INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Media Center 12.0.71  (Read 4233 times)

DarkPenguin

• Citizen of the Universe
Media Center 12.0.71
« on: September 15, 2006, 04:42:46 pm »

Download:

http://www.jrmediacenter.com/DevZone/CustomApps/MC12/MediaCenter120071.exe

History

12.0.71 (9/15/06)

1. New: Added option "Avoid WMV Acceleration" for WM video playback.
2. Fixed: Some WM video files with DirectSubVob subtitles would not play (introduced in 12.0.70).
3. Fixed: Playlist alarm not working on iPods.
4. Changed: Added recognition of some of the new iPods.
5. Fixed: Ratings not getting synced back properly from some iPods running newer firmware.
6. Changed: Some tweaks in Video Playback Options.
7. NEW: Menus support typed-key navigation. (when underlines are showing (Alt+[Key]) pressing a key will still do selections)
8. Fixed: Showing a submenu with scroll arrows multiple times from the same parent could cause a dead space to appear below the menu items.
9. Fixed: After some series of menu / mouse clicks, the auto-show menus in the view header could stop working.
10. Changed: People, places, and events are flagged as "all media types". (instead of image specific)
11. Changed: Captions on slideshow are cleared after new image load and displayed at the end of the transition.
12. NEW: Getting cover art from the internet is fully threaded so it doesn't block using the program.
13. Changed: "DirectShow audio/video playback settings ..." has been renamed "DirectShow playback settings..."; and likewise "DirectShow Audio Video Playback Options" renamed "DirectShow Playback Options".
14. NEW: Added previous / next display buttons in display view when viewing images, visualizations, etc.

12.0.70 (9/14/06)

1. Fixed: In some cases, deleting a folder from the "My Computer" area of the tree could cause a crash.
2. Fixed: Doing a "Locate > On Disk (inside Media Center)" could crash when performed on a missing folder.
3. Fixed: Rating stars no longer react when the mouse is over a scrollbar or popup dialog.
4. Fixed: Podcast view headers wouldn't properly update to show a changed status like "failed to download", etc.
5. Changed: If a Podcast has no description, the title of the podcast will be used as the description.
6. Changed: Podcasts with no update date specified are now accepted. (previously they would be considered invalid)
7. Fixed: View header subtitle and notes were offset from one another slightly.
8. Fixed: Seeking problem when playing certain DRM protected Windows Media videos.
9. Changed: Running a second Media Center while a Media Center was minimized would not restore the first program as expected.
10. NEW: Send To > External Tools allow full expressions to be used to build the command line to send to the external program. (so artist, album, if statements, etc. can be used)
    NOTE: Media Center no longer automatically adds quotes around the filename, so you will need to add them manually if the external program needs them.
11. Changed: Splash screen is no longer shown when the program starts in Media Server or external SDK mode.
12. Fixed: At some player window sizes the status text in the player window could show up incorrectly after a text change.
13. Changed: Image captions updated after decode.
14. Fixed: Switching away from G-Force using the right-click menu could cause a crash.
15. Changed: Simplified how menus and keypresses are forwarded from display plugins. (please report any strangeness)
16. Fixed: In certain cases, the Tag window could still say "no files selected" when switching views.
17. Changed: The "Sort" menu under View Settings doesn't appear when in Playing Now.
18. Changed: Menus will never use more than half of the monitor's height before scrolling.
19. Changed: Made the scroll arrows on the top and bottom of long menus more subtle.
20. NEW: In-place editing of "clear only" type fields is now supported. (last played, number plays, replay gain, etc.)
21. Fixed: Pressing "Enter" while editing a field in a list could start playback.
22. Changed: Editing large values like Lyrics in-place in the list requires Shift+Enter to be used for enter. (since Enter saves)
23. NEW: New "Start" and "Podcasts" pages in the player.

