INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Thanks To YADB Submitters  (Read 1928 times)

John Gateley

• Citizen of the Universe
  • Nice haircut
Thanks To YADB Submitters
« on: January 14, 2006, 11:15:55 pm »

Hi Y'all,

I just bought a CD today, Morningwood. It's release date was Jan 10th I think, so it's just a few days old. Imagine my surprise when I got home, stuck it in MC, and found out someone had already added it (without typos).

So, a huge thanks to all of y'all who take the time to submit to YADB, it is greatly appreciated.

j

TimB

Re: Thanks To YADB Submitters
« Reply #1 on: January 15, 2006, 12:41:34 am »

Great to see that although I've been retired from YADB maintenance for awhile I'm still doing well on the leaderboard. ;)

Tho' I can't take credit for Morningwood. :)

-=Tim=-
Boy do I LOVE Media Center!!!

zxsix

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #2 on: January 15, 2006, 10:12:49 am »

How does the leaderboard know which one of us made the submissions?  Meaning how does the YADB submissions get matched up with our forum username?
Is this all users that submit to YADB or is it specific YADB moderators?

John Gateley

• Nice haircut
« Reply #3 on: January 15, 2006, 11:21:49 pm »

The leaderboard is about corrections, not submissions. There isn't anything in place for submissions.

j (Hi Tim)

Irockmecca

• Recent member
  • Change this by choosing profile
« Reply #4 on: March 08, 2006, 04:12:51 pm »

Is YADB working?  I havent been able to connect for a few days now...

aatreya

• World Citizen
« Reply #5 on: March 08, 2006, 05:21:33 pm »

I hope I'm just missing something, but what's the advantage of YADB over some other database, like freedb?  Is it supposedly more comprehensive or accurate or something?  In my experience it's often the opposite, which is why i'm wondering.

michel

« Reply #6 on: March 09, 2006, 05:35:51 am »

I hope I'm just missing something, but what's the advantage of YADB over some other database, like freedb?  Is it supposedly more comprehensive or accurate or something?  In my experience it's often the opposite, which is why i'm wondering.

< ------ part of the post deleted by the moderator ------- >

YADB started from a copy of freedb but this copy became a proprietary db since you need MC to access it (is it a legal use of GPL licence ? I don't know and it is not my problem).

It is supposed to be better than freedb but I am not convinced at all as I have to swith often to foobar in order to be able to use freedb to tag my rips. But may be that is relative to the fact I rip mainly non-english CD. I contributed a few weeks as a YADB corrector but I never submitted anything to YADB.

< ------ other part of the post deleted by the moderator ------- >

I think this way we can conciliate both your right to moderate the forum as you want and the minimal courtesy to notify the readers (and the author) that is no more the original post. Another "correct" solution would be to delete the full post (without any notification to the forum if you want but at least one to the author).

Pages: [1]   Go Up