INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Volume control problem  (Read 1071 times)

tgack

• Recent member
Volume control problem
« on: February 06, 2006, 12:23:08 pm »

I think this may have creaped back in one or two builds ago, but now the volume slide on my home PC is giving me problems again- it will not go any lower than the level set at my system volume (but oddly enough it will go higher).

In the past I had similar problems with my sound and the eventual solution was discussed here:
http://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php?topic=30579.0

As discussed in that thread, switching from Wave to DirectSound and restarting used to work, and it had been functioning fine in 11.0 and I think in earlier 11.1 builds.  Now neither Wave or DirectSound solves the issue.

Media Center Registered 11.1.113 -- C:\Program Files\J River\Media Center 11\

Microsoft Windows XP  Workstation 5.1 Service Pack 2 (Build 2600)
Intel Pentium 4 2671 MHz MMX / Memory: Total - 1047 MB, Free - 649 MB

Internet Explorer: 6.0.2900.2180 / ComCtl32.dll: 5.82.2900 / Shlwapi.dll: 6.0.2900 / Shell32.dll: 6.0.2900 / wnaspi32.dll: N/A

Motherboard: ASUS X Series P5GL-MX with SoundMAX Integrated Digital HD Audio (running SoundMAX Control Panel)

Thanks,
TGack

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
Re: Volume control problem
« Reply #1 on: February 06, 2006, 12:28:30 pm »

Try uninstalling other sound related software.  I don't think this is an MC problem.

djlefreak

• Recent member
  • Drink up me hearties-Yo Ho!
« Reply #2 on: April 07, 2006, 10:38:47 am »

Actually, I've noticed this too.

I'm using a registered version of media center 11.1.121. I have it playing through 5.1 surround sound speakers and what happens is if slide the volume all the way down it cuts out the front-L and front-R speakers but leaves the center, rear and sub speakers at half volume and then the slider "pops" back to the half-way mark. Mute still works as expected.

Matt

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Shoes gone again!
« Reply #3 on: April 07, 2006, 10:50:05 am »

There's some background task that Sony computers runs that causes issues.  Cleaning up your running processes might be a good place to start.

If you isolate the problem, please let us know what it turned out to be.

Thanks.
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center
Pages: [1]   Go Up