INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Getting ratings into iTunes  (Read 977 times)

serf

• Junior Woodchuck
  • nothing more to say...
Getting ratings into iTunes
« on: September 18, 2006, 08:20:46 pm »

I plan to continue to use MC11 for the iPod, but just got a Mac Pro & want to be able to use the 50GB of music I spent years rating in MC without re-doing all ratings.  Is there a way to transfer the MC11 ratings to iTunes?  Any work arounds, etc.?

Thanks

BartMan01

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
Re: Getting ratings into iTunes
« Reply #1 on: September 19, 2006, 11:27:32 am »

The biggest problem is that iTunes only stores the ratings in the db itself (not in file tags).

Only real 'work around' is to move the files in to folder branches by rating and import one branch at a time.  For example, if your current music is stored Artist\Album, you would change this to Rating\Artist\Album.  Then import each 'rating' folder one at a time in to iTunes and add that rating to all of the unrated files.  Once you are done, you can move the files - but I am not sure if iTunes will still see them as the same file.  Test with a couple to start.

Another thought (that I haven't tested) would be to start with an empty iTunes db and set it to sync all files to the iPod.  Shut down iTunes, open MC, sync to the iPod then disconnect the iPod and shut down MC.  Now open iTunes and add all your music.  Hopefully the next time you hook up the iPod, iTunes will see the 'changes' to the ratings and pull them down.  Again - test with a couple of files (but this will probably require you to blank your iPod in the process).

serf

• Junior Woodchuck
  • nothing more to say...
Re: Getting ratings into iTunes
« Reply #2 on: September 19, 2006, 06:41:11 pm »

Thanks.  The first options was what I thought was required.  I'm going to have to think through the 2nd option.
Pages: [1]   Go Up