INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Trying to Restore  (Read 1032 times)

William Larson

Trying to Restore
« on: August 13, 2006, 08:53:14 pm »

having not used Media Center for a long time I needed to restore it as I have had to reformat my computer several times for different reasons.  I keep clicking on the restore button and it downloaded a file but XP doesn't reconize the extention ".mjr ".  So I have clicked on it so many times that I have only 3 restores left and yet none has been downloaded  so I can use it.  What do I do next?

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
Re: Trying to Restore
« Reply #1 on: August 13, 2006, 08:54:28 pm »

Install MC first and it should grab the mjr file type.  What version of MC are you installing?  Is that the same as your license?

Please see this page for information about license problems:
http://www.jrmediacenter.com/purchase.html

jagdriver

• World Citizen
« Reply #2 on: August 29, 2006, 02:22:53 pm »

I, too, have had to restore my copy of MC on my non-Internet connected PC. On my Internet PC, I downloaded and installed the most recent build this morning. It reports that it is registered (hooray). But in searching the latter system for a *.mjr file, I learn that there isn't one. So how can i restore the other system (the non-Internet PC) without a *.mjr file?

Thanks

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
« Reply #3 on: August 29, 2006, 02:25:40 pm »

From the link above you can find this:
http://www.jrmediacenter.com/buy_faq11.html

and on that page, you'll find this:
Q: Can I save the Install Key instead of installing it directly?
A: Yes. You can right click on the link following purchase [or restore], then choose "save as" instead of clicking on it. Then, in Windows Explorer, just double click on the file to install it.

jagdriver

• World Citizen
« Reply #4 on: August 29, 2006, 02:31:08 pm »

Got it, thanks. It had been awhile since I had to do this and forgot that I need to right-click the registration key and do a Save As. I now have the .mjr file and am all set. Thanks!
Pages: [1]   Go Up