INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Media Center 11.1.167  (Read 5039 times)

Matt

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Shoes gone again!
Media Center 11.1.167
« on: April 06, 2006, 05:06:08 pm »

This is the latest version of MC 11.1.  Your MC11.0 license will work with it.  Please post bugs here.  Please start a new thread for anything requiring discussion.  Non-bug posts will be deleted or moved.  MC11.1 is a free upgrade from MC11.0. 

If you're new to MC11, please use the build from our download page here:
http://www.jrmediacenter.com/download.html

This latest build (usually safe) of MC11.1 is here:
ftp://ftp.jriver.com/pub/downloads/music/MediaCenter111167.exe

11.1.167 (4/6/2006)

1. New: Added new method of scanning DVB-T channels (experimental).
2. Fixed: Using the shell extensions could (still) leave JRTools.dll locked.
3. Fixed: Ogg file ripping was leaving temp files around and not updating tags.
4. Changed: Added ability to turn off many more features in Options > General > Advanced > Features.

11.1.166 (4/6/2006)

1. Fixed: Using the shell extensions could leave JRTools.dll locked, requiring a reboot to install.
2. Changed: With bidirectional pane filtering, picking "All" on a previously filtered pane wouldn't update the list as expected.
3. Changed: Library grouping views have bidirectional links making them work much like the new pane system. (navigation circles no longer possible)
4. Fixed: View scheme editing now shows (translated) field display names instead of internal names.
5. NEW: Filtering in both directions is now a per view scheme option. (only on for image views by default)
6. Changed: Database format upgraded to support bidirectional filtering.  Old Media Centers will not be able to load databases from this version.
7. Changed: More DVB-T graph-building tweaks, to avoid crashes with some devices.
8. Fixed: Some "Options" buttons in view headers were still not translatable.
9. Fixed: If a file failed to play with the QuickTime engine, it could cause a crash.

11.1.165 (4/5/2006)

1. New: MC can import Disk #, BPM (tempo) and Comment tags from m4a files.
2. Changed: MC does a better job analyzing previously transfered files on a device.
3. Fixed: Playlist files unable to play on Windows Mobile devices if the filename contained illegal characters.
4. Fixed: MC cccasionally dead-locking when synchronizing after performing other tasks on the device like deleting files.
5. Fixed: Switching skins while viewing a panes view could cause the panes to temporarily disappear.
6. NEW: Updated the German translation. (thanks bytestar!)
7. Changed: Starting a group of images for playback in Theater View wouldn't start as a slideshow.
8. Fixed: Clicking the "Click Here To Reset Selection" button to clear the pane selection wouldn't update the files list.
9. Fixed: A few pieces in the import process were not fully translatable.
10. Changed: Installer no longer displays icon in top left of dialog. (didn't look good with some skins)
11. Fixed: Some view header bar text was not translatable.
12. Fixed: A library that had created / used over 4 billion database entries in its lifetime could behave strangely.
13. Changed: 'Recheck Sync' now re-analyzes the files on the device as well as changes within MC.

11.1.164 (4/5/2006)

1. Fixed: TV would hang when scanning for DVB-T channels.
2. Fixed: Thumbnail size slider wouldn't take effect immediately in some views.
3. Fixed: Tiles could disappear in some cases.
4. Changed: Entering into a tile with the Enter key wouldn't give the keyboard focus to the new list.
5. Fixed: Panes wouldn't handle the same name with different capitalization properly.
6. Fixed: MC would not read custom genre in m4a files.
7. Fixed: Underlines wouldn't show up properly on some link-style buttons.
8. NEW: Panes now filter in both directions. (experiment -- may not remain)
9. Fixed: LIbrary Server would not handle conversion on the fly.

