INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Creative Vision M Futher sync problems  (Read 1187 times)

locomobile

• Recent member
Creative Vision M Futher sync problems
« on: August 09, 2006, 05:03:42 am »

I have recently posted about problems transfering video files to the vision M, so far no replies. I now have more problems, I formatted the vision m using MC  (latest build), and put some MP3 files on, still no luck with video. If I explore the MP3 files on the vision m using MC, I can see them and view details including album art, but at the bottom of the pane the file name is shown with a file not found message. The files  on the vision m also will not play via MC but MP3 files either in MC's library or on the PC's hard drive play fine.. WMP11 works fine though, seeing and playing all the files on the vision m and transfering the video.
I am certain that the video transfered when I first installed MC and also the MP3 files played. Any thoughts?
David

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
Re: Creative Vision M Futher sync problems
« Reply #1 on: August 09, 2006, 06:44:03 am »

I don't know much about this, but I do know that firmware can be an issue.  Also, whether or not it's being used in MTP (Microsoft Transfer Protocol) transfer mode.

SwellGuy

« Reply #2 on: August 09, 2006, 04:58:34 pm »

Currently, MC doesn't have playback functionality of MTP devices, so you won't be able to play tracks on the Vision:M via MC. We were unable to due this with WMP10 or WMP11 as well. We do offer playback for drive-based players like the iPod.

Can you send me (rick at jriver dot com) a small sample of a video file that you think was working but no longer does.

locomobile

• Recent member
« Reply #3 on: August 09, 2006, 06:10:02 pm »

Thanks for your help. currently it is any or all video files. It does not matter which format. They have all been successfully transfered using Creative software or WMP 11 and failed with MC. I have used MPEG, AVI, DIVX and WMV of the correct type and codec.
Thanks
David
Pages: [1]   Go Up