INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Media Center 12.0.78  (Read 6312 times)

Matt

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Shoes gone again!
Media Center 12.0.78
« on: September 26, 2006, 04:21:41 pm »

Download:

http://www.jrmediacenter.com/DevZone/CustomApps/MC12/MediaCenter120078.exe

History

12.0.78 (9/26/06)

1. Changed: Double-click on the header while in Slim mode returns to Standard View.
2. NEW: Mouse-wheel works to operate the thumbnail size slider.
3. NEW: View header is shown in library views when filtering using the tree.
4. Changed: Tooltips don't show an image when in a thumbnail mode. (since it's redundant)
5. Fixed: When clicking a tree item with no children, it'd scroll down unexpectedly.
6. Changed: For Quicktime video (such as mp4) that is played in DirectShow, we try DirectShow method for thumbnailing before trying Quicktime method.
7. Changed: Time-out for testing whether a file can be played in DirectShow is increased (to avoid unnecessarily hard-killing a DirectShow graph).
8. NEW: Slim skin Mini View has its own window position instead of being a windowshade of the main position.
9. Fixed: Show Start option now honored.
10. Fixed: Action Window pages wouldn't always set the cursor properly. (hopefully fixed -- please let us know)
11. NEW: Introduced new video thumbnail generation system -- please test if you have had video thumbnail problems in the past.

12.0.77 (9/25/06)

1. Fixed: Not all library watch folder settings were being saved as library specific.
2. Changed: Added portable device information to the system information dump.
3. Changed: Lyrics field allowable with videos.
4. Fixed: Media Editor could have an error when pasting regions of a file.
5. Fixed: Some QuickTime audio files would incorrectly show as having an internal image causing issues.
6. Fixed: WAV (and other DX playback type files) would be slower than expected.

12.0.76 (9/22/06)

1. NEW: New art in many areas of the program -- splash, about, icons, etc. (still a work in progress)
2. Changed: Video thumbnailing takes shorter time for some video types. Also, a little more error logging for video thumbnailing and importing.
3. Fixed: The "Debug Viewer" link in the logging dialog was broken.
4. NEW: There is now an "email" link on the logging dialog for sending log files.
5. Fixed: Mouse movement could cause come areas of the program to be overly blinky. (introduced a few builds back)
6. NEW: Gapless playback support for iPods added.
7. Changed: Removed 3D Theater View. (to return at a later date)
8. Changed: After resetting the current log file, a message is displayed.

12.0.75 (9/21/06)

1. Changed: Editing of TV station names and deleting TV channels can now be done on TV Configuration -> TV Channels page (whereas previously they are available only on the "Scan Channels" dialogs).
2. Optimized: Some internal database operations are faster.
3. Changed: Fullscreen bars only show when the mouse moves into the border area.
4. NEW: Update view header images.
5. Changed: Manually expanding a tree item will scroll the tree if necessary to make children visible.
6. NEW: Thumbnails for images that use alpha will look better.
7. Fixed: Cover art not working on new 2nd generation Nanos.
8. Fixed: Fields that had not been changed / saved for a long time could fail to load. (introduced in build 74)
9. NEW: Internet code no longer skips trying to connect when a connection isn't currently alive -- hopefully improving usability for wireless LAN, etc. users.
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

Matt

• Administrator
  • Shoes gone again!
Re: Media Center 12.0.78
« Reply #1 on: September 26, 2006, 04:24:17 pm »

If you've experienced any video thumbnailing related problems with previous builds, please give this version a good testing.

We've moved creation of video thumbnails into their own process.  This side-steps the problems associated with the many DirectShow filters that aren't thread safe like they should be.

Thanks for any feedback.

jgreen

« Reply #2 on: September 26, 2006, 04:59:33 pm »

Slim is sublime! 

Size and position committed to memory, the coolest skin going--gosh, what would happen if you were to right-click and get the Playing now list, much the way you do with Quick Play?

Matt

• Administrator
  • Shoes gone again!
« Reply #3 on: September 26, 2006, 05:03:21 pm »

Slim is sublime! 

Size and position committed to memory, the coolest skin going--gosh, what would happen if you were to right-click and get the Playing now list, much the way you do with Quick Play?

