INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Media Center 11.1.117  (Read 4424 times)

Matt

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Shoes gone again!
Media Center 11.1.117
« on: February 09, 2006, 07:03:39 pm »

This is the latest version of MC 11.1.  Your MC11.0 license will work with it.  Please post bugs here.  Please start a new thread for anything requiring discussion.  Non-bug posts will be deleted or moved.

PRICES for MC11.0 and 11.1 are here: http://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php?board=3;action=display;threadid=23311

This latest build of MC11.1 is here:
[build pulled by JimH for misc small problems]

11.1.117 (02/09/06)

1. Changed: "MP4 Source" filter gets higher loading priority than "Haali Media Splitter" in DirectShow playback of m4a files.
2. New: Podcast downloads now use a progress bar to show status.
3. New: Deleted Podcast episodes are shown as deleted and are not automatically downloaded a second time.
4. New: Deleted Podcast episodes can be unmarked as deleted by clicking on their Episode Status.
5. New: Manually requested Podcast episode downloads can be cancelled by clicking on their Episode Status.
6. Fixed: Podcast episode status field was not always updated promptly after a status change.
7. Fixed: Orphaned Podcast episodes were not always purged correctly.
8. Changed: Removed the "Send To" menu from playlist groups in the tree. (since calculating the union of files for lots of child smartlists could be slow)
9. NEW: All thumbnail views adapth their thumbnail sizing to prevent dead-space on the right side. (just like library browser style views do)
10. NEW: Added "Playlists" as a possible startup location to options.
11. Fixed: After stopping and starting playback again, track info pages would not always rebuild to show updated information.
12. Fixed: DVD playback was broken.
13. Fixed: The Reset TiVo Beacon button would crash.
14. Fixed: After failing to load a library server library, MC could offer to restore from a backup instead of simply switching back to the current library.
15. Fixed: Playing images and audio at the same time over library server would not work as expected.
16. Fixed: When starting dual playback of audio and images by double-clicking an image, the desired image wouldn't always start.
17. Changed: Tuned how shuffle works for images during audio + image playback.
18. Changed: mp4 media type can be played in DirectShow. The user must enable it in Options. The default is to use Quicktime.
19. Fixed: Sound recorder crashed at end or recording if simultaneous encoding was not selected.
20. Changed: Improved error reporting and logging for WinTV PVR family TV tuners.
21. Changed: Removed v1 MPL playlist parsing support.
22. NEW: Podcasts get listed under the Podcasts item on the iPod.

11.1.116 (02/08/06)

1. Changed: Capped the maximum size a tooltip can ever be. (when a file has a very large comment, etc.)
2. Changed: Removed the "Start auto-pan on zoom" option from image playback. (use 'P' to start Ken Burn's style image transitions)
3. Changed: When double-clicking a single audio file in a playlist of images and audio, the images will play in slideshow mode. (but not if you double-click a single image)
4. NEW: Included Spanish translation file. (thanks to ferent)
5. NEW: Included updated German translation file. (thanks to ByteStar)
6. NEW: Included partial Chinese translation file. (thanks to Yaobing)
7. Fixed: In rare cases the first conversion when transferring to a handheld to fail.
8. Fixed: Re-importing DVD movies from hard disk which already existed in the MC database failed.
9. Fixed: DVD movies would import but not play from network drives.
10. Fixed: When DRM tracks without licenses were dragged to a portable device, clicking the Transfer button gave no indication of the problem.
11. Changed: When changing File Associations, we also handle Mime Type associations.
12. Changed: Media Center no longer recognizes memory stick, compact flash, and similar ports as devices when the port is empty.
13. Changed: Deleting a portable device will remove it and ignore it.
14. Changed: The 'Edit Selected Item' menu item was renamed to 'Rename'.
15. Fixed: Library browser type views could fail to draw properly when scrolling down on some machines.
16. Fixed: Library browser type views could have a single pixel border on their left that wouldn't redraw properly.
17. Fixed: Podcast files could get categorized incorrectly on an iPod.

11.1.115 (02/07/06)

1. Fixed: Resetting devices while viewing a handheld view could cause a crash.
2. Fixed: Handhelds would unexpectedly rerun smartlists when dropping individual files onto a device setup for sync. (causing confusing sync of random type lists)
3. Fixed: "Auto-sync on connect" handheld option was not functioning properly.
4. Fixed: Cover art would not always clear from the display once Media Center stopped playing.
5. Fixed: The player bar's spectrum analyzer could get "stuck" if you paused, quickly hid Media Center, and then showed it later.
6. NEW: Media Center uses relative paths whenever possible when building playlists on a handheld device.
7. NEW: Improved Media Center's handling of advanced relative paths in playlists.
8. New: Added a link to see the previous MC execution's log file.
9. Fixed: Cameras that specified a focal plane resolution but no focal plane units in their EXIF tag could cause a crash.
10. Changed: Tweaked the EXIF output for images. (Action Window > File Properties > File Type Info)
11. Fixed: In the library header navigation bar, the word "File" could get replaced by "Pane" in some cases.
12. Changed: Reworded the Options > CD & DVD Burning dialog to better encompass DVDs.
13. NEW: Added the ability to hot-swap language files to the Tools > Language menu.
14. Fixed: Media Center would not silently skip missing tracks during playback as expected.
15. Fixed: Importing DVD movies from hard disk not working correctly.
16. Fixed: CD and DVD Discs that were in the drive when MC started were getting named "Unnamed Disc" instead of the proper volume name.
17. Fixed: Library Server would not share certain content types (Direct Show).

