INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Media Center 11.1.103 Release Candidate  (Read 7058 times)

Matt

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Shoes gone again!
Media Center 11.1.103 Release Candidate
« on: January 20, 2006, 06:59:31 pm »

This is a late pre-release version of MC 11.1.  Your MC11.0 license will work with it.  Please post bugs here.  Please start a new thread for anything requiring discussion.  Non-bug posts will be deleted or moved.

PRICES for MC11.0 and 11.1 are here: http://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php?board=3;action=display;threadid=23311

This latest build of MC11.1 is here:
ftp://ftp.jriver.com/pub/downloads/music/MediaCenter111103.exe

11.1.103 (01/20/06)

1. NEW: Added optional spectrum analyzer to player window. (click to enable) (takes no cycles when MC is not visible)
2. Changed: Default smartlist "100 Random Songs" wasn't limited to audio. (change takes effect if stock smartlists are recreated)
3. Fixed: Range searches for times (i.e. [Date Imported]=1d-7d) were not working as expected.
4. Fixed: Pressing F5 wouldn't preserve the view scroll, selection, etc. as expected.
5. Changed: Album name is now considered along with name and filesize when testing if an image file is a duplicate (or has changed) for the purposes of handheld syncs.
6. Changed: View scheme library header menu only appears when the tree is hidden. (right-click the bar to see full menu)
7. NEW: Added a right-click menu to the library header bar.
8. NEW: Added more logging for 3rd party plugin creation to aid developers in troubleshooting problems.
9. Changed: Resizing a plugin view for a plugin that failed to load no longer repeatedly shows an error.
10. Changed: Player window right-click and left click show the same action / configure menu.
11. Fixed: Visualization data is only output from the active zone, so visualizations (G-Force included) behave more logically in multi-zone configurations.
12. Fixed: Podcast file extensions and media types became confused with URLs containing complex parameters.
13. Fixed: Podcast downloads now ignore original file name found in URL.  Could not reliably extract a sensible filename from complex URLs.
14. Fixed: We are now more tolerant of illegal URLs and Mime types in Podcast feeds.

11.1.102 (01/19/06)

1. Fixed: The handheld option "Get data from handheld on connect" was not saving properly.
2. New: Media Center TV now supports Hauppauge WinTV PVR USB2 device.
3. Changed: With Media Center running, plugging in a fully synced device set to "Auto-sync on connect" will message the user that the device is synced.
4. Fixed: Pressing "Alt" while MC was loading could cause a crash.
5. Changed: Sync mode "All" no longer sends playlist groups. (instead, just playlists and smartlists)
6. Changed: Switching handheld options in and out of sync mode adds / removes the relevant options to the bottom list.
7. Changed: Improved handling of playback zone switching while in fullscreen mode.
8. Changed: Increased auto-show menu delays in the library view header by 33%.
9. Changed: Library view header view scheme picker menu uses nesting for long view scheme lists.
10. Changed: Typed list navigation searches the last clicked column in a list instead of doing a quick search. (use Ctrl+Q for quick search)
11. Changed: Clicking on a fullscreen bar resets the mouse and bar hide countdown. (like moving the mouse does)
12. Fixed: Action Window playlist duration displays were not formatting correctly.
13. Fixed: Saving handheld options with no handhelds could cause a crash.
14. Changed: Ctrl+F / Locate switch to the root Audio / Image / Video / User view scheme if in a non-root view scheme.
15. Fixed: When changing the search, the panes now reset their selection instead of maintaining the same selection they had with the previous search.
16. Changed: Added option to import results dialog to show in-depth report. (dialog is sizable)
17. Fixed: CD burning would fail on some systems if the burn queue was displayed (and status updates were extremely slow).
18. Changed: Tweaked the list of stock smartlists in the tree (fewer) and choices in the "Create Smartlist" dialog (more).
19. Changed: Podcasts are now assigned a Track # when downloaded, so they appear on handhelds in date order.
20. Changed: Podcasts moved to "Services and Plug-ins" (may change)

