INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Media Center 11.1.162  (Read 2898 times)

SwellGuy

Media Center 11.1.162
« on: April 03, 2006, 05:07:58 pm »

This is the latest version of MC 11.1.  Your MC11.0 license will work with it.  Please post bugs here.  Please start a new thread for anything requiring discussion.  Non-bug posts will be deleted or moved.  MC11.1 is a free upgrade from MC11.0. 

If you're new to MC11, please use the build from our download page here:
http://www.jrmediacenter.com/download.html

This latest build (usually safe) of MC11.1 is here:
ftp://ftp.jriver.com/pub/downloads/music/MediaCenter111162.exe

11.1.162 (4/3/2006)

1. Fixed: Virtual handheld devices that pointed to a network share would not work properly.
2. Changed: Doing a "Locate" followed by a "Back" command wouldn't properly clear the search box.
3. Fixed: User customization of library field categories wouldn't persist between runs.
4. NEW: Added Lyrics support for iPods. (requires MP3 files with lyrics embedded in the tags -- which MC does by default)
5. Changed: Certain WAV files (e.g. Dolby Digital WAV) that used to be routed to DirectX Player are now routed to native playback engine.
6. Fixed: Certain characters (#, ? and a few others) in filenames would break library server.
7. Fixed: Certain protected WMA files would not transfer to portable devices.

11.1.161 (4/3/2006)

1. Changed: Shrunk title area font slightly.
2. Fixed: In Panes views, the "Options" menu would not populate.

11.1.160 (3/31/2006)

1. Changed: Added country list on "TV Channels" property page so that people without an analog tuner device can still select a country for digital devices.
2. Changed: More debug logging for TV.
3. Fixed: The drop list below a My Computer view could lose its font when being resized.
4. Changed: The drop list below a My Computer view no longer flickers during resize.
5. Fixed: Edit controls with borders and dividers on dialogs wouldn't always redraw properly. (TV View, Plugin Manager, etc.)
6. Changed: Clicking an item in the panes doesn't clear the search box.
7. Changed: Auto-show menus in library view don't disappear immediately when the mouse leaves them, but instead after a short delay. (so briefly overshooting doesn't hide the menu)
8. Changed: Deleting a file from the details list below a grouping library list no longer resets the scroll position.
9. Changed: The installer uses the user's current skin as long as their current skin is included in the build. (the installer couldn't safely depend on skins it doesn't include)
10. Fixed: Since MC build 11.1.157 TV would fail to load audio device in some cases.
11. Fixed: Scrollbars wouldn't properly show or hide in lists under certain circumstances or Windows versions.
12. Changed: Player window text sizing auto-fits the text instead of trying to honor the font size in Options > Tree & View. (since there's a fixed height)
13. NEW: Added a view header bar to My Computer views.
14. Changed: All view headers show a thumbnail size slider when in thumbnail mode. (instead of just library views)
15. Fixed: SDK access of thumbnails on systems with more than 2GB of thumbnails would not work properly.
16. Fixed: Import Action Window was not properly supporting translation.

New Features in MC 11.1
Podcasting support, with OneClick Podcast subscription
Audible fully supported
Much improved handheld support for iPod, PlayforSure devices, and many others
User-configurable locations for media types on handhelds
iPod Shuffle and Nano support
Photos and album art on iPods that support it
Automatic backup of library
Directshow support for AAC files
Much faster handling of thumbnail images (requires one-time rebuild of thumbnails)
New thumbnail slider bar for resizing
Integrated library and library browser system
Support for Dvico's FusionHDTV 5 USB
Improved translation system and several new languages
Perfectly gapless MP3 playback (when files were encoded with a recent version of LAME)
New thumbnail size slider bar

bytestar

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Alpha/Betatester
Re: Media Center 11.1.162
« Reply #1 on: April 03, 2006, 05:48:28 pm »

Thanks for fix this...  :D

1. Fixed: Virtual handheld devices that pointed to a network share would not work properly.
Official Microsoft © product tester.
Download the latest language file https://1drv.ms/u/s!AnQ3L_bTnnzv4otXL9-G4rUj9wX6Tw?e=TLGgjb (is constantly updated)

lOth

« Reply #2 on: April 03, 2006, 06:05:37 pm »

4. NEW: Added Lyrics support for iPods. (requires MP3 files with lyrics embedded in the tags -- which MC does by default)

Sounds great but I wasn't aware my iPod could display lyrics, so forgive me for the dumb question: where are the lyrics located on the iPod? I checked the notes and it wasn't there, I checked a song with lyrics that just had been transfered (pressed select several times while playing), but no luck. Or maybe it's just a G5/Nano feature, in which case I could always look as hard as I want...

