INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Media Center 11.1.171  (Read 5937 times)

Matt

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Shoes gone again!
Media Center 11.1.171
« on: April 10, 2006, 04:05:50 pm »

This is the latest version of MC 11.1.  Your MC11.0 license will work with it.  Please post bugs here.  Please start a new thread for anything requiring discussion.  Non-bug posts will be deleted or moved.  MC11.1 is a free upgrade from MC11.0. 

If you're new to MC11, please use the build from our download page here:
http://www.jrmediacenter.com/download.html

This latest build (usually safe) of MC11.1 is here:
ftp://ftp.jriver.com/pub/downloads/music/MediaCenter111171.exe

11.1.171 (4/10/2006)

1. Fixed: During Audio Analysis or Format Conversion, keyboard shortcuts would not work properly.
2. NEW: Update the French translation. (thanks Jean-Marc)
3. Changed: The Action Window no longer has an empty row at the bottom of it.
4. Fixed: Quickly double-clicking in the panes could play items from the previous selection.
5. Fixed: MC would occasionally list all (or nearly all) files on a device in duplicate.
6. Fixed: MC could have trouble reconciling a file on a device if it didn't have an album name.
7. Fixed: Syncing to some devices failing due to bad metadata.
8. Fixed: When ripping from multiple CD drives, CD's ejected and re-inserted at odd times.

11.1.170 (4/8/2006)

1. Fixed: The installer could crash on some systems.

11.1.169 (4/7/2006)

1. NEW: Added more skin effects under Tools > Skins > Skin Effects...
2. Fixed: Shell extensions could cause a crash.
3. Fixed: With skin effects enabled, some button text could appear the wrong color.
4. Fixed: If focus was shifted away from the installer during an upgrade install, it would not always finish properly.

11.1.168 (4/7/2006)

1. Fixed: Launching Media Center while Media Server or Media Center was already running could cause a crash.
2. Fixed: Package Installer (Check for Updates, skin installation, etc.) would exit with an error.
3. Fixed: Tagging mode would reset list selections after making a change.
4. Fixed: Refresh (F5) wouldn't properly preserve the file list state in pane mode.
5. Fixed: With skin effects enabled, button text could appear the wrong color on the over and down states.

New Features in MC 11.1
Podcasting support, with OneClick Podcast subscription
Audible fully supported
Much improved handheld support for iPod, PlayforSure devices, and many others
User-configurable locations for media types on handhelds
iPod Shuffle and Nano support
Photos and album art on iPods that support it
Automatic backup of library
Directshow support for AAC files
Much faster handling of thumbnail images (requires one-time rebuild of thumbnails)
New thumbnail slider bar for resizing
Integrated library and library browser system
Support for Dvico's FusionHDTV 5 USB
Improved translation system and several new languages
Perfectly gapless MP3 playback (when files were encoded with a recent version of LAME)
New thumbnail size slider bar
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

Mr ChriZ

• :-D
Re: Media Center 11.1.171
« Reply #1 on: April 10, 2006, 06:17:32 pm »

Thumbnail size slider still resetting thumbnail spacing

JimH

• Administrator
  • Where did I put my teeth?
« Reply #2 on: April 10, 2006, 06:22:45 pm »

Thumbnail size slider still resetting thumbnail spacing
It should change spacing. 

Mr ChriZ

• :-D
« Reply #3 on: April 11, 2006, 04:30:47 am »

OK if it's going to change spacing it should change it proportionally,
which it isn't, it's resetting it to 1.
Otherwise it makes a mockery of having a quick slider to change
thumbnail size, if everytime you've then got to go and search
for the spacing size in customize view.
I prefered it when we had the two sliders.

tcman41

• Sound Surfing!
« Reply #4 on: April 11, 2006, 06:47:46 am »

Something isn't right with the thumbnail spacing, it has been happening for awhile now. I use panes on the top and now can't seem to get a decent size grid of 5 by 3 thumbnails on the screen. The way the spacing works seems goofy, don't know exactly whats up but I don't like it.

TC

Doof

• MC Beta Team
  • Farm Animal Stupid
« Reply #5 on: April 11, 2006, 08:13:35 am »

Bugs for Media Center 11.1.171

• When MC attempts to import .mov files from my camera, it's renaming them based on the Image Name setting I have in the Scanner Options. So it's getting saved with a .jpg extension and it's doing something funky to the file as well, because even if I rename it back to a .mov extension, it's unplayable. It's almost like it's trying to convert the .mov to .jpg.

Here's a link to the resulting file...

Before I renamed it...
After I renamed it...

