INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Dissapearing playlist  (Read 1205 times)

lemvigh

• Recent member
  • Change this by choosing profile
Dissapearing playlist
« on: June 27, 2006, 05:29:26 pm »

I had several playlists and it took me hours to create them, then after rearranging the physical files with MC's rename files, all the playlists where empty... (nice design!) Are there any cleartext playlist files, where I might be lucky to find my playlists or are they gone forever?

I'm using MC 10.0.173

Thanks
Morten

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
Re: Dissapearing playlist
« Reply #1 on: June 27, 2006, 06:44:57 pm »

Are you running Media Server and editing playlists on a client?  That won't work.  MC client is read only in that case.

lemvigh

• Recent member
« Reply #2 on: June 28, 2006, 07:32:20 am »

I don't think I'm running any server... I just bought Media Center 10 for some 20-30$ (don't remember). Guess it's the client?!

I just puzzles me, that I can change the filenames from within the program, and the playlists created in the same program doesn't get updated automaticly

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
« Reply #3 on: June 28, 2006, 08:21:56 am »

If you're changing filenames in a playlist, the playlist won't find them anymore.  Is that what you mean?

JONCAT

« Reply #4 on: June 28, 2006, 08:44:22 am »

I agree with Jim, but it's all the more reason that MC should have an active playlist that changes as the user makes changes to the files or tags. Too many times I have lost playlists. Sometimes mysteriously but people are going to chnage drives or move files around (then your stuck with an invalid m3u). MC would be great with a more adevanced playlist system that cvould adapt to these changes.

DC

lemvigh

• Recent member
« Reply #5 on: August 01, 2006, 03:16:11 am »

Sounds just like my problem. So the question is: Is the contents of the playlist deleted, when MC can't find the music, or could I find some m3u files somewhere just to see, what tracks where on the lists?

Pages: [1]   Go Up