11.1.101 (01/17/06)

1. Fixed: The handheld option "Get data from handheld on connect" was not saving properly.
2. Changed: The status column is always shown in a handheld view. (instead of just when there are queued files)
3. Fixed: After some actions (like erasing files) the handheld view panes would not update to match the list.
4. Fixed: The sync on connect / startup option was not working as expected.
5. Fixed: When connecting a handheld device, the handheld's Action Window will autmatically be shown.
6. Changed: When disconnecting a handheld, the associated action window will automatically close.
7. Fixed: Podcast web pages sometimes opened outside the MC window.
8. Fixed: iPods with podcasts uploaded from iTunes could cause a crash.
9. Changed: When Media Center fails to load a cached thumbnail, it resets itself so it rebuilds the thumbnail.
10. Fixed: Restoring a library wouldn't reset the thumbnails from the previous library, causing some thumbs to not appear.
11. Fixed: Changing a selection in the panes would not reset the scroll position of the bottom list when showing a new set of files.
12. Fixed: Playlists were not transferring to portable devices correctly.

11.1.100 (01/16/06)

1. NEW: Photos uploaded to an iPod now support NTSC output to a TV.
2. Fixed: Some older firmware iPod photos wouldn't properly display a photo slideshow.
3. Changed: Files on a device show "Delete On Sync" in the status column when they're flagged for removal.
4. Changed: Play counts and ratings are now synchronized back from a device in a worker thread when the device is connected. (instead of blocking the program)
5. Fixed: Delete playlist confirmation from the iPod plugin only showed an 'OK' button.
6. Changed: Some tweaking of handheld menus.
7. NEW: Added "Options" button next to "Sync Now" button for handheld views.

New Features in MC 11.1
Podcasting support
Much improved handheld support for iPod, PlayforSure devices, and many others
Configurable locations for all media types on handhelds
iPod Shuffle and Nano support
Photos and album art on iPods that support it
Automatic backup of library
Directshow support for AAC files
Much faster handling of thumbnail images (requires one-time rebuild of thumbnails)
Integrated library and library browser system
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

LonWar

Re: Media Center 11.1.103 Release Candidate
« Reply #1 on: January 20, 2006, 08:25:39 pm »

If you right click on a header, you are seeing the pane info, but there is already a pane drop down. How about just showing the Tree in the right click, that is if you won't put it back the way it was.... I liked it.
-

datdude

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #2 on: January 21, 2006, 12:43:24 am »

15. Fixed: When changing the search, the panes now reset their selection instead of maintaining the same selection they had with the previous search.

Search functionality is weird now.

If I search nothing comes up until I reselect something from the list.  If I remove it the selections previously there do not appear.
"You are not a beautiful or unique snowflake." -  Just a very big snowball

marko

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #3 on: January 21, 2006, 04:54:51 am »

>>6. Changed: View scheme library header menu only appears when the tree is hidden. (right-click the bar to see full menu)<<
How about un-hiding the tree if we click on the hotspot?

when filtered by panes, and clicking 'all' in the leftmost pane, nothing happens and a second click is required. (give it 3 or 4 goes if you don't see it right away)
When the list does load, any files previously selected, remain selected.

when typing in smartlists, a refresh must be forced to get the file list to update. selecting a file in the list without updating, causes the smartlist to fall back to friendly view, but the list still doesn't update.

