INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Audio CD not recognized - reboot to fix?  (Read 1209 times)

patricklang

• Recent member
  • Change this by choosing profile
Audio CD not recognized - reboot to fix?
« on: March 20, 2006, 11:16:19 pm »

The last few weeks, whenever I need to rip a CD, I must reboot before the cd is recognized and can be ripped.  When this happens, I can see the "files" in explorer, but Windows Media Player will not play the cd in digital mode.  MC11.1 states that I do not have a CD inserted.

I have a suspicion that this may be do to my use of fast user switching.  I always close MC before switching users, but I rarely reboot my machine.  I spend 95% of the time logged in as a non-admin, and the remainder using an admin user for one application from work that requires admin privileges.

I can help debug this if you can tell me what you need to recognize the cdrom (DASD handles, etc?).  I have kernel debugging and filesystem experience, but don't know a thing about how digital audio extraction is supposed to work.
Enjoying bit-perfect audio since Media Center 10!

Current 192k setup: SB Recon3d (using hdaudio.sys) -> SPDIF -> Emotiva XDA-1 -> Rotel RX-975 -> Event 20/20 v1
Headphone setup: Meta42 amp, AKG k501, AKG k271
Portable setup: Meridian Explorer -> Etymotic ER-4P with S adapter

JohnT

• Citizen of the Universe
John Thompson, JRiver Media Center

patricklang

• Recent member
  • Change this by choosing profile
Re: Audio CD not recognized - reboot to fix?
« Reply #2 on: March 26, 2006, 05:28:02 pm »

It isn't the permission issue described there - I fixed that already.  I can rip/burn just fine for a while, but it stops.

I ripped a few cd's a few days ago, and haven't rebooted, and its not working right now.
Enjoying bit-perfect audio since Media Center 10!

Current 192k setup: SB Recon3d (using hdaudio.sys) -> SPDIF -> Emotiva XDA-1 -> Rotel RX-975 -> Event 20/20 v1
Headphone setup: Meta42 amp, AKG k501, AKG k271
Portable setup: Meridian Explorer -> Etymotic ER-4P with S adapter
Pages: [1]   Go Up