INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: View Panes - Widen Filename Display Width?  (Read 803 times)

meehawl

• Junior Woodchuck
  • nothing more to say...
View Panes - Widen Filename Display Width?
« on: February 03, 2006, 03:44:36 pm »

I avoid updating so I just switched to 11.1.111 today when I got an auto update. My apologies if this is a resolved issue.

In past builds of MC (Back to MJ 8) I have always been able to widen the filename colum in the library view by adding a field to the right (ie, "below") it, then selecting the righthand Filename edge and dragging across. The scroll bars on the bottom of the main MC window shrink, and so I can click on them to scroll over further to the right. Then I repeat the procedure a few times. This is necessary because I have very long filenames, and some quite deep directories.

In 11.1.111 this behaviour has changed. Now, when I drag the Filename edge to the right, the field width to its right simply shrinks (instead of being 'pushed' over). I get no extra scrolling width and the width of the entire view in the UI seems to be somehow fixed.

I'd like to expand the width of the Filename (to about 3x its default value). Is this stil possible? What about in build 112?
Irish guy in San Francisco

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
Re: View Panes - Widen Filename Display Width?
« Reply #1 on: February 03, 2006, 05:02:33 pm »

One of the options in this version is to auto-size the columns.  I think it will make them about 80% of the longest.

meehawl

• Junior Woodchuck
  • nothing more to say...
Allow Auto Size To Cut Off Long Values
« Reply #2 on: February 04, 2006, 09:03:40 pm »

I believe I restored my old functionality by going to

Tools -> Options -> Tree & View

And turning on and then off "Auto Size" columns and list, and deactivating "Allow Auto Size To Cut Off Long Values".
Irish guy in San Francisco
Pages: [1]   Go Up