EpF

« Reply #4 on: January 21, 2006, 07:13:39 am »

Date formatting is still a problem; this doesn't work:
Mid([Date],0,2) If(IsRange(FormatDate([Date,0], yy), 00-09), 00, If(IsRange(FormatDate([Date,0], yy), 10-19), 10, ...etc... If(IsRange(FormatDate([Date,0], yy), 90-99), 90))))))))))'s

It's supposed to return [date] in decades. It used to work in MC11.0, and I updated it for raw date formatting in v11.1, but it's returning "00's" for files with no dates and "19's" for dates in the 1990's; the rest seem fine.

dpippel

• World Citizen
« Reply #5 on: January 21, 2006, 08:55:56 am »

I don't know if this one got buried in the 11.1.102 Release Candidate thread, but it's still broken in the 11.1.103 build:

MC will not output streaming audio (Web radio for instance) if ASIO is selected as Output Mode. Switching Output Mode to Direct Sound or WaveOut corrects the problem. ASIO output works just fine with local files (FLAC, MP3, etc.).

bytestar

• MC Beta Team
  • Alpha/Betatester
« Reply #6 on: January 21, 2006, 09:55:41 am »

Media center starts in 2 minutes or reacts 2 minutes long not.

i have emailed a log file to gateley
My System Info

Media Center Registered 11.1.103 -- C:\Programme\J River\Media Center 11\

Microsoft Windows XP  Workstation 5.1 Service Pack 2 (Build 2600)
AMD Athlon 2166 MHz MMX / Memory: Total - 1572 MB, Free - 990 MB

Internet Explorer: 7.0.5299.0 / ComCtl32.dll: 5.82.2900 / Shlwapi.dll: 6.0.2900 / Shell32.dll: 6.0.2900 / wnaspi32.dll: N/A
Ripping /   Drive D:   Mode:Normal  Type:Auto  Speed:Max
  Digital playback: Yes /  Use YADB: Yes /  Get cover art: No /  Calc replay gain: Yes /  Copy volume: 32767
  Eject after ripping: Yes /  Play sound after ripping: No 

Burning /  No burners found.
  Test mode: No /  Eject after writing: Yes /  Direct decoding: No /  Write CD-Text: Yes
  Use playback settings: No /
Official Microsoft © product tester.
Download the latest language file https://1drv.ms/u/s!AnQ3L_bTnnzv4otXL9-G4rUj9wX6Tw?e=TLGgjb (is constantly updated)

glynor

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #7 on: January 21, 2006, 10:54:21 am »

6. Changed: View scheme library header menu only appears when the tree is hidden. (right-click the bar to see full menu)

This now makes more logical sense to me.  I couldn't understand why you needed this "tool" when the tree is right there with the same exact choices.  Now, my navigation options are greatly improved when the tree is hidden.

I'm pleased, though as I said before, I'm happy that the giant list is now nested.  If it annoys others that this option hides/unhides itself, it doesn't bother me to have it there all the time (even though it doesn't make logical sense to me).

PS.  I've now been playing with MC 11.1 for a couple of weeks, and I must say... Great job JRiver!  It feels much smoother when running than the 11.0 release versions did, and I love a bunch of the new features (especially the confirmation when drag-dropping items on the tree -- no more accidental tagging of hundreds of files).  Before I made the switch, I wasn't sure if it would be worth the effort, since most of the changes seemed targeted at Portable support.  I'm glad I did, because there is a lot of other stuff here too!
"Some cultures are defined by their relationship to cheese."

Visit me on the Interweb Thingie: http://glynor.com/

bennyd

• Project Leader
« Reply #8 on: January 21, 2006, 11:13:48 am »

Search only works in "Panes" mode, when you select something else than "Panes" (eg "Genre"), search doesn't work
may U live 2 see the dawn

bennyd :-)

spb

• Recent member
« Reply #9 on: January 21, 2006, 11:42:40 am »

I am getting a Devide by Zero error when I import Photos

Start import,
It inport some photos then hangs then provides error message

It is reproducable in many directories and is reproducable on teh same files per the log.

Several Photo editors and display programs have no problem displaying the photos in question.

Alex B

• MC Beta Team
  • The Cosmic Bird
« Reply #10 on: January 21, 2006, 12:03:49 pm »

I am getting a Devide by Zero error when I import Photos...

