INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Media Center 11.1.151  (Read 3852 times)

Matt

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Shoes gone again!
Media Center 11.1.151
« on: March 22, 2006, 12:38:16 pm »

This is the latest version of MC 11.1.  Your MC11.0 license will work with it.  Please post bugs here.  Please start a new thread for anything requiring discussion.  Non-bug posts will be deleted or moved.

PRICES for MC11.0 and 11.1 are here: http://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php?board=3;action=display;threadid=23311

This latest build of MC11.1 is here:
ftp://ftp.jriver.com/pub/downloads/music/MediaCenter111151.exe

11.1.151 (3/22/2006)

1. Fixed: Some shortcuts (Ctrl+Left, Ctrl+Right, etc.) no longer get translated globally while IE or a C# interface plugin has the focus.
2. Fixed: Numbers with labels (i.e. 4 minutes remaining) would not show properly in some places.
3. Changed: Made each page of a library view have its own settings for thumbnail size, sorting, etc.
4. Changed: Further revisions to how showing files below library groupings works.
5. Changed: Optional deletion of files not in a sync for a handheld will only delete "supported" file types.
6. Changed: Double-clicking on a grouping tile in a library view goes into the next level. (use the "Play" link or right-click to play)
7. Changed: For translation, phrases ending with a colon no longer require the colon to be translated. (so URL and URL: aren't two entries in the language file)

11.1.150 (3/19/2006)

1. NEW: Added read and write support for the disc number field on the iPod.
2. Fixed: An interface plugin that failed to load could cause an endless loop of error dialogs when trying to uninstall it.
3. New: Dvico FusionHDTV 5 USB and other bda digital TV devices can record TV show to disk. Windows XP SP1 required! This is still work in progress.
4. Changed: When switching from an analog TV channel to a digital TV channel, the analog device is freed before the digital device is initialized, and vice versa. This may solve some of the stability problems recently reported.
5. Fixed: Starting playback of ASF audio streams could lock up the MC GUI for several seconds.
6. Changed: The Podcast web browser now remembers its place (for 10 minutes) when you navigate to another window and then return.
7. NEW: Perbcast RSS feed files are now usable as one-click *.pcast subscriptions.
8. Changed: Mime type audio/ape and audio/x-ape now identify APE format files.
9. NEW: Added the ability to easily select thumbnail size and spacing from the "Top" and "Bottom" menus at the top of a library view.
10. Changed: Revised how the "files at bottom" system works for library views.
11. Fixed: Some shortcuts (Ctrl+C, Ctrl+Z, etc.) no longer get translated globally while IE or a C# interface plugin has the focus.
12. Changed: Dragging a splitter locked to a side now unlocks it.
13. Changed: At the beginning of an import from an external Explorer using the shell extensions, Media Center will bring itself to the foreground.

11.1.149 (3/20/2006)

1. Fixed: Going back a level in a library view wouldn't properly restore the scroll and selection.
2. Changed: Dvd is now capitalized in the right-click display menu.
3. Changed: Showing library view groupings as stacks is now optional. (Options drop menu at the top right of the view)
4. Changed: "Saving tag changes" and "Done saving tag changes" status bar text can now be translated.
5. Fixed: Using DirectSound output, the last portion of the last song in a playlist could loop a little before stopping.
6. Changed: The selection color of a library tile wouldn't change when the list got or lost the focus.
7. Fixed: Thumbnail / tile lists wouldn't behave nicely when very large spacing values were used. (redraw issues, etc.)
8. Fixed: Thumbnail lists with only one column would not render properly.
9. Fixed: The player area could draw without a menu, search box, or media buttons in some cases. (hopefully fixed -- couldn't easily reproduce)
10. Changed: TV will no longer get stuck at "Select a country and TV tuner input type" dialog when the driver returns an empty list of supported video standards.
11. Changed: Library Manager will allow changing location for remote libraries.
12. Changed: Podcast Tag dialog is now more consistent in its use of the <DEFAULT> keyword.
13. Fixed: Perbcast server omitted the "xmlns" keyword.  This made Perbcast XML "poorly formed".