12.0.69 (9/12/06)

1. Fixed: Media Center would not run on some Win9x systems.
2. Fixed: Thumbnails could blink when holding the mouse over them.
3. Fixed: Deleting a file from Playing Now could leave the file's tooltip.
4. Changed: Tag window better auto-sizes label column. (by design, very long field names will show ... instead of pushing everything right)
5. Fixed: On systems with CD 'auto-run' turned off, the restart button in the rip action window was not working.
6. NEW: Stopping (or playing a new selection) when TV is time-shifted more than one minute behind live will show a confirmation dialog.
7. Changed: Clicking "Unassigned" in tagging mode for a list-type field will remove all values.
8. NEW: Updated the German translation. (thanks Bytestar and Daniel2k)
9. Changed: Made clearing the rating using graphical stars more intuitive.
10. Fixed: A wave file (and some others) could be listed as taggable even if there was not input plugin.
11. Changed: Folder watching will only wait up to 5 minutes for inactivity (during continued activity) before reconciling the database with the disk.
12. Fixed: Problems identifying some grayscale photo iPods.
13. Fixed: When the Display action window appeared in a minimized state, it wouldn't properly resize the action windows.
14. Fixed: Theater View could crash in some cases.

glynor

• MC Beta Team
Re: Media Center 12.0.71
« Reply #1 on: September 15, 2006, 05:17:42 pm »

10. Changed: People, places, and events are flagged as "all media types". (instead of image specific)

;D  ;D  ;D
"Some cultures are defined by their relationship to cheese."

Visit me on the Interweb Thingie: http://glynor.com/

lalittle

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #2 on: September 15, 2006, 06:10:48 pm »

"Clear Rating" bug:

There is still a bug with the "clear rating" icon in the Tag window, which is related to the skin being used.  With the Thunderstorm skin, when I mouse over the Ratings area in the Tag window, the little "X" in the circle (i.e. the "clear rating" icon) only appears when the pointer is NOT over the actual icon.  When the pointer is over the spot where the X appears, the X disappears, so I have to click on a blank spot to get the rating to clear.

If I instead choose the "noire" skin, the X gets dimmer when mousing directly over it, but it is still visible.  When I choose the "aruba" skin, the X gets brighter when mousing over this spot.  Given that I still use the Thunderstorm skin, this is a problem since the X completely disappears when mousing over it.

Is there any way to alter the way the little "X" in the circle appears so that it will show up properly with the other skins that come with MC?

Thanks,

Larry

lalittle

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #3 on: September 15, 2006, 06:17:09 pm »

There is no option to make the "Artist" field appear in the Tag window for movie media.  Is there any way to get this field to be selectable for movies?

Movies (shorts, demo reels, etc.) have "artists" just like songs do, so this is still a valid field for movies, and I've always used it up to now for movie media.  The Artist field is already one of the default columns in the track view for movies -- it's just in the Tag window that this field is completely missing (i.e. it's not one of the selectable fields.)

Thanks,

Larry

zxsix

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #4 on: September 15, 2006, 09:39:35 pm »

12.0.71 (9/15/06)

Confirmed.  Thanks!   :)

12. NEW: Getting cover art from the internet is fully threaded so it doesn't block using the program.

Works fine.  Will you be doing the same thing for initialize ipod and submit coverart to internet?

jgreen

« Reply #5 on: September 15, 2006, 10:47:04 pm »

--AFAICT, if you select a group of files to rename from properties, and one of them is currently playing, that file gets renamed properly within MC but never actually gets moved.  Spooky!

--Mini/slim is getting closer to beatification.  It now sits "always on top", and just needs to remember size and position.  And give us a right-click or some-odd method of viewing and editing playing now.   Then it's off to the races!

--I guess everyone else's internet connection is flawless, so nobody else has to suffer through the YADB lookup macro, which if it can't get through on the first attempt substitutes a made-up answer "no information available for that CD" for the truth "no connection available".  Fine, I enjoy a bald-faced lie as much as the next guy, but MC will refuse to try again on the same CD.  So I am SOL.  Solution:  a RETRY button for the yadb lookup dialogue box.  Or else stop trying to rip CDs in MC.

--MC still cannot convert WAV files to anything. 

glynor

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #6 on: September 16, 2006, 12:43:31 am »

Quote from: glynor
I have no idea when this started, but MC12 is not honoring Options --> General --> Behavior --> Double Click when it is set to Replace Playing Now (all) (it instead acts like Replace Playing Now (single)).  The other setting all appear to work as they should.  This happens on both of my MC12-installed machines...