11.1.163 (4/4/2006)

1. NEW: Added native support for Canon RAW files using the Canon SDK. (.CR2, .CRW)
2. Changed: Back and forward added to available remote control commands.
3. Changed: Reworked how playback / conversion components are loaded. (primarily an internal change -- please report any issues)
4. Changed: Image slideshow time doesn't progress until the next image has finished loading. (which could be a little while for images on a slow server)
5. Changed: Enter does the same thing as double-click for library tiles. (goes into)
6. Fixed: Visualization flush component would flip the red and blue in user entered colors.
7. Changed: View headers show images associated with files in the list when there's no selection instead of showing the stock image.
8. Changed: Improved stack building logic so no thumb images are never on the top of the stack.
9. Changed: If a stack has no items with art, a single no tile image is drawn instead of a stack.
10. Fixed: Playing a file while Media Server was running without Media Center running could produce strange results.
11. Fixed: In some cases, areas between and below tiles would not redraw properly.
12. Changed: PerbCast server version updated.
13. Changed: More graph building tweaks for DVB-T TV support.
14. NEW: Updated the German translation. (thanks bytestar!)

11.1.162 (4/3/2006)

1. Fixed: Virtual handheld devices that pointed to a network share would not work properly.
2. Changed: Doing a "Locate" followed by a "Back" command wouldn't properly clear the search box.
3. Fixed: User customization of library field categories wouldn't persist between runs.
4. NEW: Added Lyrics support for iPods. (requires MP3 files with lyrics embedded in the tags -- which MC does by default)
5. Changed: Certain WAV files (e.g. Dolby Digital WAV) that used to be routed to DirectX Player are now routed to native playback engine.
6. Fixed: Certain characters (#, ? and a few others) in filenames would break library server.
7. Fixed: Certain protected WMA files would not transfer to portable devices.

11.1.161 (4/3/2006)

1. Changed: Shrunk title area font slightly.
2. Fixed: In Panes views, the "Options" menu would not populate.

New Features in MC 11.1
Podcasting support, with OneClick Podcast subscription
Audible fully supported
Much improved handheld support for iPod, PlayforSure devices, and many others
User-configurable locations for media types on handhelds
iPod Shuffle and Nano support
Photos and album art on iPods that support it
Automatic backup of library
Directshow support for AAC files
Much faster handling of thumbnail images (requires one-time rebuild of thumbnails)
New thumbnail slider bar for resizing
Integrated library and library browser system
Support for Dvico's FusionHDTV 5 USB
Improved translation system and several new languages
Perfectly gapless MP3 playback (when files were encoded with a recent version of LAME)
New thumbnail size slider bar
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

jgreen

Re: Media Center 11.1.167
« Reply #1 on: April 06, 2006, 05:13:52 pm »

Currently running 11.1.165.  Tried to install .167 and .166 in succession, both failed at "jrtools.dll."

jgreen

« Reply #2 on: April 06, 2006, 05:31:30 pm »

Did a restart and install went off without a hitch, as promised. 

MSFT scrollwheel mouse events seem stilted in this version.  Pausing before moving, and not really obeying like it used to.

EDIT:  I went into tools/options/general/advanced and change the media key mode.  Both "app commands" and "hot keys" are an improvement.  Problem is not huge, it's just clearly hesitating.

Krazykanuck

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #3 on: April 06, 2006, 05:31:53 pm »

After installing 167 I got a package installer error.

The instruction at "0x10034b5d" referenced memory at "0x01232620". The memory could not be "read".

Program seems to be installed ok.
The error occurs if I check for updates. I get the message back saying no updates available. After pressing ok get this installer error.

I rebooted but same thing.

Mr ChriZ

• :-D
« Reply #4 on: April 06, 2006, 05:44:29 pm »

Can confirm received JRTools.dll thing popped up on installation of 11.1.167 again
logging out and logging in again resolved the problem.

