INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: A-B-C change  (Read 1458 times)

LonWar

• Citizen of the Universe
A-B-C change
« on: March 28, 2006, 05:23:22 pm »

Anyway that we can have a static alphabet back?
Also, really needed is a size all thumnails.   It's silly to have to resize the thumbs in every view and drill down
-

JimH

• Administrator
  • Where did I put my teeth?
Re: A-B-C change
« Reply #1 on: March 28, 2006, 06:16:52 pm »

Anyway that we can have a static alphabet back?
No.  Sorry.

It isn't needed when there are just a few choices and you'd logically never use it.

Matt and I talked about this yesterday.  I wanted the alphabet to jump to behave as it would if the entire library were shown.  He had a good reason for not doing it which I've now forgotten.  We compromised by removing it when it really served no purpose.

It won't change for now.  If you still hate it in four weeks from this coming Monday, send a request on the back of a fifty dollar bill and we'll give it serious consideration.

glynor

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #2 on: March 28, 2006, 06:31:17 pm »

It won't change for now.  If you still hate it in four weeks from this coming Monday, send a request on the back of a fifty dollar bill and we'll give it serious consideration.

Sorry.  My fifty's already on it's way to Harvard Square for Click and Clack.

;)
"Some cultures are defined by their relationship to cheese."

Visit me on the Interweb Thingie: http://glynor.com/

LonWar

« Reply #3 on: March 28, 2006, 06:59:20 pm »

No.  Sorry.

It isn't needed when there are just a few choices and you'd logically never use it.

Matt and I talked about this yesterday.  I wanted the alphabet to jump to behave as it would if the entire library were shown.  He had a good reason for not doing it which I've now forgotten.  We compromised by removing it when it really served no purpose.

Alright... I'll let you off with that one.... But how about the thumbnails? This really is driving me nuts!
-

KingSparta

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #4 on: March 28, 2006, 07:16:18 pm »

I used it all the time

I Am a Sad Clown
Retired Military, Airborne, Air Assault, And Flight Wings.
Model Trains, Internet, Ham Radio
https://MyAAGrapevines.com
Fayetteville, NC, USA

modelmaker

« Reply #5 on: March 29, 2006, 03:09:00 am »

:( I did too.
Jay.

"Life is what happens when you're making other plans"     John Lennon.

marko

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #6 on: March 29, 2006, 03:57:42 am »

me too. turned it off now though.

dcwebman

« Reply #7 on: March 29, 2006, 09:18:37 am »

Alright... I'll let you off with that one.... But how about the thumbnails? This really is driving me nuts!
I could be wrong but the thumbnail thing would be solved if they put back the Customize Current View save for all areas that they removed. It certainly is a pain to have to save presets and load them for every view.

EDIT: No, I'm wrong. I guess the Preset only saves the columns. I would have thought it would have saved the entire contents of the Customize Current View box but nope. Interesting.
Jeff
Pages: [1]   Go Up