New Features in MC 11.1
Podcasting support, with OneClick Podcast subscription
Audible fully supported
Much improved handheld support for iPod, PlayforSure devices, and many others
User-configurable locations for media types on handhelds (edit pdt.xml file in MC directory)
iPod Shuffle and Nano support
Photos and album art on iPods that support it
Automatic backup of library
Directshow support for AAC files
Much faster handling of thumbnail images (requires one-time rebuild of thumbnails)
Integrated library and library browser system
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

Rizlaw

• Galactic Citizen
Re: Media Center 11.1.117
« Reply #1 on: February 09, 2006, 07:12:33 pm »

Unless I missed something with the new 11.1.xxx builds, builds 116 and 117 are broken when trying to rip new CDs. I have tried to rip 3 new CDs purchased today which are not in the YADB and each time, 11.1.16, and now 11.1.117 fail to pop up a window to allow me to enter: artist, album, track and genre info.  Instead I get all the fields filled with "unknown artist", "unknown album", "unknow genre", etc.  I then have to manually enter all the info track by track and rip.  This is not the way it used to work in 11.0.316.  Has something changed that I missed?
Ubuntu Gnome 20.04 LTS

micahmj11

• Junior Woodchuck
  • This is war peacock. Casualties are inevitable.
« Reply #2 on: February 09, 2006, 08:16:39 pm »

22. NEW: Podcasts list "Podcasts" under the Podcasts item on the iPod.

Nice!

I wasn't exactly sure what number 22 meant (it was worded confusingly) and I didn't want to get my hopes up thinking it mean that podcasts now appear in the podcast menu on the iPod...but that is exactly what it means.  And it works!  Thanks.

Tolga

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #3 on: February 09, 2006, 09:38:50 pm »

3. New: Deleted Podcast episodes are shown as deleted and are not automatically downloaded a second time.
4. New: Deleted Podcast episodes can be unmarked as deleted by clicking on their Episode Status.
5. New: Manually requested Podcast episode downloads can be cancelled by clicking on their Episode Status.

Sweet. I love 3. Thanks !!! Great job.

For 4, a clearer indicator maybe need, but not sure what.
also, maybe you should be able to delete downloads in progress.

I wonder what happens to files deleted outside of MC. I haven't tested but I expect them to stay deleted.

sbsp2

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #4 on: February 09, 2006, 10:59:46 pm »

Does not work, just keeps on downloading.

bennyd

• Project Leader
« Reply #5 on: February 10, 2006, 03:21:59 am »

The playlist of my synced images is showing as playlist on my iPod in the Music playlists with nothing in it.
The playlist should not be shown on my iPod.
may U live 2 see the dawn

bennyd :-)

dpippel

• World Citizen
« Reply #6 on: February 10, 2006, 06:26:04 am »

22. NEW: Podcasts get listed under the Podcasts item on the iPod.

Thank you, thank you, thank you!

EDIT: I don't know if this is normal beahvior for the iPod or not, but after transferring podcasts to my 5G with .117, they now show up twice: once under Music -> Podcasts and again under Music -> Artists. It would be nice if the duplicity in the Music -> Artists list could be eliminated.

JimH

• Administrator
  • Where did I put my teeth?
« Reply #7 on: February 10, 2006, 07:12:56 am »

Discussion of how MC handles podcasts on the iPod is here:
http://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php?topic=31882.0

Marty3d

« Reply #8 on: February 10, 2006, 07:30:09 am »

Move files bug:
When using Library Tools > Move Disk File..., creating a new folder and giving it a name, the path in the top of the window still show "path\New Folder". You have to click on another folder and then click on the new folder to update the view.

JorgeGVB

• World Citizen
« Reply #9 on: February 10, 2006, 08:16:15 am »

"Date" field seems to change on it own.  Normally it is just the year "2006."  However, when you rip a cd or make changes to an existing file the "Date" field lists the whole date and time now "1/1/2006 12:00 AM."

lOth

« Reply #10 on: February 10, 2006, 08:40:21 am »

big problem on my iPod: I use playlists to sync and now all the playlists on my iPod are a repeat of the first song found in the corresponding playlist in MC.

