INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Analyze audio is slow...  (Read 1541 times)

dcwebman

• Citizen of the Universe
Analyze audio is slow...
« on: August 15, 2006, 12:44:43 pm »

I selected all my audio files (3376) and tried Analyze Audio to see if I had missed any. Sure enough it said there were 58 files that needed to be done. I made sure Skip Analyzed Files was checked and then clicked Analyze.  The progress bar started but the "0/58 completed" on the right didn't change. It then suddenly jumped to 58 completed but there were still Queued up files in the list.

I clicked Analyze again and this time the progress bar, "0/58 completed", and the Queue/Progress display box worked as expected. I stopped the analyze to see if I could reproduce it, but this time after a long, long wait and only the progress bar moving, everything started working as expected.

After it said completed even though the last file showed only 99%, there was still a long, long wait (like 5-10 minutes) before it actually finished so I could do anything else. It seems like it really can't figure out how to skip analyzed files as this should be a quick process.
Jeff

Alex B

• MC Beta Team
  • The Cosmic Bird
Re: Analyze audio is slow...
« Reply #1 on: August 15, 2006, 01:39:21 pm »

For some reason MC's analysis tool cannot instantly detect the already analyzed files similarly like the "Task - needs audio analysis" smartlist does.

An earlier discussion is here: http://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php?topic=32023.0.

I tested the speed with MC11.1 (the files were on a fast local drive):

I tried this with a subset of my library: 1986 already analyzed files (12.1 GB, 6.5 days).

It took 3 minutes 33 seconds to go through them = a bit over 0.1 s for each file.

I have no idea if this is normal (never tried it before).

MC 11.1.123 / 2.8 GHz P4.
The Cosmic Bird - a triple merger of galaxies: http://eso.org/public/news/eso0755

dcwebman

Re: Analyze audio is slow...
« Reply #2 on: August 15, 2006, 05:26:21 pm »

Can someone from JRiver confirm if this is a bug or not? The dialog box that comes up showing the files that are Done and Queued knows what needs to be done, their names, and how many there are. It looks like even if skip analyzed files is checked it still passes the entire list of filenames to the Analyze procedure instead of the filtered list of files. Thanks.
Jeff
Pages: [1]   Go Up