• You can't view the thumbnails of, or play Quicktime files through Library Server.
  • You can't play .apl or .cue files through Library Server.
  • MC is storing View Settings based on the name of the View Scheme. If the name changes to something never used before, then MC creates a new View based on that name. Rename it back to what it was before, and MC will show you the View as it was under that name. Give it a completely new name again, and you get the default view settings again. This behavior persists even after closing and restarting MC.
  • I have the Google Desktop Sidebar running, with it set to not hide and always on top. My taskbar is set the same way. When I maximize MC, it fills in the space where it should. If I then lock my workstation (Ctrl-Alt-Del -> Lock Workstation), then unlock it, MC is now taking up the entire screen, but stuck behind the taskbar and sidebar.
  • I noticed that you can now rename playlists right from the View Header. Unfortunately, the change doesn't take effect until after you go to a different node in the tree and then back to the renamed playlist. Anyway this could become more instant?
  • Rather than save the log for every CD it rips after it's done ripping, it saves one big log at the end of an autorip function, but in the folder of the last CD it ripped. Which is kind of counterintuitive because if I want to read the log for a particular CD, I have to try and remember which CD I ripped last during that same autorip session.

Request

• Would it be at all possible to implement my idea of skipping "Unassigned" fields in Tile View when all of the members of that level are "Unassigned"?

JimH

• Administrator
  • Where did I put my teeth?
« Reply #6 on: April 11, 2006, 08:19:33 am »

When MC attempts to import .mov files from my camera, it's renaming them based on the Image Name setting I have in the Scanner Options. So it's getting saved with a .jpg extension and it's doing something funky to the file as well, because even if I rename it back to a .mov extension, it's unplayable. It's almost like it's trying to convert the .mov to .jpg.
It sounds like MC is treating the camera as a scanner.  Try resetting your portable devices in MC options, and then telling MC that the camera isn't a media device when its first detected.

What camera is it?  And are the files on it named .mov?

Your other report in the bug thread -- not all file types can be streamed with Library Server.

Doof

• MC Beta Team
  • Farm Animal Stupid
« Reply #7 on: April 11, 2006, 08:32:32 am »

I don't have any portable devices set up in MC. I'm importing pictures using MCs Aquire Image tool. It works perfectly for still images (.jpg). When it gets to the .mov files, that's when it seems to be using the scanner settings. All in the same transfer. It'll be transfering files (.jpg and .mov) from the camera in one session, and it'll treat the jpgs right but the movs get all screwed up.

It's a Kodak DX-6440.

I'm 99% that the .mov files are stored on the camera as .mov, but I'll double check when I get home. IIRC, I can open the camera up through Windows Explorer and see the .jpgs and .mov files.

Your other report in the bug thread -- not all file types can be streamed with Library Server.

I'd read that apl and cue files were a problem (although disappointing, it's not crucial as I can have it convert). I wasn't sure if Quicktime files were supposed to work or not. All of my other video formats will stream, so I assumed Quicktime would as well. If it can't, then I may have to abandon Library Server completely.

Pink Waters

• Finally I understand the feelings of the few
« Reply #8 on: April 11, 2006, 11:15:25 am »

still asx streams playlist with gapless playback on problem
Tamer

JaredH

• Superfluously Articulate
« Reply #9 on: April 11, 2006, 12:53:27 pm »

There still seems to be more space on the right side of the pane versus the left side of the pane. This is visible, regardless of whether stacks are on or off. It's never centered.
J. A. Hayslett

Blog & Gallery - http://www.bgracetfaith.net

marko

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #10 on: April 11, 2006, 02:03:07 pm »

Something isn't right with the thumbnail spacing, it has been happening for awhile now. I use panes on the top and now can't seem to get a decent size grid of 5 by 3 thumbnails on the screen. The way the spacing works seems goofy, don't know exactly whats up but I don't like it.

TC
was thinking exactly the same last night when working with some photos.
I think it's the thumbnail text. It used to be immediately beneath the thumbnail, but now, it seems there's a blank line, which is forcing the text down into no-mans land between the thumbnail it references and the one below it.
spacing is set to 1 and the text is simply [name] and nothing else.

-marko.

EpF

« Reply #11 on: April 11, 2006, 03:24:56 pm »

Viewschemes seem to be filtering in both directions no matter what the setting...

Doof

• MC Beta Team
  • Farm Animal Stupid
« Reply #12 on: April 11, 2006, 04:58:52 pm »

was thinking exactly the same last night when working with some photos.
I think it's the thumbnail text. It used to be immediately beneath the thumbnail, but now, it seems there's a blank line, which is forcing the text down into no-mans land between the thumbnail it references and the one below it.
spacing is set to 1 and the text is simply [name] and nothing else.

Looks like it's making sure the text is lined up regardless of whether or not the photo is horizontal or vertical.

Doof

• MC Beta Team
  • Farm Animal Stupid
« Reply #13 on: April 11, 2006, 06:13:01 pm »

8. Fixed: When ripping from multiple CD drives, CD's ejected and re-inserted at odd times.

I could be wrong, but I think this may have broken something. CDs no longer eject when using autorip.

brainsoup

• World Citizen
  • Sexy! No No No...
« Reply #14 on: April 12, 2006, 06:44:54 am »

Fixed: Syncing to some devices failing due to bad metadata

Files are now transferring to my Zen Micro but any DRM (Napster to go) protected files are struggling. They take a long time (1-2 mins each) and after about 6 have transferred all other transfers are showing error.

