INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: another recorder question  (Read 1054 times)

dave

another recorder question
« on: September 12, 2002, 09:05:31 pm »

when i record an album as wav files, the tracks are named correctly, but media jukebox doesn't recognize the artist or album.  how/ where is this information stored?  why isn't it recognized when using the audio recorder?

JimH

• Citizen of the Universe
  • Miller drives a tall-masted tractor on the ocean
RE:another recorder question
« Reply #1 on: September 13, 2002, 07:53:26 am »

Dave,
Please try the Help file in MJ or the Help above.
Jim Hillegass
JRiver Media Center / Media Jukebox

JohnT

« Reply #2 on: September 13, 2002, 07:56:31 am »

In the audio recorder dialog, you need to fill in the correct artist/album names prior to recording.

- John T.

dave

« Reply #3 on: September 13, 2002, 09:18:39 am »

i did fill in the artist and album in the dialogue.  it seems that if this is filled in before the track info is added, the tags are correctly filled, but if the artist and album is entered after the track info, the information is not correctly tagged.  could this be a bug?

JohnT

« Reply #4 on: September 13, 2002, 10:29:55 am »

I can't seem to duplicate that problem here. I'm using MJ 8.0.370. Here are the steps I took:

1. open record dialog, line-in is the recording source, windows media is the encoder
2. click the track button and add a few track names, click ok
3. back on the record dialog enter artist, album names
4. record a couple of tracks

After this procedure, the tracks show up in the proper artist/album place in the media library. Can you post your system info here and describe the steps you are taking (along with the encoder type) when you experience the problem?

Thanks,
John T.
JRiver, Inc.

dave

« Reply #5 on: September 13, 2002, 11:06:22 am »

i cant seem to replicate exactly what was happening before, but i am having the following problem: if the music stops playing and I am not at the computer to stop recording immediately, the recorder will keep creating blank tracks and giving errors that it cannot move the tracks from the temp folder.  eventually the program will crash and I will have to force quit from the menu bar. after crashing the files have been recorded and moved into the correct folder, but they do not appear in the jukebox library.  when they are played, the artist and album information is missing.

I am using window's XP and encoding directly to wav.

JohnT

« Reply #6 on: September 13, 2002, 01:37:36 pm »

I haven't been able to duplicate this yet here. I tried on an XP machine and on my Win2K machine. I'll try some more on Monday. Any other details you can give me would be helpful. For example, what recording source are you using and what are the settings on the sound recorder setup dialog? Also, post your system info (from the MJ help menu).

Thanks,
John T.

dave

« Reply #7 on: September 13, 2002, 04:33:33 pm »

i am away for the weekend so i can't get to my computer but i will try to give as much info as i can.    i am recording from the mixer (turtle beach santa cruz sound card).  the minimum gap was at 1000 ms i believe and the silence level is at 4.

JohnT

« Reply #8 on: September 16, 2002, 09:16:27 am »

A couple of thoughts:

A minimum gap of 1000ms is pretty short, usually the default (2200ms) or greater works better. With your setting, just a one second quiet spot in the music will cause a track split.

Using the mixer for recording source, you should make sure that you're not getting extraneous signals from other recording sources such as the microphone. Go into the windows mixer control (make sure you're in the recording options, not playback) and mute or deselect all the sources that you don't need. If you're recording from the line-in jack on the sound card, you should choose the "line-in" source rather than "mixer". See the "line-in recording tips" on the help menu on this page for more info on using the windows mixer controls.

- John T.
JRiver, Inc.
Pages: [1]   Go Up