Have you experienced this before or is this a new problem with 11.1.103? Could you post a link to a sample photo?
The Cosmic Bird - a triple merger of galaxies: http://eso.org/public/news/eso0755

Dutch Peter

• Carpe Diem
« Reply #11 on: January 21, 2006, 12:30:37 pm »

Image action window is open.
In the library browser I go to artists > songs.
(show all links is active).
I click on the dropdown under the Song icon. It opens, then album art pops up in the action widow and the drop down closes. All in a split second.
I expect the dropdown to stay open.
Doing this with a song without album art, there is no problem.
Stupid questions do not exist, only stupid answers.

drosoph

• MC Beta Team
  • TiVo-aholic
« Reply #12 on: January 21, 2006, 01:08:16 pm »

What ever happened to sorting of images by date?  I still have that problem.  Was there a workaround found ... this has been hanging around for 20 or so builds.

JimH

• Administrator
  • Where did I put my teeth?
« Reply #13 on: January 21, 2006, 02:03:00 pm »

Mr ChriZ

• :-D
« Reply #14 on: January 21, 2006, 02:23:17 pm »

1. NEW: Added optional spectrum analyzer to player window. (click to enable) (takes no cycles when MC is not visible)

Oooh New Eye Candy  ;D
Thankyou!

datdude

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #15 on: January 22, 2006, 01:20:16 am »

Spectrum analyzer only works for me, after I select it and then restart MC.
"You are not a beautiful or unique snowflake." -  Just a very big snowball

RhinoBanga

• Developer
« Reply #16 on: January 22, 2006, 03:33:14 am »

Have the rules for "Album Artist (auto)" changed?   My various artist albums are now showing up individually under Audio - Album/Artist in the treeview after I upgraded from 11.1.93.   I have rebuilt my library and it's still doing the same.   If it's not a bug and the rules have changed is there something I have to do in order to get it to work the way it did before?

Dragyn

« Reply #17 on: January 22, 2006, 07:48:38 am »

2GB limit on thumbnails.jmd? I know it's not my file system. Anyway, MC goes into an endless loop recreating the file until it hits 1.99GB.

Also, the info below says I have 2GB... it's actually 3. :p

Media Center Registered 11.1.103 -- C:\Program Files\J River\Media Center 11\

Microsoft Windows XP  Workstation 5.1 Service Pack 2 (Build 2600)
AMD Unknown 1785 MHz MMX / Memory: Total - 2097 MB, Free - 1572 MB

Internet Explorer: 6.0.2900.2180 / ComCtl32.dll: 5.82.2900 / Shlwapi.dll: 6.0.2900 / Shell32.dll: 6.0.2900 / wnaspi32.dll: N/A
Ripping /   Drive H:   Mode:Normal  Type:Auto  Speed:Max
  Digital playback: Yes /  Use YADB: Yes /  Get cover art: No /  Calc replay gain: Yes /  Copy volume: 32767
  Eject after ripping: Yes /  Play sound after ripping: No 

Burning /  Drive H: TOSHIBA  CD/DVDW SD-R5372   Addr: 1:0:0  Speed:17  MaxSpeed:17  BurnProof:Yes
  Test mode: No /  Eject after writing: Yes /  Direct decoding: Yes /  Write CD-Text: Yes
  Use playback settings: No /

sbsp2

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #18 on: January 22, 2006, 07:53:57 am »

MC locks up for about 20 seconds when syncing to Handheld (Dell DJ) after you press the Sync button in the AW Handheld pane.  During this time, MC is unresponsive (you can't click anywhere in MC).

When I'm syncing just playlists (3 lists of 65 tracks each) (no tracks have to be transferred), MC locks up for 20 seconds (Sync button freezes in the down position) and then you finally see the progress bar and the playlists sync in just a few seconds.

I think it's a bug that it locks up and MC is unusable.  Seems like it should still be responsive while it's thinking or whatever it's doing and show the progress bar doing 'something'.

