INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Help with restore  (Read 2073 times)

Hoosiers

• Recent member
Help with restore
« on: January 25, 2006, 08:18:39 am »

Hello,

I had to rebuild my computer and therefore lost my purchased copy of MC10. I went to the restore page to get it back but it doesn't seem to work. Can someone please help me out?

thanks so much.

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
Re: Help with restore
« Reply #1 on: January 25, 2006, 09:04:26 am »

There is a FAQ on license problems here:

www.jrmediacenter.com/purchase.html

You'll need your Registration Code from the e-mail you received from buy-button@jriver.com.  Or you can have the system e-mail it to the address you gave us.

Hoosiers

• Recent member
« Reply #2 on: January 25, 2006, 09:09:18 am »

Thanks Jim,

I did that the first time. I still had my original email with the registration code, put it in the box on the restore page, and then it said it would be automatically restored or I could click on my registration number and do it that way. But nothing happened. No download - nothing. Thats why I can't figure it out. Is there another step?

JimH

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: January 25, 2006, 09:16:36 am »

Please read that FAQ again carefully.  The answers should all be there.

There is no download.  It just installs the license.  It's possible a pop-up blocker may cause problems.  Check under MC Help to see what the registration status is.  Make sure your license matches your version.

Hoosiers

• Recent member
« Reply #4 on: January 25, 2006, 10:16:45 am »

The information on the FAQ doesn't really help me at all. But there is something else I don't understand and maybe why I am having trouble.

When I go to my program files under the start menu on my computer  JRiver is not listed, but there is a folder on my computer in the c: drive that says JRiver and all the files for the program are in there. When I try to run the Media Juke box.exe to load the program it tells me that the feature is not available because my 30 trial period is over. It gives me the options to buy, learn more, or restore. If I hit restore, it takes me to the same restore page I got previously, i enter my registration code (now down to 8 attempts this year) and a pop up window appears that says downloading media center. Then it justs sits there. So obviously it is trying to download something but you said it shouldn't be.

Is this because I have the older version of the program? I have 10 which I bought last year and you guys now have version 11?

JimH

• Administrator
« Reply #5 on: January 25, 2006, 10:20:22 am »

Uninstall any versions of MJ and MC you have.  Reinstall the latest version of MC 10.  You can find it here:
ftp://ftp.jriver.com/pub/downloads/music/MediaCenter10.exe

Then try a restore. 

If you still have problems, please copy the system info from MC Help and paste it here.

If you have a pop up blocker running, disable it.  Use IE as your browser.

Hoosiers

• Recent member
« Reply #6 on: January 25, 2006, 11:03:15 am »

Thank you so much - this worked!

You were a big help and I really appreciate it

Cheers

JimH

• Administrator
« Reply #7 on: January 25, 2006, 12:10:21 pm »

You're welcome.  I've reset your restores.
Pages: [1]   Go Up