INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Bugs with MediaJukeBox and Nomad IIc?  (Read 1025 times)

Sunil

Bugs with MediaJukeBox and Nomad IIc?
« on: September 13, 2002, 04:38:49 am »

Hi.

A month ago after buying an extra external card for my Nomad IIc, I had no problem seeing and downloading files into either external or internal card as I wanted.

Now, however, with the same program, and no changes, here is what I am experiencing:

(1)  When I try to "SendTo" with the right mouse on an album or playlist, instead of giving me the option of the internal or external card, I simply get the option to upload to the "Nomad II".

(2) When I look at the Nomad IIc, I cannot browse either internal or external card (empty browse screen).  Instead I see that it shows me the amount of memory available, but will not show me the files.

(3)  Worse, since i am not allowed to determine the card to upload to, it automatically choses internal every time.

I am using 8.0.329

Help!  My wife is about to abandon my setup because of this!!!!

Sunil

Sunil

RE:Bugs with MediaJukeBox and Nomad IIc?
« Reply #1 on: September 13, 2002, 04:45:14 am »

Additional points/problems:

(1)  I have found that one way around this "bug" is to drag and drop the files right onto the left window pane list of devices.  This is appearing to work.  However, sento should still give me the option of which device.

(2)  I have no way to see what files are actually on both memory cards.  When I click on a card, I do not get a view of the files uploaded.  This is a problem because I'd like to be able to see, delete, move around the files if necessary.

Sunil

Steve

« Reply #2 on: September 13, 2002, 06:43:06 am »

Sunil,

Nothing has changed with the Plug-in for a few months so if everything was working well before, it is hard to explain why it is not now. There have been some changes in MJ that might affect Plug-ins, so I would suggest updating to at least version 8.0.365 so that we can be sure we are comparing the same versions.

I tested this morning on Windows 2000 with a Nomad IIc and 8.0.365 using the standalone drivers from www.nomadworld.com for the Nomad II and everything seemed fine. My IIc only has a removable card, but I was able to see it enumerated fine and could browse on the tree to find it. My Nomad II MG which has Internal and External memory has died so I can not test this.

Can you..

1) Verify for me what Operating System you are running.

2) Be sure you have installed the standalone drivers from Creative's site.

3) Get 8.0.365 or later MJ

After this, please let me know how it is going and we can try to troubleshoot it from there.

Steve

Sunil

« Reply #3 on: September 13, 2002, 10:22:24 am »

Will do!

FYI, I realize now that i had this same problem before.  I did the same thing I rediscovered today.. namely I simply dragged and dropped the files onto my exernal or internal card, but could not otherwise look at the cards or use the sendto-> option to send it correctly.

I will definitely check things out though.

Sunil

p.s.  I know I have the correct drivers installed.  Those are working fine.

Sunil

« Reply #4 on: September 15, 2002, 07:01:13 am »

Okay, here is the status--

I downloaded 370, installed, and again I am able to see both Internal and External cards!!!  That part is fine.

Problem still:  Unless i explicitly drag and drop music files onto the internal or external card, the sendto-> function does not work.  If I right click on a playlist, select sendto->device->nomad, I do not get to select internal or external card.

This is a bit annoying since obviously I can drag and drop right onto the cards.  I should be able to see both the cards in my nomad and select which one to drop onto.

I don't know whether this is a "bug" or "enhancement" but I think it is something that a person would obviously think woudl work.

Cheers.

Sunil

Steve

« Reply #5 on: September 16, 2002, 08:36:39 am »

Sunil,

Under the current design, you should be able to select "Send-to" immediately for your Nomad and the files will be sent to a default location(Intenrnal Memory if it exists, otherwise External). Please let me know if this is not the case.

Your argument that all the possible paths should be available from the right-click is reasonable but we did not implement it currently because of some other issues it would introduce.

We will look at improving this for version 9.

Thanks,

Steve
Pages: [1]   Go Up