JimH

• Administrator
  • Where did I put my teeth?
« Reply #3 on: April 03, 2006, 06:08:18 pm »

Sounds great but I wasn't aware my iPod could display lyrics, so forgive me for the dumb question: where are the lyrics located on the iPod?
I think it's just the Video iPods.  More here:
http://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php?topic=32969.0

razumik

• World Citizen
« Reply #4 on: April 03, 2006, 09:35:33 pm »

lOth,

Jim is right.  Only works with the 5G Video.  It is a nice feature, but I find that I have a hard time reading them while driving. cycling, mowing the lawn, or any other time I use my IPOD.

Pink Waters

• Finally I understand the feelings of the few
« Reply #5 on: April 03, 2006, 11:06:21 pm »

in video view, double clicking the screen tor retrun from/proceed to full screen view is broken
Tamer

gany

• Recent member
« Reply #6 on: April 03, 2006, 11:59:47 pm »

lOth,

Jim is right.  Only works with the 5G Video.  It is a nice feature, but I find that I have a hard time reading them while driving. cycling, mowing the lawn, or any other time I use my IPOD.

I have a 5G, but how do I activate the lyrics?

razumik

• World Citizen
« Reply #7 on: April 04, 2006, 12:08:16 am »

In order to view the lyrics you will need to do the following:

1. Make sure the song has lyrics in MC.
2. Remove the song from the IPOD if it is already there.  Probably best just to re-initialize and transfer everything back over.
3. When you are listening to the song on the IPOD press the center button 3 times.  If you have lyrics, they will show up.  If not, pressing the buttong 3 times will get you to the rating screen like before.

skeeterfood

• We're all just food for the skeeters.
« Reply #8 on: April 04, 2006, 12:31:13 am »

I've almost got MC (not Theatre View) controllable by remote for general selecting and playing of music other than 2 problems:

1) I can't find any way to drill-down in a windmill stack other than double-clicking with the mouse (MCC_DOUBLE_CLICK doesn't seem to work).

Any chance you could change the "Enter" keys function to Drill-Down into a stack, instead of Playing it?  How about using "Space bar" for Play?

3) Once you drill-down to an album and get the Files list to pop-up at the bottom, tabbing into the file list doesn't select the first item, which makes it hard to see where the focus is.

-John

lOth

« Reply #9 on: April 04, 2006, 01:03:49 am »

Only works with the 5G Video.

:'(

kwake

• World Citizen
  • Excellent piece of software, this Media Center...
« Reply #10 on: April 04, 2006, 02:34:50 am »

SwellGuy, any chance the mc.dic issue for Pocket PC sync is resolved in this build or if not, any chance you are planning to look into it?

Thanks,
Kwake

Uwe

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #11 on: April 04, 2006, 04:07:37 am »

Bug in Visualization Studio:
The colour in the Flush command is inverted after saving the file.

Example:
Enter Vis-Studio.Put the colour in Flush to 0x0000FF. The shown colour is blue. After saving, the colour switches to red. After leaving and re-entering Vis-Studio, Flush shows 0xAA0000 (red). This bug is reproducible on different PCs.

Uwe

olarte

• World Citizen
« Reply #12 on: April 04, 2006, 09:08:08 am »

In order to view the lyrics you will need to do the following:

1. Make sure the song has lyrics in MC.
2. Remove the song from the IPOD if it is already there.  Probably best just to re-initialize and transfer everything back over.
3. When you are listening to the song on the IPOD press the center button 3 times.  If you have lyrics, they will show up.  If not, pressing the buttong 3 times will get you to the rating screen like before.

NO NO NO... I tried several different ways and the lyrics will not show up on the Ipod Video when syncing with the new build...

IN fact. this is what I get.

Lyrics and album covers that were done with Itunes show up fine on the ipod but do not show up on MC when playing the tracks from the device

Lyrics that are synced with the latest build (AFTER removing the tunes from the ipod) show up in MC when playing on the device but do NOT show up  on the ipod at all.

Album covers that were synced with MC show up on MC and the Ipod...

I tried deleting the original tunes in the ipod, exiting MC in between, even renaming the album, but they simply do not show up on  the ipod when done with MC... but they do show up in MC when playing the tunes.

help! :o
Pages: [1]   Go Up