INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Media Center 11.1.155  (Read 2982 times)

Gene

• Recent member
  • Mountains Speak to Me
Media Center 11.1.155
« on: March 27, 2006, 08:04:16 pm »

This is the latest version of MC 11.1.  Your MC11.0 license will work with it.  Please post bugs here.  Please start a new thread for anything requiring discussion.  Non-bug posts will be deleted or moved.

PRICES for MC11.0 and 11.1 are here: http://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php?board=3;action=display;threadid=23311

This latest build of MC11.1 is here:
ftp://ftp.jriver.com/pub/downloads/music/MediaCenter111155.exe

11.1.155 (3/27/2006)

1. Changed: Improved how view headers look when skin effects are applied. (i.e. negative, old fashinoned, etc.)
2. Fixed: When showing a file list below tiles, it could appear not scrolled to the top.
3. Changed: When searching in a library view, all files for the view scheme are searched. (instead of combining panes / grouping filters with the search)
4. Changed: In Library views, the optional alphabet will only appear when there are 10 or more items in the list.
5. Changed: Auto-import on playback in options no longer applies to remote files. (http://, etc.)
6. Changed: Using the tree to navigate the library would reset that view scheme back to "Panes" on the next visit.
7.  New: MC creates thumbnails for Quicktime video (e.g. .MOV) (Requires Quicktime installation).
8. Fixed: The UPnP Server is smarter about ports, working better with clients unable to cope with port changes.
9. Fixed: The UPnP Server would not handle byte ranges longer than the file.
10. Fixed: The UPnP Server was providing the wrong content length header for byte ranges.
11. Fixed: MC crashed in split view when you opened two Podcast browsers.
12. Fixed: Podcast browsers headers were sometimes inconsistent with the Favorites list.
13. Fixed: Podcast browser one-click subscriptions downloaded one episode by default. (Zero is correct)
14. Fixed: Podcast browser one-click subscriptions were sometimes lost after shutdown/restart.
15. Fixed: Perbcasts and Podcasts did not properly recognize the *.mov extension.

11.1.154 (3/26/2006)

1. Fixed: The "Options" drop menu in Panes view was empty.
2. Changed: Removed the "Save View" option in Customize Current View. (too ambiguous and not too useful with newer library view system)
3. Changed: When switching library views to Genres, Artists, etc., the list will get the keyboard focus so Ctrl+A, left, right, etc. work without a click.
4. Changed: The optional alphabet above library views is now translatable.
5. Changed: Removed option to show bi-directional links under library tiles. (creates confusing link circles)
6. Changed: View header windows grey-out when they aren't the current view in a split view configuration.
7. Fixed: The UPnP Server omitted the content type header in the device description.
8. Changed: Further revision to how showing files at the bottom of a library view works. (pick "Always Show Files" in bottom file list Options menu to keep the list visible)
9. Changed: Updated the German translation file. (thanks ByteStar)

11.1.153 (3/23/2006)

1. Fixed: Transitions in library tiles wouldn't look correct.
2. Fixed: Options > CD > Media Insert > Audio CD Action wasn't working properly.
3. Fixed: The library files header bar would be too tall if "Show Alphabet" was selected.
4. Changed: List right-click > Customize Current View replaced by "View" menu.
5. Changed: View headers for Playlists, Podcasts, Handhelds, etc. reworked to look and work more like library view header.
6. NEW: Added forward / back buttons to all headers.
7. Fixed: Problem logging out in Audible Service.
8. Fixed: Podcast one-click subscription sometimes was not working.
9. Fixed: Additional Mime-types were added to the Perbcast table.
10. Changed: Podcast one-click subscriptions now subscribe immediately w/o a Subscribe dialog.

11.1.152 (3/22/2006)

1. Fixed: Audio analysis of certain files could cause a hang at the end of the file.
2. Changed: Improved handling of long multi-line thumbnail captions in library grouping views.
3. Fixed: In rare cases, library grouping views could crash.
4. Fixed: In "Panes" view, the Options drop menu was empty.
5. Changed: Launching the program while Media Server is running wouldn't properly honor the startup view settings.
6. Fixed: Deleting a playlist while PerbCasting it could cause a crash.
7. Fixed: PerbCasts had an incomplete/inconsistent Mime-type/Extension/Media-type table.

