INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Media Center 11.1.194  (Read 7548 times)

DarkPenguin

• Citizen of the Universe
Media Center 11.1.194
« on: August 16, 2006, 02:28:41 pm »

This is the latest version of MC 11.1.  Your MC11.0 license will work with it.  Please post bugs here.  Please start a new thread for anything requiring discussion.  Non-bug posts will be deleted or moved.  MC11.1 is a free upgrade from MC11.0.

If you're new to MC11, please use the build from our download page here:
http://www.jrmediacenter.com/download.html

This latest build (usually safe) of MC11.1 is here:
ftp://ftp.jriver.com/pub/downloads/music/MediaCenter111194.exe

MC History

11.1.194 (8/16/2006)

1. Fixed: File ordering inside albums on an iPod could show up alphabetical instead of in disc # / track # order.
2. Fixed: Internet image lookup was not working properly.

11.1.193 (8/14/2006)

1. Changed: Switching zones no longer ensures that Media Center is visible.
2. Changed: Media Center 11.1 will work with a Media Center 12 license.

11.1.192 (8/11/2006)

1. Fixed: Several iPod database corruption problems.
2. Changed: Removed Audible device activation/deactivation.
3. Changed: Improved capabilities for transfering Audible files to devices (device must be activated by Audible).

11.1.191 (8/3/2006)

1. Fixed: IE 7 beta 3 should now work with MC 11.1.

11.1.190 (7/27/2006)

1. Changed: Double-clicking an empty playing now no longer shows Access Control filtered files. (even though they wouldn't play)
2. Fixed: Removing an MJMD tag from an image that had other unknown appid blocks after the tag could cause an issue.
3. Fixed: Problems with iPod's with the latest firmware (or updated via iPod Updater 2006-06-28).

11.1.189 (7/20/2006)

1. Changed: Revised messaging on install when a previous version was detected.
2. Fixed: When a library would fail to load, the prompt for restoring a library backup was not working properly.
3. Fixed: The uninstall icon in Control Panel could be incorrect.
4. Changed: Increased the minimum size of the OSD. (again)
5. Changed: Updated the Czech translation. (thanks Johnny B)
6. Changed: Updated the Korean translation. (thanks Junghwan)
7. Fixed: Audible Podcasting extension set to mp3 and thus failed to play.

11.1.188 (6/19/2006)

1. Fixed: Running the launcher (MC11.exe) when a different version of Media Center was already running on the system could cause a crash.
2. Changed: Increased the minimum size of the OSD.
3. Fixed: Made date parsing in Podcast feeds more forgiving. ( fixes http://www.bigpoker.ca/Rounders_rssfeed.xml )

11.1.187 (6/16/2006)

1. Fixed: MC would occasionally crash when playing certain .MOV files.
2. Fixed: Closing MC while some modeless dialogs were open (like Plugin Manager) could cause a crash.
3. Fixed: Added support for bmp, gif, jpe, jpeg, png, tif & tiff file types for iPods supporting photos.

11.1.186 (6/7/2006)

1. Changed: Pressing "Play" to play visible files when the tree was focused wouldn't honor a user search.
2. Fixed: iPod Nano model # MA353LL/A was not properly detected.
3. Changed: Library views of "Albums" no longer group all albums with the same name together.
4. NEW: Updated the Spanish translation. (thanks Alfredo!)
5. NEW: Updated the German translation. (thanks bytestar!)
6. Changed: "Album Thumbnails" are sorted internally by track number instead of the same sorting as the current view.
7. Fixed: Switching to a non-playing zone while certain visualizations were showing could cause a crash.
8. NEW: Czech language translation added. (thanks Johnny B!)

wilfredjg

• World Citizen
Re: Media Center 11.1.194
« Reply #1 on: August 16, 2006, 05:22:48 pm »

Finishing ripping Jimi Hendrix Smash Hit after ripping tried to download cover art. Nothing. No cover Art

zxsix

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #2 on: August 16, 2006, 06:00:22 pm »

11.1.194 (8/16/2006)

2. Fixed: Internet image lookup was not working properly.

No love here either.   I still get no art at all.
Here's a small sample of the albums I tried.
Some new, some old, almost all well known, simple titles, all appear on amazon.com

Cinderella - Night Songs
Disturbed - Believe
Disturbed - The Sickness
From First to Last - Heroine
Morningwood - Morningwood
Nickelback - The Long Road
The Format - Interventions and Lullabies

tombert

• Galactic Citizen
How to stop encoding?
« Reply #3 on: August 17, 2006, 02:00:25 am »

The encoding wont stop (in the Task Manager there is still lame doing its job) when I delete files from the playlist.

