INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Search Internet from the Recorder  (Read 1944 times)

ejdenton

Search Internet from the Recorder
« on: April 01, 2006, 10:55:32 am »

OK... I'm NEW to the forum but NOT new to Media Jukebox. (I registered an older version several years ago). The reason for coming back was that through a couple/three crashes I lost the MJ Install program and my registration file. I can't even remember the version number but 5 sticks in my mind.

I had converted several LP's and Tapes to MP3's with my older version and had no problems with the Internet lookup though I can't remember specifics about how it was done.

In version 8 (YES REGISTERED so I guesss it's called 8 PLUS) the HELP for Recorder Dialog Box Options states under the Recorder Dialog Box Options that you can enter track names "manually or automatically using the internet lookup method".
Under the Search Internet. section it states "Just enter an album name and/or an artist name and click the Search button".

Sounds simple??? I can't find the search button. It's probably something stupid but I can not locate a "Search Button" anywhere on "Recorder Dialog" nor the "Tracks" dial boxes.

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
Re: Search Internet from the Recorder
« Reply #1 on: April 05, 2006, 11:32:57 am »

If you mean that you're trying to get track names and artists for what you're recording, I'm not sure that's possible in MJ8.  We provide "Track Lookup" by right clicking on a file, but it may only be in JRiver Media Center, and the data needs to be in our database (not everything is).

ejdenton

« Reply #2 on: April 05, 2006, 12:05:03 pm »

If you mean that you're trying to get track names and artists for what you're recording, I'm not sure that's possible in MJ8.  We provide "Track Lookup" by right clicking on a file, but it may only be in JRiver Media Center, and the data needs to be in our database (not everything is).

Jim, I mean what I stated... Here let me paste the entire section from HELP for MJ 8 instead of just part of it.

Recorder Dialog Box Options

Artist Name
If you enter an artist name it will be used to categorize the tracks when recording is complete.

Album Name
If you enter an album name, it will be used to categorize the tracks when recording is complete.

Track Names Dialog Box
Clicking the Tracks button presents a dialog that lets you specify track names and durations for a recording session. You can do this manually or automatically using the internet lookup method.

Manual Method. Use the Add button to add a track to the end of the list. The Insert button inserts the track before the currently selected one. You may optionally enter the track lengths in minutes and seconds to make the track splitting feature more accurate. Keep in mind though, that if you enter incorrect track lengths, the track splitting feature probably won't work properly.

Search Internet. Just enter an album name and/or an artist name and click the Search button.  If matching albums were found, a dialog box is displayed with a selection box to let you choose which album to use. The tracks for the selected album are shown in a list box. Click Ok to use the selected tracks names.

The above is a cut and paste from the "RECORDER DIALOG BOX OPTIONS" from MJ8 HELP.

I can not find the "SEARCH BUTTON" in MJ8.

Thanks!!

ED

JimH

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: April 05, 2006, 12:11:16 pm »

Try clicking on "Tracks" first.

ejdenton

« Reply #4 on: April 05, 2006, 12:39:03 pm »

Try clicking on "Tracks" first.
Can you run MJ 8?

As I type this I AM looking at the "Tracks". In this dialog box I have 7 "buttons". Aside from the usual "OK and "CANCEL" at the bottom, I have, running vertically on the right side of the box "ADD", "INSERT", "EDIT", "DELETE", and "DELETE ALL"

HELP ABOUT  says I'm running "MEDIA JUKEBOX PLUS 8.0.400"

Did I d/l and register an OLD version of MJ 8?

KingSparta

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #5 on: April 05, 2006, 01:30:43 pm »

I don't really have any input but

I don't remember this option really

MJ8 never had digital fingerprinting like MC11.1 Does

any look-ups relied on user input, there was a search option on a webpage like option that had no way to hit Enter Or Search (if i remember correctly)

So I never did figure that one out.

MJ8 was relased like 4 years ago and only was updated in version .400 i think because of Microsoft DRM media files.

It has been so long since I and others used MJ8 i would be suprised if J river had MJ8 on any computers (just a guess).
Retired Military, Airborne, Air Assault, And Flight Wings.
Model Trains, Internet, Ham Radio
https://MyAAGrapevines.com
https://centercitybbs.com
Fayetteville, NC, USA

JimH

• Administrator
« Reply #6 on: April 05, 2006, 01:52:39 pm »

8.0.400 is the most current version, but we haven't made any changes to it for several years and I can't answer your question.  Maybe someone else can help.

ejdenton

« Reply #7 on: April 05, 2006, 01:57:30 pm »

KingS...

The above cut and paste directly from "Help" is the entire first half section of RECORDER DIALOG BOX OPTIONS. The remaining part not pasted is referring to the DELETE and DELETE ALL buttons and the MANUAL Methed of entering tghe tracks.

I know that a previous version of MJ performed this task very similiar to the way the CD COPY goes to the internet and pulls up MOST CD's track tagging information. Though back then the internet site was called something else.

Pages: [1]   Go Up