11.1.148 (3/17/2006)

1. Fixed: MC plays ASX streams served up with an asp extension.
2. Optimized: Reworked drop-shadow engine to work much faster with images with no transparency. (like thumbnails)
3. Optimized: Several group-style thumbnail list optimizations. (should be 2x-3x faster than previous builds)
4. Changed: Added configuration menu items to the right-click menu for playback displays. (DVD, Video, TV, Images, etc.)
5. Fixed: Media Scheduler "Next scheduled task" time could be wrong when multiple periodic tasks exist.
6. New: Added a dialog (under Podcast Options) to configure Podcast Tag and File renaming for all feeds.
7. New: Added another dialog (under Feed Properties) to configure Podcast Tag and File renaming overrides for that feed.
8. Fixed: CD labeler wasn't always obeying the state of the "include artist in track list" option.
9. Changed: Merged thumbnail and grouping-style list modes so that text, spacing, sizing, etc. is fully customizable for grouping thumbnails.
10. Changed: Updated the German translation file. (thanks ByteStar)

11.1.147 (3/16/2006)

1. Changed: Folders with only a Folder.jpg in them are no longer considered empty.
2. Fixed: When the "Automatically Import Files into Media Center" flag was set, Podcast media URLs were imported into the library.
3. Fixed: When Podcast media URLs were inserted in the library, it was not possible to manually download them.
4. Fixed: In the Podcast Feed windows, the Podcast ICON was resized to fill the window when you selected any Podcast episode.
5. Fixed: EXIF tags with circular links in them could cause a crash.
6. Fixed: The FLAC input plugin not properly supported, causing files to be set to zero length. (introduced in build 146)
7. Optimized: Several speed and memory optimization to grouping-style thumbnail lists.
8. Optimized: Improved drawing speed of core rendering engine used everywhere.
9. Fixed: Multiple bugs in the CD labeling program including a problem where the first preview worked, but nothing appeared on the second.

New Features in MC 11.1
Podcasting support, with OneClick Podcast subscription
Audible fully supported
Much improved handheld support for iPod, PlayforSure devices, and many others
User-configurable locations for media types on handhelds
iPod Shuffle and Nano support
Photos and album art on iPods that support it
Automatic backup of library
Directshow support for AAC files
Much faster handling of thumbnail images (requires one-time rebuild of thumbnails)
Integrated library and library browser system
Support for Dvico's FusionHDTV 5 USB
Improved translation system and several new languages
Perfectly gapless MP3 playback (when files were encoded with a recent version of LAME)
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

LonWar

Re: Media Center 11.1.151
« Reply #1 on: March 22, 2006, 01:01:57 pm »

Lookin good...

If you have Genres, Artist and Album in a view.

If you are showing the first, then in the details section it says:  All Files
Click on a Genre and it says : Rock Files
Click An Artist and it says : Out Of Your Mouth Files

If I double click a Cover art, it says Displaying all files, Instead of saying :  Out Of Your Mouth Files.

-

Matt

• Administrator
  • Shoes gone again!
« Reply #2 on: March 22, 2006, 01:14:18 pm »

If nothing is selected in the list above, it will say "All Files"

LonWar

« Reply #3 on: March 22, 2006, 01:41:57 pm »

If nothing is selected in the list above, it will say "All Files"

So if I choose Billy Talent, and highlite something, It says Bill Talent Files; If I click anywere else, it will say all files.

This seems a little odd to me, If it is only displaying Bill Talent, then it should say Bill Talent Files...

Also, If you choose CLOSE, it removes the detail pane, but under options it still shows checked.... You have to uncheck it, then re check it for it to appear
-

bytestar

• MC Beta Team
  • Alpha/Betatester
« Reply #4 on: March 22, 2006, 01:49:03 pm »

The new Translation System is very good  :)

Official Microsoft © product tester.
Download the latest language file https://1drv.ms/u/s!AnQ3L_bTnnzv4otXL9-G4rUj9wX6Tw?e=TLGgjb (is constantly updated)

LonWar

« Reply #5 on: March 22, 2006, 02:17:15 pm »

If you change the Spacing ot thumnail size and select save this view for all locations, then you select a album thumnail, the thumnail size isn't carried over.

I understand this was done so people could have different sizes per Genre/Album/Artist, but there needs to be a way to globally change a view.