I discovered that this bug occurrs only with Video assets, and not Audio and Images.  It does still affect this new version.

Can anyone else confirm this?  (Again, you have to try it with a video view scheme.)

bennyd

• Project Leader
« Reply #7 on: September 16, 2006, 02:26:42 am »

- When editing Track # this is now a drop down select box, so it is not possible anymore to add custom values. (I noticed this is also with the "year" field))

- When Tagging action pane is open on a semi column delimeted (list) field, then In place editing on a song in the panes acts weird. You edit a field in the panes, when typing "tab", it doesn't go to the next field but closes the editing of the field. When closing the action pane, all works fine.
may U live 2 see the dawn

bennyd :-)

NoCodeUK

« Reply #8 on: September 16, 2006, 08:27:15 am »

In the latest iTunes update (7) Apple have finally added support for album artist.  However it does not appear that it is mapped the same as MC ( I think I knew this already).  Is there anyway that MC could also map Album artist to the same tag as Apple are using as well as its own?  I know there was talk about updating tag mapping recently and this would be really useful.

Cheers

Adam
"It's called No Code because it's full of code. It's misinformation." - Eddie Vedder

Alex B

• MC Beta Team
  • The Cosmic Bird
« Reply #9 on: September 16, 2006, 11:53:57 am »

Apple uses stupidly the Band / Orchestra tag for "album artist" (with MP3). M$ started that and now Apple followed.

Please add your comments here: http://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php?topic=35068.0
The Cosmic Bird - a triple merger of galaxies: http://eso.org/public/news/eso0755

dcwebman

« Reply #10 on: September 16, 2006, 01:10:11 pm »

Missing editable fields from tag window:
Album Gain (clear)
BPM
File Type
Intensity
Last Played (clear)
Number Plays (clear)
Peak Level (clear)
Replay Gain (clear)

Missing read-only fields from tag window: ?
Bit Depth
Channels
Service: Name
Text

--------------------

Adding a playlist to a playlist group with audio fields gets a playlist with default image fields.
Jeff

KingSparta

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #11 on: September 16, 2006, 06:06:23 pm »

Media Editor Seems to have some problems.

When Using Crop To After Using Zoom, Seems To Make Media Editor State it Was Saving Undo Information. Well It Never Finishes And You Must Terminate The Program.

When You Use Crop To And Media Editor Does Not Freeze Up It Displays A Message Box "An invalid Argument was encountered" With A "OK" Button

Trying To Use Save Selection At This Point Also Renders The Same Message After Saving The File Name, And Not Saving Any Usable Data To The Wave File.

The Media Editor Version Is 11.1.48, Using MC12.0.71
Retired Military, Airborne, Air Assault, And Flight Wings.
Model Trains, Internet, Ham Radio
https://MyAAGrapevines.com
Fayetteville, NC, USA

Jaguu

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #12 on: September 17, 2006, 04:26:28 am »

There is still a bug with G-force that has never been properly solved:

With ape files that have inside cover art the following happens: Switching  from G-Force back to track info or any standard MC visualizations does not reload the cover art stored inside the file. Instead of the cover art the default MC logo appears for all the tracks following. You have to restart MC to get the cover art to be displayed again.

This has been around for a very long time and has never been fixed. It does not happen if an ape file has cover art outside the file and it does not happen for mp3 and wma files.

jgreen

« Reply #13 on: September 17, 2006, 12:30:39 pm »

"Track Number" field does not allow editing inline nor in the Tag (window).

lpr

• World Citizen
« Reply #14 on: September 17, 2006, 01:58:35 pm »

"Track Number" field does not allow editing inline nor in the Tag (window).

Confirmed, and also for "disk #".

EDIT: And I see that bennyd also found that for the year field.

zxsix

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #15 on: September 17, 2006, 03:56:00 pm »

Tools > Options > Library > User Library Fields
Have a field I've been using forvever.
It's defined as data type = integer,
edit type = standard,
values = 1;2;3;4;5

I can no longer access this field as of build 12.0.71.

