INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Is MC11 detecting another MC11 on a network?  (Read 966 times)

Jaguu

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
Is MC11 detecting another MC11 on a network?
« on: February 04, 2006, 02:39:08 pm »

Just wondering?

Is there a way that MC11.1 would detect another MC11.1 on my Home Network? And would they be able to sync their data?

I would like to have a subset of my media library on my notebook to carry around with me.
What would be the best way to achieve this? Defining the Notebook as a Handheld Device?
Anybody tried that?

Don't think Library  server is the right option for me as I do not want to stream. Disk space is not a problem nowadays. I just want to keep one main library where I make all the changes and sync a subset with my notebook or other pc's on my home network!

alanl

• Junior Woodchuck
Re: Is MC11 detecting another MC11 on a network?
« Reply #1 on: February 04, 2006, 05:39:23 pm »

That looks possible.  I've just defined one laptop as a portable device to another laptop and it was accepted.  The only problem is that MC just says "Working".  Presumably it's trying to load the entire library from the other laptop, and over 802.11g that's going to take all night.

Maybe it's possible, or maybe I've just screwed up  :(

Edit: Just to clarify, I defined the My Music folder on the other laptop as a portable device, just as I do with my Archos GMini.

Edit: The library showed up after about ten minutes.
This would need to have been associated with a playlist of the music you wanted to synch, and then you'd have to do an "Import Media" on the laptop to refresh the library,  assuming the synch worked.  Obviously I'm not going to try it - over to you Jaguu!
Pages: [1]   Go Up