Thanks,
-

glynor

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #6 on: March 22, 2006, 02:43:52 pm »

6. Changed: Double-clicking on a grouping tile in a library view goes into the next level. (use the "Play" link or right-click to play)

Thank you VERY much.  This is the single most common complaint I hear from "un-MC-educated users" that try to use my system.  People expect the double-click action to open "folders" and show their contents from their previous experience with the Windows OS and other applications, and this translates to this type of use.
"Some cultures are defined by their relationship to cheese."

Visit me on the Interweb Thingie: http://glynor.com/

Matt

• Administrator
  • Shoes gone again!
« Reply #7 on: March 22, 2006, 02:59:45 pm »

Also, If you choose CLOSE, it removes the detail pane, but under options it still shows checked.... You have to uncheck it, then re check it for it to appear

The option is to always show the file list.  It's off by default.

Click "Files" to show files.

marko

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #8 on: March 22, 2006, 03:29:28 pm »

with perbcast server running, switching views can be very slow, especially when moving, via clicks on the tree, from perbcast server > playing now (display is set to show cover art)

is this normal to see in the perbcast output window?

03/22/06 21:18:11 - Broadcasting !testcast
03/22/06 21:18:14 - Stopping Broadcast of !testcast
03/22/06 21:18:14 - Broadcasting !testcast
03/22/06 21:18:21 - Stopping Broadcast of !testcast
03/22/06 21:18:21 - Broadcasting !testcast
03/22/06 21:18:23 - Stopping Broadcast of !testcast
03/22/06 21:18:23 - Broadcasting !testcast
03/22/06 21:18:54 - Stopping Broadcast of !testcast
03/22/06 21:18:54 - Broadcasting !testcast
03/22/06 21:18:56 - Stopping Broadcast of !testcast
03/22/06 21:18:56 - Broadcasting !testcast
03/22/06 21:19:00 - Stopping Broadcast of !testcast
03/22/06 21:19:00 - Broadcasting !testcast
03/22/06 21:19:02 - Stopping Broadcast of !testcast
03/22/06 21:19:02 - Broadcasting !testcast
03/22/06 21:22:23 - Stopping Broadcast of !testcast
03/22/06 21:22:23 - Broadcasting !testcast
03/22/06 21:22:25 - Stopping Broadcast of !testcast
03/22/06 21:22:25 - Broadcasting !testcast
03/22/06 21:23:00 - Stopping Broadcast of !testcast
03/22/06 21:23:00 - Broadcasting !testcast
03/22/06 21:23:02 - Stopping Broadcast of !testcast
03/22/06 21:23:02 - Broadcasting !testcast

Recently, sync'ing my ipod has caused MC to hang (become unresponsive). I'm having little success reproducing at will, but it is a pretty regular occurrence. After end-tasking MC the last time, I grabbed the previous log file....

<snip>

0205234: Handheld: CPortableDriveIpod::SaveiTunesDB: Getting and creating folder
0205234: Handheld: CPortableDriveIpod::SaveiTunesDB: Opening file: T:\iPod_Control\iTunes\iTunesDB
0205234: Handheld: CPortableDriveIpod::SaveiTunesDB: Saving data
0205953: Handheld: CPortableDriveIpod::SaveiTunesDB: Cleaning up
0206000: Handheld: CPortableDriveIpod::SaveiTunesDB: Safe replacing file
0206078: Handheld: CPortableDriveIpod::SaveiTunesDB: Saving artwork
0206078: Handheld: CMHFD::Save: Start
0206078: Handheld: CMHFD::Save: Getting and creating folder
0206078: Handheld: CMHFD::Save: Opening file: T:\iPod_Control\Artwork\ArtworkDB
0206093: Handheld: CMHFD::Save: Saving data
0206390: Handheld: CMHFD::Save: Cleaning up
0206500: Handheld: CMHFD::Save: Finish (422 ms)
0206500: Handheld: CPortableDriveIpod::SaveiTunesDB: Saving photos
0206500: Handheld: CMHFD::Save: Start
0206500: Handheld: CMHFD::Save: Getting and creating folder
0206500: Handheld: CMHFD::Save: Opening file: T:\Photos\Photo Database
0206515: Handheld: CMHFD::Save: Saving data
0206515: Handheld: CMHFD::Save: Cleaning up
0206640: Handheld: CMHFD::Save: Finish (140 ms)
0206640: Handheld: CPortableDriveIpod::SaveiTunesDB: Finish (1406 ms)
0206640: Handheld: CHHPluginThread::Thread Message Processing: Finish (3937 ms)
0206687: Handheld: CHHPluginThread::ProcessCommand: Finish (3984 ms)
0206687: Handheld: CHHPluginThread::GetMemoryInfo: Start
0206703: Handheld: CHHPluginThread::Thread Message Processing: Start
0206703: Handheld: CHHPluginThread::Thread Message Processing: Type: 0, Function: 1
0206703: Handheld: CHHPluginThread::Thread Message Processing: Finish (0 ms)
0206750: Handheld: CHHPluginThread::GetMemoryInfo: Finish (63 ms)
0206797: Handheld: CHHPluginThread::ProcessCommand: Start
0211890: Handheld: CHHPluginThread::Thread Message Processing: Start
0211890: Handheld: CHHPluginThread::Thread Message Processing: Type: 0, Function: 2
checking the ipod shows all music still there and playable, but no playlists. reconnecting and resync'ing usually works out fine.