EpF

« Reply #15 on: April 12, 2006, 12:09:21 pm »

With 'CD player style' chosen for playback buttons, if a track is the first in the playing now list, hitting 'previous' doesn't restart the track.

Also; changing 'sort empty strings last' doesn't seem to have any effect, as long as I understand it right: if you click on a list header which has empty entries, with 'sort empty strings last' checked you should get, for example;

<empty>
<empty>

jgreen

« Reply #16 on: April 12, 2006, 01:10:38 pm »

Using drag-and-drop to load audio tracks into media editor, media editor no longer accepts any file format but WAV.  Previously, other formats would be decoded on the fly.  Using "Send to"  generates an error dialogue, while drag/drop will crash the media editor

EpF

« Reply #17 on: April 12, 2006, 02:30:10 pm »

As per this post: http://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php?topic=33127.msg227019#msg227019,
ratings are not showing up in panes properly.

mobyfrag

• World Citizen
« Reply #18 on: April 13, 2006, 04:05:38 am »

Could you add to the contextual menu of each playlist the link (an option) "Edit this Playlist"? PLEASE
That will increase much the software ergonomics.   ;)

i.e. / example :

Thanks,
mobyF

park

• MC Beta Team
  • I wish I had more to say!
« Reply #19 on: April 13, 2006, 06:54:55 pm »

"unassigned" is being listed after "1" and before "2" for "Disc Number" in panes

Craig

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #20 on: April 14, 2006, 04:56:14 am »

"unassigned" is being listed after "1" and before "2" for "Disc Number" in panes

I've mentioned this a few times and nobody has picked up on it.
It seem to me that they are just not being sorted rather than left anywhere in particular.

Craig

MC2Slim - Windows Shell and JRiver Media Center Integration for Squeezebox.

http://www.duff-zapp.co.uk

lalittle

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #21 on: April 14, 2006, 07:50:08 am »

I'm still seeing the issue where Audible files are reported as "missing" from a synch if they're moved while an iPod is connected.  The "Recheck Sync" button does not help -- the files will not be synched until closing/re-opening MC, or ejecting/reconnecting the iPod.  This only happens if the iPod is connected WHILE the file is moved (I use "Rename file from properties" for this.)

I thought that perhaps this was fixed back with 165 with this change:

13. Changed: 'Recheck Sync' now re-analyzes the files on the device as well as changes within MC.

but apparently this did not fix the issue I'm seeing.

Thanks,

Larry

PS.  Any updates on the "Audilbe over Media Server" issue?  The last report was that this was being looked into, but I haven't heard any news about this for a few weeks now, so I'm just curious if the "alternative" metioned before was still a possibility.

Thanks again.

park

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #22 on: April 14, 2006, 09:05:00 am »

In tile view, click on a genre in the genres view and then choose "view artists". Click on the pull down menu in the toolbar and "Artists" is ticked. This is confusing, since I am in "X Genre's Artists" and not "Artists". By playing around i  realised that clicking on the ticked "Artists" entry will take me back to the real root level of "Artists".

Changing sorting methods using the presets on the options menu: "Sort by Date" somtimes sorts the files inside the album thumbnails in track order and sometimes doesnt. I cant see the patter, but I'll keep looking.

park

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #23 on: April 14, 2006, 09:10:04 am »

Switching between libraries caused MC to swap the thumbnails of one of the videos in one library, and an album thumbnail from the other library. The video and album dont exist in each other's library, so i dont how it could have happened.

Matt

• Administrator
  • Shoes gone again!
« Reply #24 on: April 14, 2006, 02:42:42 pm »

I've mentioned this a few times and nobody has picked up on it.
It seem to me that they are just not being sorted rather than left anywhere in particular.

Craig

By design, 1 and empty are treated the same.
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

skeeterfood

• We're all just food for the skeeters.
« Reply #25 on: April 14, 2006, 03:55:23 pm »

By design, 1 and empty are treated the same.

Then I take issue with the design!  I think it would be nice if after you painstakingly foud all the tracks from Disc 1 of a multi-disc album and tagged them appropriately, that they separated themselves from the untagged tracks.

Here's how it looks today:

Disc  Track  Name
    1        1   Track1Disc1
              1   Track1Disc2
              2   Track2Disc2
    1        2   Track2Disc1
(Note: Sort order is strictly by track name, since Disc and Track match)

Here's how I'd like/expect it to look:

Disc  Track  Name
    1        1   Track1Disc1
    1        2   Track2Disc1
              1   Track1Disc2
              2   Track2Disc2

This would make tagging the 2nd, 3rd, ... discs a lot easier.

-John

Doof

• MC Beta Team
  • Farm Animal Stupid
« Reply #26 on: April 14, 2006, 04:13:59 pm »

Couldn't you just search for all files where Disc# was empty and set it to 1?
Pages: [1]   Go Up