INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: best tv card\mouse remote  (Read 2479 times)

HTPC4ME

• Citizen of the Universe
  • LIFE IS A RADIO... CRANK IT UP TO 11!
best tv card\mouse remote
« on: May 04, 2006, 02:50:17 pm »

hi i been w\ media center since version 10. looking to add a tv tuner card to computer now, any ideas for the best one to get. my goal... to hook up my tivo satellite to it, and record also i would prefer a internal card if possible! and be able to control\change the channels in another room (ir is not going to be possible, i'm using an rf remote now) remote question i have is do any of you guys know a remote that has the capability of being able to move the mouse on the computer? right now in my theater room i'm unsing a universal 16 device remote to control theater but whenever i use computer in theater room to choose songs videos etc. I have to use my viewpoint wireless rf keyboard that has a mouse incorporated into it. is there a remote control out there that can be a universal remote but also control a computer via rf\be able to move the mouse and selct items, be nice to be able to control computer and theater\lights all from one remote, and only use keyboard if i choose to surf the net\type something which is very rare i would do that in the theater room.

thanks guys for all your help

Yaobing

• Administrator
  • Dogs of the world unite!
Re: best tv card\mouse remote
« Reply #1 on: May 10, 2006, 11:59:14 am »

Please see this thread for my comments about TV cards.

I hope other people can also chip in, especially on Remote controls. There used to be a lot of discussions on TV cards and remote controls on this board. It is too quiet nowadays. You might want to try searching the board to dig up some older discussions.
Yaobing Deng, JRiver Media Center

gobash1_i

« Reply #2 on: May 29, 2006, 04:03:33 am »

Please can you get me tv csrd
thanks

hi i been w\ media center since version 10. looking to add a tv tuner card to computer now, any ideas for the best one to get. my goal... to hook up my tivo satellite to it, and record also i would prefer a internal card if possible! and be able to control\change the channels in another room (ir is not going to be possible, i'm using an rf remote now) remote question i have is do any of you guys know a remote that has the capability of being able to move the mouse on the computer? right now in my theater room i'm unsing a universal 16 device remote to control theater but whenever i use computer in theater room to choose songs videos etc. I have to use my viewpoint wireless rf keyboard that has a mouse incorporated into it. is there a remote control out there that can be a universal remote but also control a computer via rf\be able to move the mouse and selct items, be nice to be able to control computer and theater\lights all from one remote, and only use keyboard if i choose to surf the net\type something which is very rare i would do that in the theater room.

thanks guys for all your help

Mr ChriZ

• :-D
« Reply #3 on: May 29, 2006, 02:16:05 pm »

Please see this thread for my comments about TV cards.

I hope other people can also chip in, especially on Remote controls. There used to be a lot of discussions on TV cards and remote controls on this board. It is too quiet nowadays. You might want to try searching the board to dig up some older discussions.

Yaobing your links broken

JimH

• Administrator
  • Where did I put my teeth?
« Reply #4 on: May 29, 2006, 04:07:29 pm »

Fixed, I think.
Pages: [1]   Go Up