INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: MC's image features vs other apps  (Read 1997 times)

Lt_Core

• Recent member
MC's image features vs other apps
« on: May 30, 2006, 09:16:04 pm »

Hi,

My 30-day demo ran out on MC. I only experimented with the music part of it (which I like). I just bought a new digital camera. How does MC's image features compare to Google's Picasa, HP's Image Zone, iPhoto, etc.? I would love to use one app as my media center (pun intended) but would like to know about its real-world image features from real users. Thanks!

Jeff

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
Re: MC's image features vs other apps
« Reply #1 on: May 30, 2006, 09:28:09 pm »

You might try MC just to learn for yourself.  You won't be disappointed.

Lt_Core

• Recent member
« Reply #2 on: May 30, 2006, 09:31:25 pm »

My demo is expired. I didn't get a chance to play with the image stuff. I'm not cheap   :) I'll probably end up getting it.

Can MC scan your hard drive for existing pictures or do I have to manually add them? Thanks for the help.

JimH

• Administrator
  • Where did I put my teeth?
« Reply #3 on: May 30, 2006, 09:32:34 pm »

You could try it on another PC.

IanG

« Reply #4 on: May 31, 2006, 03:32:50 am »

Can MC scan your hard drive for existing pictures or do I have to manually add them? Thanks for the help.

MC will scan your drives and add images to the library, just like any other media.  I keep a dedicated folder structure for my media and restrict MC to searching that - it's amazing how much rubbish you can accumulate on a PC!

Overall I'm very happy with MC as an organiser - it definitely repays the effort you put in to adding tag info.  The image editing features are a bit lightweight, but I don't think that's unreasonable given the price of MC v the price of dedicated apps. 

Ian G.

rpalmer68

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #5 on: May 31, 2006, 04:13:09 am »

And if it could upload albums to coppermine or other online gallery software it would be even better.

I know this was being worked on at one syage, but seemed to die a "natural" death.

JimH - Is this still on the cards?  (I'd be happy to test it)

I've started looking for other image management options as I need something that can manage my online gallery as well.

Still use MC for my audio and HTPC as it's does a reat job in that area.

Richard

Lt_Core

• Recent member
« Reply #6 on: June 05, 2006, 08:03:50 pm »

I'm finally a registered MC user. Great program! I added around 3600 photos to MC. I rotated a couple of images but it changed the date property (obviously). Unfortunately, it moved a 2003 photo to 2006, current date. Now I have to try and find out what the original dae was so I can fix the date property. Am I missing something?

MC scanned my hard drive very fast. I also made a view by month/year so if I'm looking for birthday photos I choose the b-day month then the year. Very cool! (newbie very happy with MC!).

Matt

• Administrator
  • Shoes gone again!
« Reply #7 on: June 05, 2006, 09:55:44 pm »

Make sure you're doing "Right-Click > Image > Rotate" (instead of using the editor)

This does a lossless JPEG rotation and should preserve the date, etc.
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

Lt_Core

• Recent member
« Reply #8 on: June 05, 2006, 10:03:34 pm »

Make sure you're doing "Right-Click > Image > Rotate" (instead of using the editor)

This does a lossless JPEG rotation and should preserve the date, etc.

That's what I was doing and it changed the date. I didn't know about an image editor.
Pages: [1]   Go Up