INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Anyone gotten MC to work with Sony Ericsson W810i ?  (Read 3206 times)

bebbetufs

• Recent member
Anyone gotten MC to work with Sony Ericsson W810i ?
« on: June 17, 2006, 02:59:42 am »

I can't get MC to search the Memory Stick of my W810i.
The card is reckognised and correct space is quoted, but no files found and transfer fails due to
MC claiming that the file type is unsupportedd (mp3)

Any clues?

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
Re: Anyone gotten MC to work with Sony Ericsson W810i ?
« Reply #1 on: June 17, 2006, 06:47:56 am »

What version of MC are you using?  You can copy your system info from MC Help and paste it here.

Is that a phone?  Did MC ask if you wanted to treat it as a media device?

bebbetufs

• Recent member
« Reply #2 on: June 17, 2006, 10:21:39 am »

Thanks for your quick reply!

I'll try to explain what's going on.

I'm using MC11.1
The device is a Sony Ericsson mobile phone.
The phone is set to "File" mode which means it works like an ordinary USB stick.
The phone is reckognised as a portable device and both the internal memory and the 2 GB memory stick duo card is in the menu under "drives&devices". Both also show in the "action menu"

Both cards also show in windows explorer and in total commander.
However. When disconnecting and reconnecting the phone it does not delete and reuse the old drive letters. Instead they are kept, and new driveletters assigned. I thus have an ever increasing list of removable drives, of which only the two last are real. This makes me suspect that windows is seriously scr***ed and that I need to do a clean install...Anyways...

When I select the Memory Stick MC correctly states a size of 2GB. It does not, however, reckognize any of the files. When I try to transfer files to the card I get a "filetype not supported" message.

I've tried to alter the path of the music files under "Options" to mirror the structure I've used on the card, which is :\MP3\Artist\Album\... but no difference.

JimH

• Administrator
  • Where did I put my teeth?
« Reply #3 on: June 17, 2006, 12:11:42 pm »

What version of MC are you using?  You can copy your system info from MC Help and paste it here.

The build number is important, too.

The additional drive letter problem is very strange.

Before you spend much time on it, try dragging MP3 files to the right directory in Windows Explorer and see if they show up on the handheld at all.  They may or may not.

bebbetufs

• Recent member
« Reply #4 on: June 21, 2006, 05:33:51 am »

Sorry for the long wait. I've been very busy working and watching World Cup games  ;D
The  build number is 11.1.183.

I'll try the dragging and dropping stunt later, but as I said the files are transferred without problems when using Total Commander.

bebbetufs

• Recent member
« Reply #5 on: July 25, 2006, 02:49:01 am »

I finally had time to do a clean install of Windows XP...
The problem persists.
MC finds the phone and shows both the internal memory and the memory stick as separate devices.

When I connect to the internal memory it lists the files properly..when connected to the memory stick it shows no files, but states that only 176 MB of 2 GB is free, which is correct...

The funny thing is that when I browse the phone via My Computer in MC it shows all the files and folders..

My folder structure on the Memory Stick is root:\MP3\[artist]\[album]

bebbetufs

• Recent member
« Reply #6 on: November 06, 2006, 03:41:59 pm »

Problem still not solved in latest build...

SwellGuy

« Reply #7 on: November 08, 2006, 09:15:54 am »

Can you turn on handheld logging only, shutdown MC, restart MC and after the devices appear in the tree, send me the log file (rick at jriver).

Logging is found under the Help menu.

Thanks,
Rick

raldo

« Reply #8 on: November 18, 2006, 11:27:20 am »

Bebbetufs,

I just received my SE w810i and I am synching a playlist to it as we speak.

I did get a message "incorrect file format" on my first try, but that corrected itself when I reconnected the USB disk where i keep my music.

One thing, though, that I find strange, is that the mp3 folder is listed as "read only" in windows explorer (WE). This cannot be changed using WE.

Did you install the drivers from the SE install disk?

Anyways, If anyone's interested, I made a debug log with hand held only selected.

Comment on the debug:

I reconnected the USB external during the log sometimes. You should be able to se the original error message that Bebbetufs also seems to have seen.

bebbetufs

• Recent member
« Reply #9 on: January 16, 2007, 02:33:25 am »

I kinda gave up on this, but decided to try again in MC12...no go..
MC only detects the internal memory of the phone and not the 2GB Sony Memory Stick.
The stick shows after adding it by manually setting the path, but no files are read.

Folder structure on Card is: k:\MP3\artist\album\
Log file attached: or rather, should be attached, but your uploads directory is set to read only!

Pages: [1]   Go Up