INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Directshow change  (Read 970 times)

bman001

• Recent member
Directshow change
« on: February 02, 2006, 01:40:55 am »

10. Changed: MC no longer attempts to play MP4 files with DirectShow, but instead always uses QuickTime. (too many buggy mp4 filters)

I really hope JR rethinks this.  DirectShow support for MP4 was a huge plus for me.  I won't be installing this build for this reason.

Let me put it another way.  It's not JR's problem that some people can't get their DS filters sorted out.  One doesn't need to be a rocket scientist to install and configure ffdshow.

coolblue

• World Citizen
  • "You're soaking in it!"
Re: Media Center 11.1.111 Release Candidate
« Reply #1 on: February 02, 2006, 05:15:11 am »

10. Changed: MC no longer attempts to play MP4 files with DirectShow, but instead always uses QuickTime. (too many buggy mp4 filters)

I really hope JR rethinks this.  DirectShow support for MP4 was a huge plus for me.  I won't be installing this build for this reason.

Let me put it another way.  It's not JR's problem that some people can't get their DS filters sorted out.  One doesn't need to be a rocket scientist to install and configure ffdshow.

I have to agree with this. ffdshow can be installed and configured as part of the k-lite codec pack (http://www.codecguide.com/) or downloaded standalone from betanews.com or videohelp.com . it's OSS, reliable and very configurable. my 2¢.

Yaobing

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Dogs of the world unite!
Re: Directshow change
« Reply #2 on: February 02, 2006, 08:45:43 am »

Please see this thread, and post additional comments there:

http://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php?topic=31688.msg217735#msg217735
Yaobing Deng, JRiver Media Center
Pages: [1]   Go Up