In detail: I have a playlist for my portable and I configured to encode to lower bitrate. Cause my portable is only USB1 the encoding is much faster than the uploading- so I wanted to stop encoding and finish uploading by deleting files from the playlist that have not been encoded yet. The status column didn't show any encoding action any more (except uploading) - but still lame is using resources (Task Manager).

regards ...

4BYE

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #4 on: August 17, 2006, 03:42:47 am »

"Media Center 11.1 will work with a Media Center 12 license"

That's good news, I guess it means MC 12 will be coming soon!?

Best regards,

Theo

skylarplane

• Galactic Citizen
  • nothing more to say...
« Reply #5 on: August 17, 2006, 04:09:58 pm »

One of things that happens to me ,if no art cover can be found, MC arbitrally will select 'a particular art cover' in my art file and apply it to my newest download to MC.  I then have to remove it, I usually then go to Amazon to find the correct cover, download it to the cover art file then attach it to the new downloaded music.  This has been happening for quite some time.

Thanks, Skylar

ForsakenArdor

• Junior Woodchuck
  • I hate Jay Leno.
« Reply #6 on: August 18, 2006, 03:26:17 am »

I'm currently using 11.1.186 and I tend not to download every update because 1) it takes a long time and 2) I don't want to mess with something that's working for me.  But I just noticed this yesterday.

I've posted about this problem in the past about how my list view settings (column widths, sorting order, shown fields, etc.) get reset to the default views after a crash.  Last night, it wasn't a crash, but my computer shutting off after my circuit breaker went off (computer + 2 DVRs + microwave + toaster oven = ...).

When I booted up again, I had to fix the sorting under Customize Current View, and then the column widths, and after everything's fixed, I go back to Customize Current View and click on what I believe was "Save This View -- For All Locations".  But the save view thing was gone.  There was only a button that said "Reset View".  And that didn't do what I wanted...

How do I get my view settings to be the same wherever I look?  Is it a broken feature or was it changed to something else I can still do?  Also, is it possible to change the default view so that when you press the "reset view" button, it changes everything the way you like it in case it gets changed?  Thanks.

dcwebman

« Reply #7 on: August 18, 2006, 07:11:06 am »

When I booted up again, I had to fix the sorting under Customize Current View, and then the column widths, and after everything's fixed, I go back to Customize Current View and click on what I believe was "Save This View -- For All Locations".  But the save view thing was gone.  There was only a button that said "Reset View".  And that didn't do what I wanted...
That feature was removed a long time ago with no real explanation why. Many people, yours included, have asked for it back but we have never received a reply. The only thing you can do is go to every one of your views and change it. The fastest way is to use the Preset button to save a view and then you can load it at every one of your views that you want changed.
Jeff

wilfredjg

• World Citizen
« Reply #8 on: August 18, 2006, 03:05:15 pm »

While playing music I get this message box.  at the top of the box it says Playing Now in the message box it has a yellow triangle and says The Data Base Field 'Bios' Does Not Exist. Does anyone know what this means. I have played eight songs and had to hit ok to this message 8 times.

ForsakenArdor

• Junior Woodchuck
  • I hate Jay Leno.
« Reply #9 on: August 18, 2006, 03:48:33 pm »

That feature was removed a long time ago with no real explanation why. Many people, yours included, have asked for it back but we have never received a reply. The only thing you can do is go to every one of your views and change it. The fastest way is to use the Preset button to save a view and then you can load it at every one of your views that you want changed.

That's odd.  I actually did use the presets for sorting and visible fields, but I still have to resize the columns (auto-resizing is still too wide for me).  There's enough room for 5 1/2 stars...  Anyway, here's another vote to bring the feature back.

capnizzy

• Recent member
« Reply #10 on: August 19, 2006, 02:09:20 pm »

I have upgraded to version 11.1.194 but still having problems downloading album cover art images.  I have tried downloading images for Tom Petty, Eddie Brickell, Bruce Springsteen, etc... However, ever since upgrading a few weeks back, I can not get album art images to download. Even after upgrading to the latest version today... still the same issue.
Please help
Thanks !!!

donaldjcase

« Reply #11 on: August 19, 2006, 11:32:39 pm »

After upgrading from Media Julkebox to Media Centor 11.1.194, although my 60gb photo ipod successfully syncs (via firewire) with all its playlists, my 4gb nano returns "error" status after attempting to sync (via usb) a single song in its playlist. What gives?

