's assume your are showing vacation pictures to friends and someone likes to see certain images again or perhaps you would like to quickly compare an image with a similar image from another trip without completely destroying the ongoing slideshow.
The Cosmic Bird - a triple merger of galaxies: http://eso.org/public/news/eso0755

Matt

• Administrator
  • Shoes gone again!
« Reply #6 on: January 25, 2006, 02:33:48 pm »

While audio is playing, you can double-click images from any library view.  It'll show the image you double-clicked, and not disturb the audio playback.
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

Alex B

• MC Beta Team
  • The Cosmic Bird
« Reply #7 on: February 06, 2006, 02:50:27 am »

While audio is playing, you can double-click images from any library view.  It'll show the image you double-clicked, and not disturb the audio playback.

That works if I have only one image to show. When running a slideshow changes are not possible.

The only way to be an "image DJ" during music playback would be to send the images in a playlist and then show them one by one manually. The automatic slide changes and image transition effects would not be possible then. Another possibility would be to play the audio playlist with some other program (not a nice alternative either).
The Cosmic Bird - a triple merger of galaxies: http://eso.org/public/news/eso0755

richard.e.morton

• World Citizen
« Reply #8 on: February 06, 2006, 05:25:25 am »

Hi,

The way I do this is to have 2 zones, one for picture playback and one for music. If I want to change the picture I just change zones in netremote (or on the keyboard)... But netremote is way easier.

In that way I do have two playlists one for each type of media. hey, it works for me and I am looking at producing a netremote skin to make it even easier.

Rich

unobtrusive Lounge media jukebox using
Hush PC (120GB of oggs)
Win xp pro
20" pictureframe monitor from www.mydigitalpictureframe.com
Sony Projector with motorrised screen
Kef "Eggs" Speakers
Denon AV Reciever ADV-700
JRMC11.1
Netremote 1.1
Girder
allofMP3 explorer (auto download of purchased tracks)
kingsparta's media auto import plugin
Media Center 12 with Girder and Netremote
Windows XP Pro SP2
Tranquil T2e
Via SP13000
2x500GB in RAID1
Testing AJAX Web-I/F
Humax DVB PVR-9600T
Denon ADV-1000
Celestion F-Series Speakers

marko

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #9 on: February 06, 2006, 06:05:50 am »

Mr. Morton, I see you use that russian music site ---> www.[web site removed].com ;)

have to admit, the display right click image options are one of 11.1's biggest casualties. there was so much functionality there it surprised me to see it removed, along with the quick and easy access we once had to the display options page, which is now buried 7 mouse clicks away as opposed to the previous 2.

If these made a comeback they would be well received, I'm almost certain of it.

-marko.
Pages: [1]   Go Up