INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Accent on RokuSoundbridge  (Read 3255 times)

Drobs

• Recent member
Accent on RokuSoundbridge
« on: February 25, 2006, 07:36:51 am »

Hi,

Is any one who have encountered any problem with accent in the name of song displayed on Roku Soundbridge? I tried to switch on or off the option Filter International Characters but with no effect. I am still unable to see the correct name of my french songs that contains some accents like é, è, à, ù.

Help would be much appreciated,

Thank you in advance

Didier

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
Re: Accent on RokuSoundbridge
« Reply #1 on: February 25, 2006, 07:41:01 am »

Welcome Didier.  What version of MC do you have?  You can copy your System Info from MC Help and paste it here.

Drobs

• Recent member
« Reply #2 on: February 26, 2006, 05:12:44 am »

Hi,

Please find the required information below:

Media Center 11.1.121 -- C:\Program Files\J River\Media Center 11\

Microsoft Windows XP  Workstation 5.1 Service Pack 2 (Build 2600)
Intel Unknown 595 MHz MMX / Memory: Total - 1047 MB, Free - 733 MB

Internet Explorer: 6.0.2900.2180 / ComCtl32.dll: 5.82.2900 / Shlwapi.dll: 6.0.2900 / Shell32.dll: 6.0.2900 / wnaspi32.dll: N/A
Ripping /   Drive D:   Mode:Normal  Type:Auto  Speed:Max
  Drive E:   Mode:Normal  Type:Auto  Speed:Max
  Digital playback: Yes /  Use YADB: Yes /  Get cover art: No /  Calc replay gain: Yes /  Copy volume: 32767
  Eject after ripping: Yes /  Play sound after ripping: No 

Burning /  Drive D: SAMSUNG  CDRW/DVD SN-324S   Addr: 1:0:0  Speed:24  MaxSpeed:24  BurnProof:Yes
  Test mode: No /  Eject after writing: Yes /  Direct decoding: Yes /  Write CD-Text: Yes
  Use playback settings: No /

Thank you in advance

Myron

• World Citizen
« Reply #3 on: February 26, 2006, 07:38:08 am »

Hi,

Is any one who have encountered any problem with accent in the name of song displayed on Roku Soundbridge? I tried to switch on or off the option Filter International Characters but with no effect. I am still unable to see the correct name of my french songs that contains some accents like é, è, à, ù.

Help would be much appreciated,

Thank you in advance

Didier

I've noticed the same thing on My M500 with MC 11.0.309.  The M1000 and M2000 have different displays.  Don't know if they handle these characters any differently.

Drobs

• Recent member
« Reply #4 on: February 26, 2006, 08:38:45 am »

This problem occurs on Roku Soundbrigde M1000... but only with Jr Media Center. When I am using Microsoft Media Center (I know, this is a terrible weekness  :)) the display is correct. So the problem is not on the Roku or on my songs' tags but probably on the way MC11 sent songs' information to the Roku....

Any idea?

Cheers

Didier

John Gateley

• Nice haircut
« Reply #5 on: February 27, 2006, 12:25:22 pm »

Hi Didier,

Do you know what character set you are using? My Roku isn't working well so I haven't been able to test much, but I'm looking at this.

j

Drobs

• Recent member
« Reply #6 on: February 27, 2006, 02:00:33 pm »

Hi John,

No. I don't know this. But tell me  how check this and I will be glad to give you this information. I only know that this problem is, at least, occuring with the french extended characters like é, è, à, ù ...

Regards,

Didier

Drobs

• Recent member
« Reply #7 on: March 31, 2006, 10:57:37 am »

Hi,

Is it possible to reset the test period in order to try MC a bit more? I was waiting for an answer to my issue before continuing my tests and see if I purchase a license number. I saw that a new version of the Upnp server has been released now and I would like to test this new release... but my test period has expired...
Could you please help me?

Regards,

Didier

sapnho

• Galactic Citizen
  • Leave a legacy
« Reply #8 on: May 06, 2006, 04:19:03 am »

Has any solution been found for the international character problem with the Roku?

I have the M1000, the latest MC but still the same problem. With all the programming genius that you have at JRiver, this should be a piece of cake to fix for you guys ;)

Thanks in advance!

Wolf

JimH

• Administrator
  • Where did I put my teeth?
« Reply #9 on: May 06, 2006, 07:19:20 am »

What is the original file type?  MP3?
Pages: [1]   Go Up