-marko.

marko

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #9 on: March 22, 2006, 03:45:01 pm »

hmmm..
the last entry in the perbcast server output window...

03/22/06 21:23:02 - Stopping Broadcast of !testcast
03/22/06 21:23:02 - Broadcasting !testcast

but the broadcast is not shown in the online list.
restarting the server rectifies that.
What part of debug logging will catch perbcast stuff...
'sharing plugins'?

Mr ChriZ

• :-D
« Reply #10 on: March 22, 2006, 03:53:14 pm »

1. Fixed: Some shortcuts (Ctrl+Left, Ctrl+Right, etc.) no longer get translated globally while IE or a C# interface plugin has the focus.

Gracias!

tcman41

• Sound Surfing!
« Reply #11 on: March 22, 2006, 04:00:32 pm »

3. Changed: Made each page of a library view have its own settings for thumbnail size, sorting, etc.

There still seems to be a lot of bugs in this, i change the thumbnail size for one view, hit save at this location, yet the thumbs in the other views are changed to the same size.

Album thumbnails appear to be saved at individual views but details aren't. Change one view to detail, hit save a this location and they all change.

The one thing that does appear to be sticking for individual views are the column headers, but as far as thumbnail size, details or thumbnails, they are still problems.

TC

rpalmer68

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #12 on: March 22, 2006, 04:14:45 pm »

Recently I started to have problems with MC crashing with an application error.

I have just located what is causing the crash.

I use girder to control my HTPC and part of the power down process is to stop all my MC zones.

I have 3 zones so send the following to MC to stop them.

MC11.EXE /MCC 10002,16777216
MC11.EXE /MCC 10002,33554432
MC11.EXE /MCC 10002,50331648

This has been working fine, but a few weeks ago I uninstalled and re-installed MC and after this MC started crashing, not every time I sent the power down comand to girder but enought for it to be a problem.

What I hadn't done was add in Zones 1 & 2.

So I think there may be an issue if sending MC11.EXE commands to zones that aren't configured.

Regards
Richard

Matt

• Administrator
  • Shoes gone again!
« Reply #13 on: March 22, 2006, 04:19:25 pm »

So I think there may be an issue if sending MC11.EXE commands to zones that aren't configured.

I can't reproduce this.  MC should properly handle an invalid zone index. (it will simply ignore the command)

JONCAT

« Reply #14 on: March 22, 2006, 05:47:14 pm »

1. I have some networked files that don't show Replay Gain info on the laptop but do show the RG on the PC where they are stored.

2. Love the new customizations (double-click into Tiles is awesome!) but the "Always show files at bottom" is now buried in the drop down menu and the tabs don't minmize the file window at bottom (the view needs to be refreshed after unchecking this option for the list to disappear), nor do the tabs appear at bottom by default; we can no longer max & min the file list at will w/ tabs?

