INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Streaming with FLAC causes memory error  (Read 855 times)

Motorhead

• Recent member
  • Valhalla we are coming!
Streaming with FLAC causes memory error
« on: June 10, 2006, 11:40:27 pm »

I am using a D-Link DSM-520 to play back music through my stereo, streaming from MC11 over a wireless network.  I never experienced an issue when my files were in WAV format, but since switching to FLAC I occasionally receive the error:

"The instruction at 0x07b36b73 referenced memory at 0x000076aa   The memory could not be 'read' 

Click OK to terminate the program. 
Click Cancel to debug the program"

Clicking either option produces no results (program does not end, nor does it debug).  The media player seems to start freezing, and sometimes stops after receiving this error.  The memory locatioin references are not always the same, and frequency increases over time.

I saw another memory issue in the forum, but it was on the ....0xffffff... end, indicating memory maxed out... this appears to be something different.  I un-installed, then re-installed MC11.  This did help for a while (less than 30 songs played), but the problem has re-surfaced, and again is increasing in frequency (about every 2 songs).

Any help would be greatly appreciated.  I will be away from my machine for about a week, but will be happy to send back any information that will help.

Thanks,
Motorhead

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
Re: Streaming with FLAC causes memory error
« Reply #1 on: June 11, 2006, 08:01:35 am »

Make sure you have the right FLAC plug-in.  Check the FLAC thread here.
Pages: [1]   Go Up