Myron

• World Citizen
« Reply #12 on: August 20, 2006, 07:45:18 pm »

I ripped 7 CDs today and MC crashed while looking up CD info from YADB on three of the discs.

MC didn't find images for any of the CDs.

Here's the CDs:

Artist - Album   Files
Bullitnuts - A Different Ball Game   12
Cannonball Adderley - Somethin' Else [RVG Edition 1999]   6
Freddie Hubbard - Reddie For Freddie [RVG Edition 2004]   7
Gotan Project - La Revancha del Tango   10
Nightmares on Wax - Carboot Soul   13
Ursula 1000 - Kinda' Kinky   14
Various Artists - Dirty Martini   15

goodog

• Recent member
« Reply #13 on: August 21, 2006, 06:54:26 am »

I have upgraded to version 11.1.194 but still having problems downloading album cover art images.  I have tried downloading images for Tom Petty, Eddie Brickell, Bruce Springsteen, etc... However, ever since upgrading a few weeks back, I can not get album art images to download. Even after upgrading to the latest version today... still the same issue.
Please help
Thanks !!!

Hi Capnizzy

I have the same problem with downloading album art directly via MC11 so I downloaded the Album Art Finder plugin, it's listed in the plugins section, and that works a treat, it's a bit clumsy to work at first but when you get used to it, it;s really good and works pretty much every time.........and I have some very obscure albums and it found cover art for them.......I hope this has been of some use to you anyway. :D

lalittle

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #14 on: August 21, 2006, 05:32:50 pm »

2. Changed: Removed Audible device activation/deactivation.

Why was this feature removed?  Does this mean that we once again need "Audible Manager" to activate devices?  I was hoping to FINALLY be able to completely get rid of Audible Manager.

3. Changed: Improved capabilities for transfering Audible files to devices (device must be activated by Audible).

Could you possibly give some details on what the "improved capabilities for transferring" actually are?  I can't tell what this refers to.

Thanks,

Larry

gappie

« Reply #15 on: August 23, 2006, 05:03:14 am »

guess i have a small bug.

i use a 1050 X 1680 screen lengtwise, and in theaterview the date gets gut of. which is a pity.

here is a small screen shot. btw it happens with all the different theaterviews.

keep up the great works... great programm  8)

and btw2, imaybe the rediculess great letering on top Home>playing now has something to do with it ?

raym

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #16 on: August 23, 2006, 05:18:01 am »

i use a 1050 X 1680 screen lengtwise, and in theaterview the date gets gut of. which is a pity.

You could edit the skin's main.xml file to either:
(a) Remove the time altogether by commenting or removing the line:

<Item Text="[Time]" Location="***" TextColor="FFFFFF" Rect="90.0,0.2,99.0,5.4" Capitalization="0" Alignment="1" />

OR

(b) Reposition it. To do this, you might want to take a look at LanceD's excellent guide on building/changing theater view skins here: http://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php?topic=34639.0
RKM Smart Home - www.rkmsmarthome.com.au
Z-Wave Home Automation

gappie

« Reply #17 on: August 23, 2006, 06:31:23 am »

thanks ryam, i will. did not think of that.

Bill Ko

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #18 on: August 24, 2006, 08:44:11 pm »

Says it doesn't recognize my iPod Mini and then CTD

Bill

schwaa

• Junior Woodchuck
  • and then...
« Reply #19 on: August 25, 2006, 11:33:23 am »

Cover art import is still not working for me either.  Both for Pop and Obscure music...

glynor

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #20 on: August 26, 2006, 11:48:24 pm »

Not sure if it's just me, but in this build MC 11.1 stopped responding to Girder's <VOLUME_UP> and <VOLUME_DOWN> keypress commands when it is in the foreground.  My GML file uses the general keypresses (so that the volume changes even in other applications easily) and it doesn't work in MC anymore all the sudden.  I had to change the keypress to Control-+ and Control-- to get it to work.
"Some cultures are defined by their relationship to cheese."