11.1.151 (3/22/2006)

1. Fixed: Some shortcuts (Ctrl+Left, Ctrl+Right, etc.) no longer get translated globally while IE or a C# interface plugin has the focus.
2. Fixed: Numbers with labels (i.e. 4 minutes remaining) would not show properly in some places.
3. Changed: Made each page of a library view have its own settings for thumbnail size, sorting, etc.
4. Changed: Further revisions to how showing files below library groupings works.
5. Changed: Optional deletion of files not in a sync for a handheld will only delete "supported" file types.
6. Changed: Double-clicking on a grouping tile in a library view goes into the next level. (use the "Play" link or right-click to play)
7. Changed: For translation, phrases ending with a colon no longer require the colon to be translated. (so URL and URL: aren't two entries in the language file)

New Features in MC 11.1
Podcasting support, with OneClick Podcast subscription
Audible fully supported
Much improved handheld support for iPod, PlayforSure devices, and many others
User-configurable locations for media types on handhelds
iPod Shuffle and Nano support
Photos and album art on iPods that support it
Automatic backup of library
Directshow support for AAC files
Much faster handling of thumbnail images (requires one-time rebuild of thumbnails)
Integrated library and library browser system
Support for Dvico's FusionHDTV 5 USB
Improved translation system and several new languages
Perfectly gapless MP3 playback (when files were encoded with a recent version of LAME)
New thumbnail size slider bar

lalittle

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
Re: Media Center 11.1.155
« Reply #1 on: March 27, 2006, 09:22:37 pm »

Podcast feeds are still not appearing over Media Server.  The only podcasts that show up are the actual "downloads" -- the list of feeds on the server do not appear on the client system.

Larry

lalittle

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #2 on: March 27, 2006, 09:26:57 pm »

The Audible playback issues remain -- i.e:

1) An Audible file that is allowed to "finish" cannot be played again until the position slider is moved while MC is "trying" to start playing thsi file.

2) The time counter for Audible files will sometimes start at "0:00" even though the track starts playing at a bookmark a ways into the track.  In other words, even thought the track starts at the bookmarked position, the time counter starts at 0:00, which is not the correct time.   For more information on these issues, please see this post:

http://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php?topic=32830.msg224918#msg224918

Thanks,

Larry

jgreen

« Reply #3 on: March 27, 2006, 09:57:44 pm »

The top border-thingies look great in Aruba negative--thanks!

I'm still thinking that the active border highlight and the active track highlight ought to be locked together.  Switching views via the top thing does not affect the track highlight, so that tag info, for example, will switch to the non-highlighted track.  This is confusing.

Pink Waters

• Finally I understand the feelings of the few
« Reply #4 on: March 27, 2006, 11:05:52 pm »

in the option drop list in library view, the space slider modifies size of thumbnails too

when i was trying to paste coverarts for movie files, I noticed that it saves them to the cover art directory in a form like that : - 14_10_2005 .. and that made some overwrite eachothers

another thing which i noticed:
I have 2 movie parts for 1 film, with the same cover art, and have the main film name under the field "Comment" , when i browsed it in the library browser with thumbnails it showed me 2 stacks !!
Tamer

Dutch Peter

• Carpe Diem
« Reply #5 on: March 27, 2006, 11:51:33 pm »

1. Changed: Improved how view headers look when skin effects are applied. (i.e. negative, old fashinoned, etc.)

Works for Pixos - Negative!!!
Stupid questions do not exist, only stupid answers.

lalittle

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #6 on: March 28, 2006, 02:43:53 am »

If I'm on the normal panes view with Audio highlighted, when I change skins, the "song list" section of the panes takes up the entire right side of the screen (i.e. as if I moved the separator bar all the way to the top.)  I have to highlight something else in the tree and then Audio again in order to get the panes back to their normal size.  This happens every time I change skins while on this particular view.

Larry

JimH

• Administrator
  • Where did I put my teeth?
« Reply #7 on: March 28, 2006, 08:38:30 am »

Comments on the interface changes are here:
http://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php?topic=32916.0

Matt

• Administrator
  • Shoes gone again!
« Reply #8 on: March 28, 2006, 09:45:50 am »

in the option drop list in library view, the space slider modifies size of thumbnails too

Changing spacing could cause a column to get added or removed.  That would affect the sizing slightly as well.
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

jimn

• World Citizen
  • You are getting sleepy...very sleepy...
« Reply #9 on: March 28, 2006, 01:25:33 pm »

#1 should be fixed in the next build.
#2 I couldn't duplicate, but (once again) it's possible it will get fixed along with #1.
JimN

The Audible playback issues remain -- i.e:

1) An Audible file that is allowed to "finish" cannot be played again until the position slider is moved while MC is "trying" to start playing thsi file.

2) The time counter for Audible files will sometimes start at "0:00" even though the track starts playing at a bookmark a ways into the track.  In other words, even thought the track starts at the bookmarked position, the time counter starts at 0:00, which is not the correct time.   For more information on these issues, please see this post:

http://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php?topic=32830.msg224918#msg224918

Thanks,

Larry

tcman41

• Sound Surfing!
« Reply #10 on: March 28, 2006, 03:57:53 pm »

Is show stacks working?, look at the pick, two paul hardcastle albums, show stacked is checked, yet they aren't stacked, lol.

TC ?
Pages: [1]   Go Up