Ex:

_ playlist in MC:
1. Lou Barlow - Legendary
2. Coldplay - Don't Panic
50. The Beatles - I want you

_ same playlist on my iPod:
2. Lou Barlow - Legendary
50. Lou Barlow - Legendary

lise

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #11 on: February 10, 2006, 09:27:59 am »

I get a crash with this version whenever I do the following:

Play Music files, go to Playing Now, right-click in display pane and select "set display".

The same behavior occurs when I send audio files, and then images, and then select "set Display".

I do not get a crash if I send multiple images only, and then select "set display" by right-clicking on Playing Now display pane.

I don't know if it's relevant, but the music files I send do not have cover art, and the display pane is set to view cover art.
A wise man once said don't count your years, but make your years count. Or was it beers?

BartMan01

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #12 on: February 10, 2006, 09:48:33 am »

big problem on my iPod: I use playlists to sync and now all the playlists on my iPod are a repeat of the first song found in the corresponding playlist in MC.

Had the same issue.  I reinitialized the iPod and re-synced and everything was fine.

Mark Stega

• Recent member
« Reply #13 on: February 10, 2006, 09:58:52 am »

I've reported a problem before regarding transfer of music to a Zen PMC with the tracks of an album all appearing at the album level in the PMC browser (for certain albums).

I finally narrowed it down to the album title:  If the album title contains a ":" character then the PMC displays all of the tracks of said album at the album level in the music browser.

Should MC be changing the album name and removing the ":" character (I manually substituted a "-" character using the tag edit feature) or is this a bug in the MC?

dcwebman

« Reply #14 on: February 10, 2006, 10:18:55 am »

I get a crash with this version whenever I do the following:

Play Music files, go to Playing Now, right-click in display pane and select "set display".

The same behavior occurs when I send audio files, and then images, and then select "set Display".

I do not get a crash if I send multiple images only, and then select "set display" by right-clicking on Playing Now display pane.

I don't know if it's relevant, but the music files I send do not have cover art, and the display pane is set to view cover art.
You beat me to it as I was just going to report it. In fact if you hover over "set display" without clicking it, there's problems. And my songs do have cover art and display it.
Jeff

lOth

« Reply #15 on: February 10, 2006, 10:23:41 am »

Had the same issue.  I reinitialized the iPod and re-synced and everything was fine.

well, I still think there must be an issue with 11.1.117 that needs being fixed because I reverted back to 11.1.116 and my playlists were fine again.
Or is it going to be necessary to (re)initialize iPods to work with MC 11.1.117 and above? I'm not sure which new feature broke the playlist sync.

ahbrown41

• World Citizen
  • Music is good
« Reply #16 on: February 10, 2006, 12:02:42 pm »

Great build!  Fixes many of my issues.

One thing I noticed.  When MC cleans up podcasts automatically it prompts to delete the now empty directory.  Can this be disabled for podcasts when they are automatically cleaned up?

Thanks!

BartMan01

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #17 on: February 10, 2006, 12:13:14 pm »

When MC cleans up podcasts automatically it prompts to delete the now empty directory.  Can this be disabled for podcasts when they are automatically cleaned up?

Just another opinion on this.  I use a third party program to manage my podcasts, and I would like MC to delete the folders when empty (my third part program will add them back as needed) for genre 'podcast' files.

lOth

« Reply #18 on: February 10, 2006, 12:28:02 pm »

eject at the OS level seems to be gone for me: as in earlier builds, after MC ejects the iPod it's still there in the "safely remove hardware" menu.

ahbrown41

• World Citizen
  • Music is good
« Reply #19 on: February 10, 2006, 12:37:08 pm »

Sorry if I was unclear.  I meant disable the message, delete the directory.

Thanks!

bennyd

• Project Leader
« Reply #20 on: February 10, 2006, 01:02:53 pm »

Ex:

_ playlist in MC:
2. Coldplay - Don't Panic
50. The Beatles - I want you

_ same playlist on my iPod:
2. Lou Barlow - Legendary
50. Lou Barlow - Legendary

same problem here
may U live 2 see the dawn

bennyd :-)

lalittle

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #21 on: February 10, 2006, 02:23:08 pm »

Thank you, thank you, thank you!

EDIT: I don't know if this is normal beahvior for the iPod or not, but after transferring podcasts to my 5G with .117, they now show up twice: once under Music -> Podcasts and again under Music -> Artists. It would be nice if the duplicity in the Music -> Artists list could be eliminated.

Perhaps I'm misunderstanding you, but isn't it better to be able to find the Podcasts in different ways -- i.e. seach by "Podcast" or search by "Artist"?

Larry

lOth

« Reply #22 on: February 10, 2006, 03:26:49 pm »

Perhaps I'm misunderstanding you, but isn't it better to be able to find the Podcasts in different ways -- i.e. seach by "Podcast" or search by "Artist"?

Larry

Already discussed there:
http://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php?topic=31882.0
Pages: [1]   Go Up