INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Winamp and MC on same system?  (Read 1220 times)

lalittle

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
Winamp and MC on same system?
« on: February 17, 2006, 06:51:25 am »

I'm trying to troubleshoot a couple issues I'm seeing with MC11.1.  In order to narrow down the culprit, I'd like to install Winamp so I can test a few specific situations with a different player than can handle Shoutcast streams.  Can I install the latest Winamp on my system that is currently running MC -- i.e. can they coexist on the same system, or do they interfere with each other.  I don't want to screw up my MC installation.

Thanks,

Larry

JimH

• Administrator
  • Where did I put my teeth?
Re: Winamp and MC on same system?
« Reply #1 on: February 17, 2006, 07:12:35 am »

There shouldn't be any problem with that.

LonWar

« Reply #2 on: February 17, 2006, 08:04:19 am »

There shouldn't be any problem with that.

I have Winamp and a few others on my system as well..... I have not run into any errors.
-

jkrzok

• World Citizen
  • Change this by choosing profile
« Reply #3 on: February 17, 2006, 09:37:40 am »

The only issue you may see is that Winamp will try to change the file associations on your computer when you install it. It wil try to become the 'default' program that will launch when you click on an mp3 file in Explorer or a 'Listen' link on the Shoutcast ste, for two examples.

When you install Winamp be sure to carefully read through what you're doing. At some point in the install process you'll be asked if you want to associate Winamp with these file types. Just say no and your pc will continue to behave the way it does now. You'll still be able to play these files in Winamp.

RoadKill

• Recent member
  • Change this by choosing profile
« Reply #4 on: February 18, 2006, 06:51:14 am »

The only issue you may see is that Winamp will try to change the file associations on your computer when you install it. It wil try to become the 'default' program that will launch when you click on an mp3 file in Explorer or a 'Listen' link on the Shoutcast ste, for two examples.

When you install Winamp be sure to carefully read through what you're doing. At some point in the install process you'll be asked if you want to associate Winamp with these file types. Just say no and your pc will continue to behave the way it does now. You'll still be able to play these files in Winamp.

Good point, that's about all you have to look out for.
Pages: [1]   Go Up