INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Media Center 11.1.116  (Read 3073 times)

Matt

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Shoes gone again!
Media Center 11.1.116
« on: February 08, 2006, 05:38:45 pm »

This is the latest version of MC 11.1.  Your MC11.0 license will work with it.  Please post bugs here.  Please start a new thread for anything requiring discussion.  Non-bug posts will be deleted or moved.

PRICES for MC11.0 and 11.1 are here: http://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php?board=3;action=display;threadid=23311

This latest build of MC11.1 is here:
ftp://ftp.jriver.com/pub/downloads/music/MediaCenter111116.exe

11.1.116 (02/08/06)

1. Changed: Capped the maximum size a tooltip can ever be. (when a file has a very large comment, etc.)
2. Changed: Removed the "Start auto-pan on zoom" option from image playback. (use 'P' to start Ken Burn's style image transitions)
3. Changed: When double-clicking a single audio file in a playlist of images and audio, the images will play in slideshow mode. (but not if you double-click a single image)
4. NEW: Included Spanish translation file. (thanks to ferent)
5. NEW: Included updated German translation file. (thanks to ByteStar)
6. NEW: Included partial Chinese translation file. (thanks to Yaobing)
7. Fixed: In rare cases the first conversion when transferring to a handheld to fail.
8. Fixed: Re-importing DVD movies from hard disk which already existed in the MC database failed.
9. Fixed: DVD movies would import but not play from network drives.
10. Fixed: When DRM tracks without licenses were dragged to a portable device, clicking the Transfer button gave no indication of the problem.
11. Changed: When changing File Associations, we also handle Mime Type associations.
12. Changed: Media Center no longer recognizes memory stick, compact flash, and similar ports as devices when the port is empty.
13. Changed: Deleting a portable device will remove it and ignore it.
14. Changed: The 'Edit Selected Item' menu item was renamed to 'Rename'.
15. Fixed: Library browser type views could fail to draw properly when scrolling down on some machines.
16. Fixed: Library browser type views could have a single pixel border on their left that wouldn't redraw properly.
17. Fixed: Podcast files could get categorized incorrectly on an iPod.

11.1.115 (02/07/06)

1. Fixed: Resetting devices while viewing a handheld view could cause a crash.
2. Fixed: Handhelds would unexpectedly rerun smartlists when dropping individual files onto a device setup for sync. (causing confusing sync of random type lists)
3. Fixed: "Auto-sync on connect" handheld option was not functioning properly.
4. Fixed: Cover art would not always clear from the display once Media Center stopped playing.
5. Fixed: The player bar's spectrum analyzer could get "stuck" if you paused, quickly hid Media Center, and then showed it later.
6. NEW: Media Center uses relative paths whenever possible when building playlists on a handheld device.
7. NEW: Improved Media Center's handling of advanced relative paths in playlists.
8. New: Added a link to see the previous MC execution's log file.
9. Fixed: Cameras that specified a focal plane resolution but no focal plane units in their EXIF tag could cause a crash.
10. Changed: Tweaked the EXIF output for images. (Action Window > File Properties > File Type Info)
11. Fixed: In the library header navigation bar, the word "File" could get replaced by "Pane" in some cases.
12. Changed: Reworded the Options > CD & DVD Burning dialog to better encompass DVDs.
13. NEW: Added the ability to hot-swap language files to the Tools > Language menu.
14. Fixed: Media Center would not silently skip missing tracks during playback as expected.
15. Fixed: Importing DVD movies from hard disk not working correctly.
16. Fixed: CD and DVD Discs that were in the drive when MC started were getting named "Unnamed Disc" instead of the proper volume name.
17. Fixed: Library Server would not share certain content types (Direct Show).

11.1.114 (02/06/06)

1. Changed: People, places, events, and keywords are default search fields.
2. Fixed: Emailing multiple files at once from the "Send To" menu was not working properly.
3. Changed: Tweaked the Send To > Play menu layout.
4. Changed: Revised menu / toolbar customization tooltip text.
5. Fixed: Media Center could be slower to size than expected.
6. Fixed: Switching sample rates of audio files being played could cause audio corruption in some cases.
7. Fixed: QMB boxes now set focus to the edit field.  (Highlight it, too.)
8. Fixed: Search box is speedy again.
9. Changed: Search box no longer resizes.
10. Changed: The play shortcut in some Theater View or Windowed mode pages would play the files from the view selected in Standard View instead of the current playing now. (if this option was selected)
11. Changed: Theater View uses the same display mode (visualization, track info, etc.) as standard and full screen view. (Mini View still gets independent settings)
12. Changed: Revised the about dialog to contain a JRiver link in it.
13. Fixed: The recently imported playlist was not working properly.
14. Optimized: Much faster Theater View thumbnail operation.
15. Fixed: MC plays even more asx streams (Allmusic previews for example).
16. Fixed: Some iRiver iFP-type devices could cause Media Center to lock-up.
17. Changed: Replaced Podcast "Click to Download" with a "Download" button.
18. Fixed: Search control "Go" button would not appear as expected in non-file views.
19. Fixed: Long search control text could bleed on to the right border of the search control with some skins.

