INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Ex Itunes user, need a little help  (Read 978 times)

edgley

• Recent member
Ex Itunes user, need a little help
« on: July 24, 2006, 01:23:27 pm »

Hi all,

I have searched and read the FAQ's before asking this, as I cannt believe I am the first.

When I add an album in Itunes, I can tag it compilation, so it appears under what MC calls Multiple artists.
How do I set this for MC please and can I change the name to Compilation?
I have found the Mix Album field, which seems to be the one, but I cannt change it

Another thing I used was Itunes file management. Does MC offer a similar thing? I have only been without it for a little while and choas is already setting in.

Thanks,

Simon.

KingSparta

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
Re: Ex Itunes user, need a little help
« Reply #1 on: July 24, 2006, 01:36:08 pm »

Some Fields You Can Not Delete (Standard Fields)

You Can Always Add A User Field

Once A Field Is Created You Can't Change The Name But you Can Change The Display Name.

Or You Can Delete A User Created Field And Add It Back In If You need To Change The Name

Retired Military, Airborne, Air Assault, And Flight Wings.
Model Trains, Internet, Ham Radio
https://MyAAGrapevines.com
https://centercitybbs.com
Fayetteville, NC, USA

BartMan01

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
Re: Ex Itunes user, need a little help
« Reply #2 on: July 25, 2006, 02:29:58 am »

I think the field you are looking for is 'Album Artist' and 'Album Artist (Auto)'.  'Album Artist (Auto)' should automatically be filled in with either the artists name or '(Multiple Artists)'.  This field can be overridden by an entry in 'Album Artist' in the event that you want an album with different 'Artist' entries to appear from just one artist.

For albums to work 'properly' in MC, they need to each be in their own unique directory on the disk.  You can use the rename from properties command to automate this.  Once this is done, the additional album fields (like 'complete album') become useful.

MC is much more powerful than iTunes, but as such it is more complex to use.  Good news is that you can do practically anything you can think of.

What exactly does iTunes 'file management' allow you to do that you can't find in MC?  MC lets you do just about anything you want with your files, and even cleans up empty directories after itself if you tell it to.
Pages: [1]   Go Up