INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Interested buyer?  (Read 1961 times)

darichman

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
Interested buyer?
« on: September 08, 2006, 12:33:46 am »

If this is against the rules, then I'm sorry (and by all means lock or delete this post), but I have a question re purchasing MC12...

As a longtime customer/user since MJ, I naturally snapped up the MC12 beta when it  was publicly released... After playing round with it for a few days, I decided the changes were enough to warrant the upgrade, and proceeded to uninstall MC11... The beta was later pulled and so I've continued using an unregistered MC12.0.53, without any major problems...

Now I've only got 3 days left on my trial. I fully intend to purchase this product (and would have done so already had the beta remained open)... So I'll ask this question one more time: Can I be confident that the purchase will work through the beta that I've got?

The fact that I'm willing to purchase this product in beta form is, of course, testament to my unwavering faith in the product and the JRiver development team ;)

Just to clarify, this is by no means a "hurry up" thread or a "I hate you all for pulling the beta" thread. If anything, I look forward to the changes that you guys are making behind closed doors :)

I'd just like to know whether I can safely make this purchase so I don't have to resort to switching back to MC11.1 and having to figure out all the library changes I've made since then!

Thanks
Chris

Marra

• World Citizen
Re: Interested buyer?
« Reply #1 on: September 08, 2006, 05:04:37 am »

Me too.  I'm in the same predicament but I'm down to 2 days trial left.  Time is running out.

DJ_Hazelwood

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #2 on: September 08, 2006, 07:07:16 am »

I've purchased the update through the beta (12.0.53) and it seems to work:

Media Center Registered 12.0.53 -- C:\Programme\J River\Media Center 12\

Microsoft Windows XP  Workstation 5.1 Service Pack 2 (Build 2600)
Intel Pentium 4 2991 MHz MMX / Memory: Total - 1047 MB, Free - 596 MB

The price was the correct update-price.

Hope this helps

JimH

• Administrator
  • Where did I put my teeth?
« Reply #3 on: September 11, 2006, 01:50:57 pm »

Now I've only got 3 days left on my trial. I fully intend to purchase this product (and would have done so already had the beta remained open)... So I'll ask this question one more time: Can I be confident that the purchase will work through the beta that I've got?

The fact that I'm willing to purchase this product in beta form is, of course, testament to my unwavering faith in the product and the JRiver development team ;)
Thanks.  Yes, you can be sure that the beta purchase will work.

We'll try to put a more recent version out soon.

darichman

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #4 on: September 11, 2006, 10:13:55 pm »

Thanks Jim.

Just put through the purchase. I look forward to future releases, whenever they'll be :)
Pages: [1]   Go Up