In the AW tag window, when I click on that field, it presents an EMPTY drop-down list.
Can't select anything and won't allow me to type in a value.

Field is displayed in the view scheme.  Same issue there, when I click into that field to edit it, it turns into a drop-down list that is empty.  Can't type in a value here either.

This was working fine in prior builds.

zxsix

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #16 on: September 17, 2006, 04:02:10 pm »

View scheme not honoring search by media type.
View scheme setting for "honor parent scheme search strings" is unchecked.
Seems to be a conflict between the Media Type = Audio and the ~a modifier.
As long as the ~a modifier is present, the folder.jpg file is being displayed in addition to the audio files.

Here's the full thing:
[Media Type]=[Audio] -[Genre]=[Comedy],[Radio],[Podcast] [Keywords]=[Nano] ~sort=[Album],[Artist],[Track #] ~nodup=[Artist] ~a ~s=3600 -[File Type]=[jpg]

Originial viewscheme has worked prior to build 12.0.71.
-[File Type]=[jpg] was added as an afterthought to try as a workaround and is not part of my normal viewscheme.

glynor

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #17 on: September 17, 2006, 11:41:42 pm »

I just thought I'd post that over the weekend I've been having all sorts of problems with this build and thumbnailing (still).  It's just still not working well at all, and I find myself aching for a way to disable "on the fly" thumbnailing.

I get frequent hard-locks for extremely long periods of time when I'm just trying to navigate around my view schemes (mostly video, but audio too).  FFDSHOW doesn't ever seem to give up resources once it's started thumbnailing (right now I have 6 copies of the FFDSHOW tray icon in my Notification Area, and all seem to be running and working, none will go away until I close MC and then "point" at them).  It's making me think I maybe jumped quite a bit too soon on switching the HTPC over.  It's just not usable as it is unforunately.

Thumbnailing operations should never slow down navigation, even a little bit.  But more importantly, it should REALLY never actually block the UI.  I've had multiple instances today where I had MC completely lock for periods of 1-2 minutes (which when you're sitting on the couch with your wife waiting to watch a show is a long time) after which when I clicked on one other "child" item it would hard-lock again for another 1-2 minutes.  And on and on....

I realize that these things are likely all goals.  I just want you to know that you're not there yet.  Not even really close.   :(

marko

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #18 on: September 18, 2006, 01:10:53 am »

View scheme not honoring search by media type.
View scheme setting for "honor parent scheme search strings" is unchecked.
Seems to be a conflict between the Media Type = Audio and the ~a modifier.
As long as the ~a modifier is present, the folder.jpg file is being displayed in addition to the audio files.

Here's the full thing:
[Media Type]=[Audio] -[Genre]=[Comedy],[Radio],[Podcast] [Keywords]=[Nano] ~sort=[Album],[Artist],[Track #] ~nodup=[Artist] ~a ~s=3600 -[File Type]=[jpg]

Originial viewscheme has worked prior to build 12.0.71.
-[File Type]=[jpg] was added as an afterthought to try as a workaround and is not part of my normal viewscheme.

this takes a little getting used to, but it's not a bug, it's the way that the ~a modifier works by default. the confusion it causes crops up quite often, most recently in this thread: http://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php?topic=35624.msg242689#msg242689

Yaobing

• Administrator
  • Dogs of the world unite!
« Reply #19 on: September 18, 2006, 08:16:07 am »

I just thought I'd post that over the weekend I've been having all sorts of problems with this build and thumbnailing (still).  It's just still not working well at all, and I find myself aching for a way to disable "on the fly" thumbnailing.

I get frequent hard-locks for extremely long periods of time when I'm just trying to navigate around my view schemes (mostly video, but audio too).  FFDSHOW doesn't ever seem to give up resources once it's started thumbnailing (right now I have 6 copies of the FFDSHOW tray icon in my Notification Area, and all seem to be running and working, none will go away until I close MC and then "point" at them).  It's making me think I maybe jumped quite a bit too soon on switching the HTPC over.  It's just not usable as it is unforunately.