I did do a Debugview with all events enabled and while MC was paused for the 20 seconds (from the time I clicked Sync) there was no (none) debug messages, then a bunch msgs and the sync completed in less than 2 seconds (of the 3 playlists).

Mr ChriZ

• :-D
« Reply #19 on: January 22, 2006, 02:01:41 pm »

Small Bug
On startup if a failure message box comes up, it appears behind
everything else....

Matt

• Administrator
  • Shoes gone again!
« Reply #20 on: January 22, 2006, 03:41:07 pm »

I am getting a Devide by Zero error when I import Photos

Start import,
It inport some photos then hangs then provides error message

It is reproducable in many directories and is reproducable on teh same files per the log.

Several Photo editors and display programs have no problem displaying the photos in question.

Could you email a sample image to matt @ jriver.com

Thanks.
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

park

• MC Beta Team
  • I wish I had more to say!
« Reply #21 on: January 22, 2006, 07:28:54 pm »

I installed MC on a friends computer last night and witnessed about 10 crashes. All related to thumbnail building I think. (I have had the same problem on my machine.) When trying to draw thumbnails for some movies MC imediately crashes. I got around this on my machine by downloading a different codec pack, but I think that MC needs some way of just skipping problem files rather than crashing. It's not the best foot to get off on with someone trailing the software.

park

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #22 on: January 22, 2006, 07:39:57 pm »

I just browsed my library (didnt make any tag changes) and MC threw up a Haali Media splitter error message about 6 times saying something like "first part of file not ebml"

park

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #23 on: January 22, 2006, 08:16:43 pm »

panes still need to be F5 refreshed after making tag changes. This is confusing for new users I think.

edit---
This seems to be related to a m4a podcast that I downloaded. The message gets thrown up every time tags are edited, when it's started, or stopped.

gpvillamil

• Listen to the music...
« Reply #24 on: January 22, 2006, 10:41:28 pm »

Left-click and right-click on the Now Playing window does the same thing: brings up pop-up menu for displaying alternate text, spectrum analyzer etc.

First, that seems redundant.

Second, the customize display text dialog stills says that you should click on the display to change to alternate text.

Dutch Peter

• Carpe Diem
« Reply #25 on: January 22, 2006, 11:58:43 pm »

panes still need to be F5 refreshed after making tag changes. This is confusing for new users I think.
Also the case when editing a play- or smartlist.
Stupid questions do not exist, only stupid answers.

Yaobing

• Administrator
  • Dogs of the world unite!
« Reply #26 on: January 23, 2006, 08:27:09 am »

I just browsed my library (didnt make any tag changes) and MC threw up a Haali Media splitter error message about 6 times saying something like "first part of file not ebml"
That comes from Haali Media Splitter itself. I discussed this in another thread. Haali should just fail silently. This problem is what prevents me from endorsing it as THE media splitter to use.

Do you have files that we attempt to play using DirectShow but the filters cannot handle them? An example of such file would be Real's Lossless RealAudio (.ra). It uses the same extension as regular RealAudio which CAN be played with filters. If you have a lot of such kind of files, the only solution for now is to use an alternative Media Splitter, until Haali stops displaying message boxes.
Yaobing Deng, JRiver Media Center

Yaobing

• Administrator
  • Dogs of the world unite!
« Reply #27 on: January 23, 2006, 11:19:02 am »

I installed MC on a friends computer last night and witnessed about 10 crashes. All related to thumbnail building I think. (I have had the same problem on my machine.) When trying to draw thumbnails for some movies MC imediately crashes. I got around this on my machine by downloading a different codec pack, but I think that MC needs some way of just skipping problem files rather than crashing. It's not the best foot to get off on with someone trailing the software.

Can you tell us what file types were giving you problems, and what codecs were you using, and which codec pack would fix it?
Yaobing Deng, JRiver Media Center
Pages: [1]   Go Up