Visit me on the Interweb Thingie: http://glynor.com/

balcy

• Recent member
  • Sometimes, the bear wins...
« Reply #21 on: August 27, 2006, 03:15:31 am »

Version 11.1.188 (registered) seems to work with Vista Beta 2. When I let MC update to 194 and reboot I get an error saying it was installed for another OS and for me to reinstall. For now I am going to stay with 188. I also have an Ipod which from reading the latest fixes may cause other problems when I try and synch with this older version. It seems like a catch 22...

wilfredjg

• World Citizen
« Reply #22 on: August 27, 2006, 05:53:25 am »

Version 11.1.188 (registered) seems to work with Vista Beta 2. When I let MC update to 194 and reboot I get an error saying it was installed for another OS and for me to reinstall. For now I am going to stay with 188. I also have an Ipod which from reading the latest fixes may cause other problems when I try and synch with this older version. It seems like a catch 22...

I had the same thing happen to me I remember a post saying to install 194 again and I did after reinstall I have had no problems.

Tanguero

• World Citizen
« Reply #23 on: August 27, 2006, 06:57:08 am »

At certain places in my playlists I have very short tracks with 5 seconds of silence and nothing else. When I jump to one of these tracks by klicking the "next " button/icon and then klick "next" again" in order to skip the 5 seconds track, MC gets first says "Waiting..." and then "buffering", and it will stay in "Buffering..." for minutes, maybe forever. The program is stuck, and the only way to get out of it is to quit MC.

If I quit by using Ctrl+Alt+Del (and then the Program tab), I can restart MC again. If I quit by klicking the cross in the corner,  the program dissappears from the list on the "Program" tab, but stays in the "Processes" tab, and there is no chance to restart the program or make it visible until I stop the process.

balcy

• Recent member
  • Sometimes, the bear wins...
« Reply #24 on: August 27, 2006, 08:21:45 pm »

I had the same thing happen to me I remember a post saying to install 194 again and I did after reinstall I have had no problems.

Was 194 pulled? The latest update shown now is 191...

JimH

• Administrator
  • Where did I put my teeth?
« Reply #25 on: August 27, 2006, 08:47:04 pm »

From the first post in this thread:
This latest build (usually safe) of MC11.1 is here:
ftp://ftp.jriver.com/pub/downloads/music/MediaCenter111194.exe

lalittle

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #26 on: August 28, 2006, 12:59:07 am »

A couple iPod problems have popped up with one of the relatively recent builds (I'm not sure which one.)

1) "Eject iPod" no longer ejects the iPod from the system.  I have to use the taskbar icon to properly eject the iPod such that Windows gives me the "okay to disconnect" message.  I used to get the same message when using the MC "eject" function, but now Windows continues to tell me the device is connected even after I tell MC to eject it.

2) Connecting more than one iPod to the system (at different times) is suddenely confusing MC.  After one iPod has been connected, when I eject it and connect another one, MC tells me it found a "new device" and asks, again, if I want to use it as a handheld.  It does this every time I go back and forth between my two iPods -- i.e. it seems that the presence of a second iPod makes it "forget" that I already set up the first iPod be be used as a handheld player.

UPDATE:  It's the firewire iPod (3G) that MC keeps having trouble with.  The USB iPod (5G) doesn't seem to have the same trouble -- MC "remembers" it properly when I plug it in even after the 3G has been plugged in and removed.  If the 5G is plugged in and removed, however, the 3G is not recognized by MC (it keeps saying "no handheld is plugged in) even though the unit shows up in Windows Explorer.  I have to fuss with things to get MC to "recognize" the 3G again, at which time it once again asks if I want to use it as a handheld player.

Did one of the recent changes to the iPod functionality (there have a been a few in the last few builds) possibly cause this?

Thanks,

Larry

Magic_Randy

• MC Beta Team
  • I used to be indecisive, but now I'm not so sure..
« Reply #27 on: August 28, 2006, 02:35:25 pm »

1) "Eject iPod" no longer ejects the iPod from the system.  I have to use the taskbar icon to properly eject the iPod such that Windows gives me the "okay to disconnect" message.  I used to get the same message when using the MC "eject" function, but now Windows continues to tell me the device is connected even after I tell MC to eject it.

I noticed the same issue when ejecting the iPod.

lalittle

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #28 on: August 29, 2006, 05:15:43 am »

Another iPod quirk:

When I do a recheck sync on a 5G iPod that's currently fully synched via MC, sometimes I get a "Device fully synchronized" message, while other times I get the normal sync screen which says "Sync 0 files."  Both screens indicate the same situation (i.e. that the device is fully synched) but it's inconsistant to see a totally different message saying the same thing.  In both cases, nothing was changed on the iPod.

Larry
Pages: [1]   Go Up