INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: iPod Alarm: Works with iTunes, but not MC  (Read 1185 times)

JadeSaphire

iPod Alarm: Works with iTunes, but not MC
« on: March 07, 2006, 08:06:54 am »

Hi,

I have an iPod Video and the alarm does not work properly.

I've done some experimenting and it works fine if I use iTunes. The alarm however does not work properly with MC 11.1.

With MC 11.1 if I set the alarm to play a playlist, at the alloted time, the ipod switches on, but it does not play any music. Setting it to beep works fine.

I've tried a variety of things, including uninstalling iTunes and Restoring the ipod via ipod updater and then initialising the ipod via MC, but no luck.

However, the following does work... Sync with MC11.1 (selected playlists only), then manually load a song with iTunes. Eject and the alarm works as it should! Of course, next time I sync with MC, the alarm stops functioning properly.

This leads me to believe the issue is with MC, and not iTunes nor my iPod.

b.t.w. I've read the iLounge threads, I've searched for "ipod alarm" in this thread, but with no luck. I've tried ejecting via MC, iTunes and "Safely remove hardware" but with no difference in results.

Please help... I crave waking to the sounds of my ipod, but don't want to load a song via iTunes after every MC sync.

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
Re: iPod Alarm: Works with iTunes, but not MC
« Reply #1 on: March 07, 2006, 08:08:17 am »

Search for user gany's posts here.  I think he discovered a work-around.  We'll take a look at it.

JadeSaphire

Re: iPod Alarm: Works with iTunes, but not MC
« Reply #2 on: March 07, 2006, 09:03:04 am »

Hi Jim,

Thanks for the prompt response. I searched specifically for comments by gamy and came up with his latest work around. I tried it again, and the work around does work. So long as I eject via iTunes, the alarm works. AEjecting via "Safely Remove Hardware" doesn't (strange, huh).

I look forward to a time when the work around won't be necessary.
Pages: [1]   Go Up