This version definitley resolves the problem however.
I then reinstalled 167 over 167 and the popup did not reoccur.

jgreen

« Reply #5 on: April 06, 2006, 06:23:05 pm »

It seems as if in dialogue box option buttons (yes/no/enter/etc), that there has been some highlight added to the default option.  Whatever, in current version the default option button goes completely black, when viewed in Aruba/Negative.

ferent

• Galactic Citizen
  • Go to Linux
« Reply #6 on: April 06, 2006, 06:55:53 pm »

In panes view, when I select some images and check an option in a pane, the images selected are reset and I have to re-select them to check another option in panes...
Go to linux

EpF

« Reply #7 on: April 06, 2006, 07:05:16 pm »

In panes view, when I select some images and check an option in a pane, the images selected are reset and I have to re-select them to check another option in panes...
I'm seeing this too - I hope it's a bug and will be reset to previous behaviour.

datdude

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #8 on: April 06, 2006, 08:30:56 pm »

Awesome build guys.  MC 11.1 is almost perfect as far as speed, usability, and stability go! ;D

The only thing I am wondering, is how to consistently apply tile sizes, and files at bottom options, (without resetting) across view pages and view schemes and them customize down to each one? 

Thanks

EDIT: I get it, kinda.  The settings are applied for each page/field type no matter the view scheme, but not for the files at bottom.  Is that about right?
"You are not a beautiful or unique snowflake." -  Just a very big snowball

Doof

• MC Beta Team
  • Farm Animal Stupid
« Reply #9 on: April 06, 2006, 11:24:35 pm »

If MC is running, and you try to run it again, I get one of those "Send/Don't Send" messages from MC. I found this because I had Media Server running and rather than use the Media Server popup menu to open MC proper, I used a shortcut icon. Further tests showed that it will do this everytime I try to run MC when it's already running, on two different PCs.

When I was in Tile view, I selected all files of an album, hit Shift-Delete and chose to remove from library. The files disappeared, but the album tile remained. So I clicked on another tile, then back on the tile for that album and it showed me all of the files still, only with the "unimported" icon. I had to refresh the view to get the album tile to go away.

marcusaschneider

« Reply #10 on: April 07, 2006, 01:36:17 am »

3. Fixed: Ogg file ripping was leaving temp files around and not updating tags.
4. Changed: Added ability to turn off many more features in Options > General > Advanced > Features.

Thank you - I very much appreciate your quick reactions and fixes. Being involved in SW development myself, I can imagine the pressure you experience with your open style of communication towards the user community. :P

Marcus

park

• MC Beta Team
  • I wish I had more to say!
« Reply #11 on: April 07, 2006, 04:15:00 am »

Assigning tag values in tile view doesnt update the list, even if you refresh or move back up through the breadcrumbs, until you go back to the root view.

lalittle

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #12 on: April 07, 2006, 05:45:48 am »

I'm getting the same error as Doof -- i.e. using the normal MC icon to "start" MC after it's already running causes the "Send Error Report" error and MC does not start.  Like Doof, I discovered this because I have Media Server running, and use the MC shortcut to start the "full" MC.  With 167, once Media Server is running, MC can ONLY be started with the systray "Show Media Center" button.

This was not happening on the last build I tried, which I "think" was 165 -- I don't think I tried 166 on this system.

Thanks,

Larry

gappie

!
« Reply #13 on: April 07, 2006, 06:12:29 am »

i love the ability to turn of more features. great!

but when i go to theaterview > playlists, i get all songs seperated with thumbnail from the album were in standard view i get the albums.

tcman41

• Sound Surfing!
« Reply #14 on: April 07, 2006, 06:56:47 am »

When installing the  new clean info track info template got an installer error, first time ever for me with a build of MC11.

TC  :(

JimH

• Administrator
  • Where did I put my teeth?
« Reply #15 on: April 07, 2006, 07:21:10 am »

I can imagine the pressure you experience with your open style of communication towards the user community. :P
:D
Thanks, Marcus.  It's usually worth the heat.

dcwebman

« Reply #16 on: April 07, 2006, 08:08:36 am »

Currently running 11.1.165.  Tried to install .167 and .166 in succession, both failed at "jrtools.dll."
FYI, besides the reboot mentioned in the release notes, one can use a tool like Unlocker (http://ccollomb.free.fr/unlocker/) that will unlock the file. This is what I did to install without rebooting or logging off.
Jeff
Pages: [1]   Go Up