INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Weird Podcast behaviour  (Read 1326 times)

alanl

• Junior Woodchuck
Weird Podcast behaviour
« on: February 19, 2006, 04:05:17 pm »

I subscribe to dozen or so Podcasts through MC, each directory with several mp3 downloads.  I discovered today that some of these files won't play in MC, simply showing "Buffering..." in the MC window.

This happens for all files in certain directories, but all files in certain other directories will play.  I can see no difference between the files or directories.

All of the podcast files will play in Windows MP, and will synchronize with and play on my handheld.

I know for certain that one of these podcasts played in MC a week ago but will not do so now, so either something has changed in MC, or on my system.

I could understand it if one or two files were corrupted, but it just seems weird that it's all podcasts in a directory that won't play in MC, but will play elsewhere.

Yes, I've rebooted, and re-installed MC, and re-downloaded a couple of the offending podcasts, all to no avail.

Anyone else come across this?  Any suggestions?

-------------
Media Center Registered 11.1.123 -- C:\Program Files\J River\Media Center 11\

Microsoft Windows XP  Workstation 5.1 Service Pack 2 (Build 2600)
Intel Pentium 4 3397 MHz MMX / Memory: Total - 1047 MB, Free - 628 MB

Internet Explorer: 7.0.5296.0 / ComCtl32.dll: 5.82.2900 / Shlwapi.dll: 6.0.2900 / Shell32.dll: 6.0.2900 / wnaspi32.dll: 4.60 (1021) , ASPI for Win32 (95/NT) DLL, Copyright © 1989-1999 Adaptec, Inc. / Aspi32.sys: 4.60 (1021)

Ripping /   Drive Z: SONY    DVD RW DW-U54A    Mode:Normal  Type:Auto  Speed:Max
  Digital playback: Yes /  Use YADB: Yes /  Get cover art: No /  Calc replay gain: Yes /  Copy volume: 32767
  Eject after ripping: Yes /  Play sound after ripping: No 

Burning /  Drive Z: SONY     DVD RW DW-U54A     Addr: 0:0:0  Speed:16  MaxSpeed:16  BurnProof:Yes
  Test mode: No /  Eject after writing: Yes /  Direct decoding: Yes /  Write CD-Text: Yes
  Use playback settings: No /

dsevolve

• Recent member
  • nothing more to say...
Re: Weird Podcast behaviour
« Reply #1 on: March 06, 2006, 01:59:14 pm »

I was having the exact same problem.  Podcasts had worked in the past then suddenly some wouldn't.  Then I realized I had turned on the "Output Format" in the DSP and changed some settings from default.  I turned off Output Format and all the podcasts worked fine.  Can't tell you why (I'm sure someone here can) but try it.  Hopefully it will help.  Good luck

alanl

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #2 on: March 06, 2006, 04:21:29 pm »

That may have been it.  I did sort out the problem, by accident.  I did a clean re-install of MC, i.e. uninstall/re-install, for another reason and didn't see the problem again, so you're probably correct that I had some non-default setting that was screwing things.  At least it's not just me that has had the problem!

Alan

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
« Reply #3 on: March 06, 2006, 04:23:52 pm »

Thanks for reporting it.  It should be fixed in the next build.
Pages: [1]   Go Up