INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Any changes to Tag Action Window?  (Read 2665 times)

dcwebman

• Citizen of the Universe
Any changes to Tag Action Window?
« on: September 07, 2006, 07:23:34 am »

There was some lengthy discussion about improvements to the Tag action window and I'm not sure if anything came of it. The only reply I saw from a JRiver employee that was related to if anything was going to be done was Matt on July 8th, "We'll continue to refine the tag window in the coming builds. "

It's now September. Can we get an answer if anything more is going to be done to the Tag window, or will some people still have to use MC 11 to do serious tagging?
Jeff

JimH

• Administrator
  • Where did I put my teeth?
Re: Any changes to Tag Action Window?
« Reply #1 on: September 07, 2006, 08:14:11 am »

A few things have been done since the last build.

I'll merge this with the other thread.

lalittle

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #2 on: September 09, 2006, 04:55:28 am »

A few things have been done since the last build.

I'll merge this with the other thread.

I like the changes (particularly the new justified columns), and I don't mean to be a downer here, but I still feel that the Tag window has a long way to go before it offers the power and ease-of-use that was already offered in MC11.1.  I hope we can continue to discuss this subject, and that the issue is still open to changes.  The Tag AW is, to me, currently one of the single most important "issues" surrounding the MC12 changes.  I'm still holding out hope that MC12 will reinstate the features and layout that made MC11 work so well.

Larry

marko

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #3 on: September 10, 2006, 05:55:46 am »

been working in the AW extensively again today, and as a result, would like to offer another couple of suggestions to throw into the mixing pot:

1. Music with no coverart. We can see from the little thumbnail in the top left of the tag window that there's no art. I instinctively right click on the thumbnail expecting the familiar context menu with 'add from file' get from internet' etc. etc. to pop up, but it doesn't. I get the tag list instead. To get at the coverart context menu, I have to first click on the image to open the full image window, then I can right click and have access to those options. Could this menu also be available from a right click on the little thumb please?

2. When tagging generally, clicking to tag using a 'list type' field loads a new window containing a list of tagging options. Over time, I'm finding that looking for the [X] to close this window and get back to the tag list is tiresome. Could [back] not be made to do the same thing?

marko

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #4 on: September 10, 2006, 06:02:15 am »

clicking on "playlists" in the tag window takes forever and a day to open up.

JimH

• Administrator
  • Where did I put my teeth?
« Reply #5 on: September 10, 2006, 07:47:41 am »

1. Music with no coverart. We can see from the little thumbnail in the top left of the tag window that there's no art. I instinctively right click on the thumbnail expecting the familiar context menu with 'add from file' get from internet' etc. etc. to pop up, but it doesn't. I get the tag list instead. To get at the coverart context menu, I have to first click on the image to open the full image window, then I can right click and have access to those options. Could this menu also be available from a right click on the little thumb please?

2. When tagging generally, clicking to tag using a 'list type' field loads a new window containing a list of tagging options. Over time, I'm finding that looking for the [X] to close this window and get back to the tag list is tiresome. Could [back] not be made to do the same thing?
Good thinking.  Both of these are on our list.  Thanks.

marko

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #6 on: September 10, 2006, 02:07:12 pm »

Good thinking.  Both of these are on our list.  Thanks.
Nice one. Thank you.

marko

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #7 on: October 12, 2006, 01:57:10 am »

still hoping these can make it in, so, to that end, a gentle *bump*

:)

lalittle

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #8 on: October 12, 2006, 03:18:32 am »

I recently noticed that in MC12, if you have specific "Values" defined for a field, the new window that pops up is empty if there are no files already tagged with the possible values.  In previous versions of MC, if you defined values for a list type field, you'd be able to select from these options when editing the field for the first time, which makes logical sense.

Would it be possible to return this functionality to MC12 so that if a custom field has Values defined for it, you ALWAYS see this list of possible choices when editing the field?

This has been fixed.

Thanks,

Larry

marko

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #9 on: November 02, 2006, 03:47:27 am »

in addition to the two tweaks mentioned above, here's another thing I'd find quite useful...

If we hover the mouse over the [bios] or [review] field, for example, the entire field contents show up in a large tooltip. It would be nice if those tooltips would remain if the mouse is over them.

sdgrizdan

• Galactic Citizen
  • The body cannot live without the mind
« Reply #10 on: November 13, 2006, 03:22:21 am »

i second Marko's requests in the AW!
Pages: [1]   Go Up