Are you able to isolate to a certain video file types? Can you send me a log file? Thanks. yaobing at jriver dot com
Yaobing Deng, JRiver Media Center

glynor

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #20 on: September 18, 2006, 09:51:40 am »

I have not, other than it is generally video.  The vast majority of my video types are XviD encoded AVIs.  I'll take a look at what log files I have tonight and send you anything relevant.

Matt

• Administrator
  • Shoes gone again!
« Reply #21 on: September 18, 2006, 01:07:57 pm »

I discovered that this bug occurrs only with Video assets, and not Audio and Images.  It does still affect this new version.

Can anyone else confirm this?  (Again, you have to try it with a video view scheme.)

This is by design.  A double-click of a video won't start a "slideshow".  This is from feedback from several users that it was confusing to play a video and for it to keep going and playing different videos.  Image slideshows work a little this way as well. (double-click starts a slideshow in paused mode)
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

glynor

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #22 on: September 18, 2006, 01:40:37 pm »

This is by design.  A double-click of a video won't start a "slideshow".  This is from feedback from several users that it was confusing to play a video and for it to keep going and playing different videos.  Image slideshows work a little this way as well. (double-click starts a slideshow in paused mode)

Matt... I'm sorry, but this is absurd.  I never even considered that this might be on purpose!!

It is somehow more confusing that Audio and Video (and Images too by the way, as long as you're not already playing a song) work differentlyAll file types in MC obey the Options setting (and always have), but for some reason Video files are singled out and don't work that way?  Your images example doesn't make sense as the images only work that way when you're already playing a song, and even then, you certainly don't have to add them one at a time - as soon as you "unpause" it will move to the next picture in the list!!

This is just terrible.  I use MC regularly for watching movies and TV shows.  First of all, about half of my movies are split into multiple parts.  I now have to add each of these parts manually, but that's a pain because when I double click on the first part, it starts playing and switches to Playing Now.  So I have to pause the video (and remember to do so) and then go back to the previous view scheme, find the second half of my video, and right-click Send to --> Play --> Add to Playing Now (as next to Play).

The situation is even worse when I'm trying to play TV shows (in fact, I'd say that's my primary use of MC -- even more than listening to music).  When I play a show (say episode 4 of Season 2 of some show), MC11.1 automatically started playing episode 5 when the one I double clicked was finished.  Perfect!  Just what I want, and it works just like MC handles Audio.  Now, to get the same functionality, I need to Shift-Click to select the video files that I "might" want to play (if I don't get tired of watching TV) and choose Send To --> Play.  That sounds easy enough, but I don't have a keyboard accessible on my HTPC all the time!  And getting what I want is completely impossible from inside Theater View!  And, to top it all off, some of my video clips (mostly editing source material) are comprised of much longer videos all chopped up into little pieces.  Often, I don't know exactly which clip I'm looking for, so I start playing them until I see the one I want.  This too, is basically impossible to do without jumping through a bunch of hoops now.

I explained all of this in detail in this thread over here:

http://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php?topic=35250.msg240357#msg240357

I don't understand why it was confusing.  If they don't like how it works, just change the Options --> General --> Behavior --> Double Click setting.  And what users?  I certainly haven't seen anyone complaining about it here... If it's your other corporate-client-type-test-users, then I suppose I understand, but it doesn't make sense to break functionality that we use (and make the UI inconsistent) because some corporate types don't want to explain something to their novice users.

Suffice to say... If this stays this way I'm going back to MC11.1.  It's just unusable in it's current form for watching videos at all.  It also just doesn't make sense why one file type is singled out...

Sorry to be harsh on this, but it's just a Really Big Deal to me (like I said, it's a dealbreaker).

glynor

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #23 on: September 18, 2006, 03:20:32 pm »

I just thought I'd also mention that this is not how video files work in Theater View, after having just tried it.  In Theater View, when you play a file by double clicking it, it still does a Replace Playing Now (All) just as I would expect.... So, it's only Standard View that mucks up the Video double-click behavior (and so you can ignore my comments above about Theater View being completely useless but add in a few extra doses of inconsistency).   ::)

Pages: [1]   Go Up