11.1.113 (02/03/06)

1. Changed: Added a tooltip to the top menu bar that explains that the bar is customizable. (shows after 2 seconds)
2. Changed: After editing an image, MC will save the previous tags into the updated file. (if you "Save As..." instead, tags will not be transferred)
3. Fixed: During FTP image upload, the progress display could show incorrect values.
4. NEW: Added .dvr-ms as a supported Windows Media Video file type.
5. NEW: Media Center does an OS-level eject on devices like an iPod when the system suports it. (so it's removed from the "Safely Remove Hardware" system, etc.)
6. NEW: Added the ability to eject drive-style handheld devices like a MuVo, Samsung, etc. (OS-level eject as well)
7. Fixed: After a "Save As ..." operation, the text on the title bar of Image Editor was messed up.
8. Changed: JPEG images are saved at higher quality in Image Editor.

New Features in MC 11.1
Podcasting support, with OneClick Podcast subscription
Audible fully supported
Much improved handheld support for iPod, PlayforSure devices, and many others
User-configurable locations for media types on handhelds (edit pdt.xml file in MC directory)
iPod Shuffle and Nano support
Photos and album art on iPods that support it
Automatic backup of library
Directshow support for AAC files
Much faster handling of thumbnail images (requires one-time rebuild of thumbnails)
Integrated library and library browser system
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

richard.e.morton

• World Citizen
Re: Media Center 11.1.116
« Reply #1 on: February 08, 2006, 06:38:13 pm »

ok,

we're getting there I think. We still have the offset drag issue when dragging around the artists in the tree, it works fine in the playing now list though. Basically the outline of the object that you have dragged is about an inch above where the pointer is... very wierd. Although where the pointer is is where the item gets dropped.

Rich
Media Center 12 with Girder and Netremote
Windows XP Pro SP2
Tranquil T2e
Via SP13000
2x500GB in RAID1
Testing AJAX Web-I/F
Humax DVB PVR-9600T
Denon ADV-1000
Celestion F-Series Speakers

doubrown

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #2 on: February 08, 2006, 08:30:44 pm »

Thumbnail problem fixed ;D

Ram1

• Recent member
« Reply #3 on: February 09, 2006, 12:23:07 am »

Hello... I'm currently about mid-way through the evaluation period for MC11, and I've come across a problem that I can't find in any of the threads between minor release 104 and this one (I also tried searching the bb).

In 104, I was able to stream both music and images from a Library Server over a wireless, as well as wired home network connection to my laptop, and both played simultaneously without issue.  Since that version (I've tried 111 and 116), I only get the music, while the images only show "Loading...".  It's as if the Library Server can't do a multi-threaded streaming to the client.  Is there a setting default that has changed that would cause this (I've looked exhaustively), or is this a bug that can be reproduced in someone elses similar setup?  :-\

For the most part, I've been pleased with MC so far, but this capability is probably one of the most important feature requirements for me, as I plan on setting up a central server and many lightweight clients at various other entertainment centers around the house.

One other thing... when trying to uninstall 116, I kept getting an error about not being able to find an "associations file".  The uninstall only partially completed.  I resolved this by installing over the remaining 116 with a lower minor release (111) and then doing a full, successful uninstall.  I've reverted back to 104 until I hear more about the simultaneous music/image streaming issue.

Thx,

- e

marko

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #4 on: February 09, 2006, 02:30:23 am »

I have a playlist group here that contains 7 other groups. Each of those 7 groups contain many smartlists, both regular and expression based.

If I right click on the main parent group, it takes a full 30 seconds before the menu appears, and yes, I timed it.
My guess is that MC is calculating every smartlist and expression beneath the parent before showing the menu.
Is this by design?
The delay is only present the first time the group is right clicked in a session.

Deivit

• I find your interest interesting...
« Reply #5 on: February 09, 2006, 04:15:06 am »

I have a playlist group here that contains 7 other groups. Each of those 7 groups contain many smartlists, both regular and expression based.

If I right click on the main parent group, it takes a full 30 seconds before the menu appears, and yes, I timed it.
My guess is that MC is calculating every smartlist and expression beneath the parent before showing the menu.
Is this by design?
The delay is only present the first time the group is right clicked in a session.