3. With all the customizations lately, anychance of user being able to define the text size of Tiles seperately from other fonts? e.g. Seperate sizes for  Display, Tag Field, & Tile fonts? Maybe even choice of different fonts for each?

thank you
Dr. C

avpman

• Galactic Citizen
  • Dad to three beatuiful Boxers by rescue.
« Reply #15 on: March 22, 2006, 06:44:31 pm »

Dude - you guys rock!!

lalittle

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #16 on: March 22, 2006, 08:21:21 pm »

Audible playback bugs:

If an audible track is allowed to "finish," at which point it jumps to the next track, the first track will not play the next time I attempt to play it.  I'll either get an error message saying that it was unable to play the file, and to check to make sure the path is correct (which of course it is), or it will just jump to the next track and give me the little exclamation icon next to the track.

I did a lot of troubleshooting to narrow down the source of the problem, including deleting the file from the library and re-importing it, re-downloading the file from Audible, and fully uninstalling and re-installing MC (both 151 and earlier versions.)  The problem persisted -- each time I attempted to play the file, it would say "buffering" for a little while, then give me the error message or simply jump to the next track.

I finally discoverd that if I moved the position slider while it still said "buffering" (before the error or the jump to the next track) the file would play again.  There seems to be a bug where MC gets confused about the current bookmark position if the file is allowed to "end."  By moving the slider before the error occurs, playback can be restored.

On a related note, I've also found that the time counter will sometimes not reflect the true time of the Audible file.  If I start a file, jump to another one, then return to the first, the counter will start counting from 0:00 even though this is NOT the current position.  Moving the slider a bit corrects the discrepency.

Larry

lalittle

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #17 on: March 22, 2006, 08:44:48 pm »

Audible site problems:

The problems with using the Audible site (reported in previous version threads) are still present.  Namely:

1) Logging out causes an "Opening page/Done" loop that doesn't stop until navigating away from and back to the "Audible" branch of the tree.

2) The "Cart" and "Next Listen" lists do not get updated when adding/removing books.  They "appear" to update at first, but when navigating away from and returning to these pages, they revert to their previous states -- i.e. a book that I just added is no longer there.  An interesting side note is that the lists DO remember the changes the next time MC is closed and opened.

For example, I add a book to the cart, at which time the page switches to the cart page and shows the book added.  I navigate to some other page of the Audible site, and when I navigate BACK to the cart, the book is now gone.  If I close MC and open it again, the book now shows up in the cart.

Note that I've now seen this behavior on 3 different systems, and this does NOT happen if I use IExplorer to navigate the Audible site.

Thanks,

Larry

JimH

• Administrator
  • Where did I put my teeth?
« Reply #18 on: March 22, 2006, 08:46:14 pm »

Audible site problems:

The problems with using the Audible site (reported in previous version threads) are still present.  Namely:

1) Logging out causes an "Opening page/Done" loop that doesn't stop until navigating away from and back to the "Audible" branch of the tree.
Larry,
That could be an Audible problem.  Try deleting the cookie for Audible.

lalittle

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #19 on: March 22, 2006, 09:15:01 pm »

Larry,
That could be an Audible problem.  Try deleting the cookie for Audible.

I tried deleting ALL my cookies, but this issues remained.  I even deleted my ENTIRE Temporary Internet Files cache (i.e. the whole "index.dat deletion process where you have to log on as a different user) but it did not effect this issue.  I also tried shutting down my firewall, and completely uninstalling/reinstalling MC.

I think that the two important clues in this are 1) the issues do not happen if I use IExplorer instead of MC to navigate the Audible site, and 2) I am now seeing the exact same issues on 3 entirely different systems.  This seems to point to MC as at least "part" of the culprit.  If I use MC to navigate the Audible site, the log off process is funky, and the cart does not update until I close and open MC.  (Note that I have to close Media Server as well to get it to update.)

Thanks again for any help with this,

Larry

datdude

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #20 on: March 22, 2006, 09:20:09 pm »

This isn't a bug post so feel free to remove it if you like.

The custom settings for each view page ROCKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ;D
"You are not a beautiful or unique snowflake." -  Just a very big snowball

park

• MC Beta Team
  • I wish I had more to say!
« Reply #21 on: March 22, 2006, 09:22:47 pm »

Click into one of the genres and sorting of the bottom views doesnt seem to change anything. The albums get sorted by according the the order of the tiles in the top view.

datdude

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #22 on: March 22, 2006, 09:32:06 pm »

I'm now noticing that the save for all similar locations under this scheme and for all similar locations is not being applied.
"You are not a beautiful or unique snowflake." -  Just a very big snowball
Pages: [1]   Go Up