INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: My Experiences with UPNP clients & MC and another UPNP Problem  (Read 2196 times)

mats2508

• Recent member

Hi,

since over one year i am going with UPNP. I have several clients and checked out som several servers. Finally, MC is the best Multimedia Application I know and itīs working fine with more than 35.000 Audiofiles.
I love the UPNP thing. In the beginning Iīve got a lot of problems with connecting to the upnp server, but after new installing WINDOWS XP and MC it works ... mostly ;) By the way, the fastest application - I think - is TWONKY, but MC gives me definitly more things! But also some problems with my clients  ;D
Here are my expieriences:
1. NETGEAR mp101: Works fine with MC, but I have sometimes some "lost conenction" errors.
The sound of the analog output ist quite good!
2. PHLLIPPS Streamium 300 + 400. Works often also fine, but after switch on the the unit, itīs sometimes heavely to get in to MC. The MEDIA CENTER is displayed, but it shows only the AUDIO Files and no VIDEO or PICTURE files. I donīt know why.
3. PHILLIPPS SL5500. The MC is at the beginning displayed, but this client canīt get a connection to server ... until one time. The sound is not so fine like the MP101
4. NOXON2: I think this works(when itīs connected), but sometimes i canīt select MC. Itīs also displayed, but nothing happens. The sound is good. I also love the in-built Internet RAdio function and the digital output.
5. DSM100: no comment. My DSM does not work fine.
6. NEVO with HEWLETT PACKARD Handheld. I think, one time Iīve got a connection ...

I like to know:

1. why I canīt use the STEAMIUMS only with audio and not with Video and Pictures?
2. why itīs sometimes soooo heavy to get working the NOXON2 with the MC?
3. Is it possible to stream the same music to the client, I am listening directly at the same time in MC?
4. How can i improve the speed of the interacting between the clients and MC?
5. Is it possible to stream the Live TV to the upnp clients?

I would be happy, if the UPNP function will be improved in the future. The Idea is so great and thanks for this feature!

Matthias

John Gateley

• Citizen of the Universe
  • Nice haircut
Re: My Experiences with UPNP clients & MC and another UPNP Problem
« Reply #1 on: July 24, 2006, 09:37:46 am »

Hi Matthias,

What version of MC are you using? Could you post your system info here?

You can stream videos to the Streamiums, but they must be a supported format.

It's not currently possible to stream the same music as you are playing, nor to play live TV.

Thanks,

j

Slothskin

• Recent member
  • Mining EngineerMusic, electronics
« Reply #2 on: July 24, 2006, 06:10:12 pm »

I'd appreciate some help in getting MC to work as a UPnP server with the XBMC client. Xbox Media Center has recently addded UPnP support but it can't seem to connect to the MC server. I tried Nero Mediahome and it was recognised immediately by XBMC.

The list of servers XBMC is reported to support is at : http://www.xbmc.xbox-scene.com/wiki/index.php?title=UPnP_Sharing

Has anyone been able to get XBMC to use the MC UPnP server ?

Thanks

John Gateley

• Nice haircut
« Reply #3 on: July 25, 2006, 10:19:55 am »

Hi Slothskin,

The last time I looked at this, xbox did NOT support the UPnP features we need to play on it, and instead they supported a Microsoft Proprietary protocol, "Windows Connect" or something?, that provided this functionality.

Where did you see that UPnP is now supported? I'd love to get it working. If it's still Windows Connect, I'll work on it when I get a chance.

j

Valisystem

• Junior Woodchuck
  • nothing more to say...
« Reply #4 on: July 26, 2006, 01:06:44 am »

This looked interesting until I re-read the linked page. It doesn't look like there's any change in the XBox itself. The page describes the UPNP capabilities of an open-source media player named "XBox Media Center" that can be installed on a hacked XBox. Not quite what I was hoping for . . .

Lasse_Lus

MT5FR

John Gateley

• Nice haircut
« Reply #6 on: July 26, 2006, 10:00:00 am »

Sorry.. I missed the URL the first time around. I'll take a look.

j

britade

« Reply #7 on: August 11, 2006, 02:44:14 am »

Hi John,

I'm interested to hear how the work on interoperability with Xbox Media Center (XBMC) uPNP support is coming on or whether there is a workaround (such as setting some of the MC uPNP plugins options).

Adrian.
Pages: [1]   Go Up