This has happened to me since the beginning of times  :)

It also happens when you've worked with a smartlist, have your playlists tree expanded and click on the small triangle left to the main playlist node to collapse it. It seems that clicking on that triangle at that time triggers the action of opening the Playlists node. Probably because of the size of my library I have been stuck waiting for several minutes before MC was responsive again, so I have developed a workaround consisting in changing the view, for example, to "Playing now" and only then clicking on the small triangle to collapse the playlist tree.... but sometimes I forget to do it that way.

About a year ago, I even asked for a "stop" button precisely to stop this things to happen.

http://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php?topic=26764.0

lalittle

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #6 on: February 09, 2006, 04:53:24 am »

I can't edit tags on low bitrate WAV files.  When I try, I get a message telling me that the rename operation failed, and it asks me to check for another program using the file or for for read only status.  Needless to say, another program is definitely NOT using the file, and the attributes and security settings all look normal -- i.e. I should have "full control" over these files.  This only happens on WAV files about 56kbps or below.  If the bitrate is higher, this does not happen.  This is the ONLY pattern I can find to this issue, and it seems quite consistant.

Larry

dcwebman

« Reply #7 on: February 09, 2006, 07:01:01 am »

I don't think this has been reported before but I have seen this for a few versions now, the last one I had installed was 112 before 116, and it happened at least a few versions before that one. I use a Track Info page in Playing Now. If I have a song playing and then stop it, it still stays highlighted in the track list which is fine. However, if I go to another track and start playing that by double-clicking on it, the track info doesn't change. The only way I can get it to change is to change to another track info and then back again.

Media Center Registered 11.1.116 -- C:\Program Files\J River\Media Center 11\

Microsoft Windows XP  Workstation 5.1 Service Pack 1 (Build 2600)
Intel Pentium 4 1468 MHz MMX / Memory: Total - 523 MB, Free - 251 MB

Internet Explorer: 6.0.2800.1106 / ComCtl32.dll: 5.82.2800 / Shlwapi.dll: 6.0.2800 / Shell32.dll: 6.0.2800 / wnaspi32.dll: N/A
Ripping /   Drive E: LG      CD-RW CED-8080B   Mode:ModeSecure  Type:Auto  Speed:Max
  Drive G:   Mode:ModeSecure  Type:Auto  Speed:Max
  Digital playback: Yes /  Use YADB: Yes /  Get cover art: Yes /  Calc replay gain: Yes /  Copy volume: 32767
  Eject after ripping: Yes /  Play sound after ripping: No 

Burning /  Drive E: LG       CD-RW CED-8080B    Addr: 1:0:0  Speed:8  MaxSpeed:8  BurnProof:No
  Test mode: No /  Eject after writing: Yes /  Direct decoding: No /  Write CD-Text: Yes
  Use playback settings: No /
Jeff

Matt

• Administrator
  • Shoes gone again!
« Reply #8 on: February 09, 2006, 09:46:40 am »

Deivit, what you're talking about isn't an issue with MC 11.1 anymore.  Try it and you'll see what I mean.

Marko, we're still brainstorming about the right-click menu.
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

Deivit

• I find your interest interesting...
« Reply #9 on: February 09, 2006, 10:35:02 am »

Deivit, what you're talking about isn't an issue with MC 11.1 anymore.  Try it and you'll see what I mean.

Did this change recently? I'm not at home now and don't recall which build of 11.1 I'm using, but as soon as I get home tonight I will download the last one and let you know.

Thanks!  :)

[EDIT] Tried with my current version (11.1.111)... and it works!! I guess I haven't tried it lately. Thank you very much, Matt  :)

JimH

• Administrator
  • Where did I put my teeth?
« Reply #10 on: February 09, 2006, 03:23:12 pm »

Penfold,
Your post was split.

lalittle

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #11 on: February 09, 2006, 06:10:01 pm »

Still getting the long, "Not responding" issue at the end of every iPod sync.  This happens for all syncs, but it's particularly noticeable with "small" syncs since when synching a single song, the actual "copying" process takes only a few seconds, after which the system just sits there for about 1 minute while the task manager lists MC as "Not responding."  I understand if MC is still "doing something" during this time, but it would be nice if it said something to this effect rather than seeming to lock up with the song saying "uploading" the whole time.

Larry

AndromAK

• Junior Woodchuck
  • Omnes Vulnerant, Ultima Necat
« Reply #12 on: February 09, 2006, 06:35:53 pm »

Drag and Drop in the Playing Now View is now very buggy : I CAN'T drag a file from bottom to top of the list.

In previous build, drag and drop was very difficult to use in thumbnail mode : the list was moving too fast. When I had to move files, I used CTRL+X, CTRL+V instead... (impossible with the mouse)
I used mouse when I had to move a file "inside" the window (not in a far position)

But now, it's just impossible!!

Before, I thought this bug was just only very annoying, but now I just can't use the mouse to manipulate tracks in playing now.

Please fix it. 
Pages: [1]   Go Up