INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Cannot display CR2 files through UPnP Media Server  (Read 805 times)

bkhoyt

Cannot display CR2 files through UPnP Media Server
« on: June 11, 2006, 09:02:03 pm »

I just installed the trial version of Media Center and my MP3's play great both locally (on the PC) and through Media Server to DLink DSM-320. The problem is with my ~3000 images. I shoot everything in RAW (Canon CR2) format and would like to be able to view these via the DSM-320. I receive a "unsupported format" on the DSM-320 and the log file for Media Center seems to indicate that the files are not being converted:

06/11/06 19:36:34 - Sharing (without conversion): D:\My Documents\My Pictures\2006\Birthdays\Sydney\IMG_2814.CR2

I figured if the images viewed fine through Media Center on the PC (which they do) then they would be converted before being sent to the DSM-320. I couldn't find an option in Media Center to enable conversion for images. What am I missing?

Thanks in advance for any assistance,
Brian

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
Re: Cannot display CR2 files through UPnP Media Server
« Reply #1 on: June 12, 2006, 07:09:55 am »

There is no image conversion option at this time.  We hope to do this in a future version.  For now, you could set up a second library, cloning from the first, then convert your images.  Do a few before you do very many and check that your originals are still OK.
Pages: [1]   Go Up