INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Corruption of Date field 11.1...  (Read 1360 times)

JONCAT

Corruption of Date field 11.1...
« on: June 03, 2006, 05:01:34 pm »

Anyone else see this:

1. Finding this in a TON of my Date (Year fields) when added through customize current view of Album tiles; some kind of library corruption:

1/1/1973 12:00 AM

The format is the same with various years plugged in. Some albums have all tracks date changed as noted, some not onl;y have two or three changed.

I think I have emptied (corrupted) date fields as well. I am using only Playing Now plugin.

DC

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
Re: Corruption of Date field 11.1...
« Reply #1 on: June 03, 2006, 09:01:27 pm »

You had some library problems earlier if I remember correctly, didn't you?

JONCAT

« Reply #2 on: June 03, 2006, 10:57:20 pm »

Yes, that turned out to be an MC bug; old libraries (prior to .4x?) would not restore with later builds. I didn't think you could enter anything besides a four digit year into the Date field.

Stranger still, using find and replace doesn't work:

1/1/1944 12:00 AM

-match case and try to rename above as nothing  for Date (Year) doesn't work; MC is not recognizing the entry although I am cutting and pasting directly from the field...? It seems like the same format as Date (Created) or (Modified).

Tried to update library from tags but it appears the tags have been changed and not the library.

I could have sworn that for Date (Year) you simply couldn't enter anything other than a year; this large date/time entry has me really confused. :-X

Dr. C

JONCAT

« Reply #3 on: June 03, 2006, 11:25:03 pm »

For some reason all these various sorting variables were added to each view scheme's sorting expressions: Date, Date Created, etc. . Even though the view schemes were set for Date (Year), these others popped in somehow and I forgot that they were seperate from the View Scheme settings. Still have NO idea how they got added though.....

Dr. C

scthom

« Reply #4 on: June 04, 2006, 11:13:02 am »

There was some mention of date corruption in flac files in this thread http://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php?topic=33352.0, but I could never trace it down to the flac plugins.  What format are the files you have problems with?

JONCAT

« Reply #5 on: June 04, 2006, 12:35:18 pm »

Currently, the Date problem I am having is 1899 is plugged into the FLAC file's Date (year) field.I have many FLAC files, some with 1899 and some which have the correct date.

thanks
DC

KingSparta

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #6 on: June 04, 2006, 02:56:56 pm »

Date problem I am having is 1899

that sounds like a MC9 bug, did you have the media files back during the MC9 vintage
Retired Military, Airborne, Air Assault, And Flight Wings.
Model Trains, Internet, Ham Radio
https://MyAAGrapevines.com
https://centercitybbs.com
Fayetteville, NC, USA

LonWar

« Reply #7 on: June 05, 2006, 07:53:54 am »

Anyone else see this:

1. Finding this in a TON of my Date (Year fields) when added through customize current view of Album tiles; some kind of library corruption:

1/1/1973 12:00 AM

The format is the same with various years plugged in. Some albums have all tracks date changed as noted, some not onl;y have two or three changed.

I think I have emptied (corrupted) date fields as well. I am using only Playing Now plugin.

DC

I have seen this as well.   I just started using Date(Year)   (I think) to solve it.

-

JONCAT

« Reply #8 on: June 05, 2006, 08:24:51 am »

That's the field I see 1899 in. I have never used MC9.

DC
Pages: [1]   Go Up