Right-click on the Play / Pause button shows the Quick Play menu. (which includes Playing Now)

glynor

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #4 on: September 26, 2006, 05:03:41 pm »

Wow!  Thanks!

Testing the new Video Thumbnailing now... I'll let you know shortly!
"Some cultures are defined by their relationship to cheese."

Visit me on the Interweb Thingie: http://glynor.com/

jgreen

« Reply #5 on: September 26, 2006, 05:05:19 pm »

If #10 was intended to address swimming cursor placement when dragging files into the AW playing now, it hasn't done anything for me.  I get three choices when I drag a track into AW pn:  put it where the arrow is, put it where the highlighted track is, or put it where the insert-line graphic is.  Where it actually goes is often a surprise.

jgreen

« Reply #6 on: September 26, 2006, 05:09:22 pm »

Matt--
You know, Slim is just about the coolest thing on the planet now.  I'd like to be able to manually reorder tracks and not just reshuffle them, but now that I've found the Playing now (thank you), what have I got left to gripe about?  (jgreen thumbs through an encylopedia-sized checklist he carries with him everywhere.)

glynor

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #7 on: September 26, 2006, 05:22:58 pm »

Testing the new Video Thumbnailing now... I'll let you know shortly!

Guys.... It's looking pretty darn good!!!!

Just a couple of things:

1. I'm still getting "bursts" of sound every so often (it's certainly not common, but it's happening).  I'm really not sure how to effectively go about determining which files are causing it though.  Any ideas?

PS.  It is happening when building in Standard View as well as other views...

2. Theater View doesn't seem to be "refreshing" the newly built thumbs properly.  When I enter a view scheme or child of a scheme in Theater View that doesn't have any thumbs, it does start building them immediately, but I have to go Back and then re-enter the view to see any of them appear.

I have NOT had any crashes yet (it's only been 10 minutes though).  Browsing while the thumbs are building seems much more responsive, and I'm not getting 15 copies of FFDSHOW orphaned in my Notification Area (I did just have one kinda get orphaned but pointing at it while MC was still running caused it to vanish -- before I had to close MC first which made me suspect there were locked threads somewhere).

This, and my beloved view headers (with accompanying Thumbnail slider) showing up with the Tree filtering makes this the best build of MC12 so far!  Wahoo!

JimH

• Administrator
  • Where did I put my teeth?
« Reply #8 on: September 26, 2006, 05:41:40 pm »

**begin private message**

Matt,
jgreen and glynor are in a good mood.  Let's release it before they change their minds.

Jim

**end private message**

glynor

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #9 on: September 26, 2006, 05:52:58 pm »

Ummmm... Wait.  It just....  >:(

;D

(Just kidding!)

darichman

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #10 on: September 26, 2006, 07:07:39 pm »

11. NEW: Introduced new video thumbnail generation system -- please test if you have had video thumbnail problems in the past.

Oh darn! I'm going away for a few days :( but will definitely give this a spin when I get back.

Keep up the great work!

joshhuggins

• MC Beta Team
  • Galactic Citizen
« Reply #11 on: September 26, 2006, 07:24:37 pm »

I have a single wmv file and several swf files that are not generating thumbnail views, but everything else looks awsome coming from 12.0.53! Thanks to the powers that be for adding me to the beta group.
"Not worthy!"

The first time I switched to the Slim skin, it filled the whole screen. I switched to eutow, and then back to Slim and it worked fine. Using the right click menus it seems to have the flashing menus like menus that display over G-force. Also I got a phantom taskbar item for the display window switching between the slim views. I like the skin a lot though. Thx.
Thanks!

BullishDad

• Galactic Citizen
  • nothing more to say...
« Reply #12 on: September 26, 2006, 07:32:09 pm »

8. NEW: Slim skin Mini View has its own window position instead of being a windowshade of the main position.

I posted a request in the .76 thread about remembering the position and "Boom", it's done.  Thanks!!!  ;D

I like the green and black progress bar on the install screen.  Now if we could just get that baby to rotate, it would be perfect.  OK, I'm pushing it, but that would look neat.

RobOK

• long time MC user for PC, iPod and Tivo
« Reply #13 on: September 26, 2006, 07:37:15 pm »

As reported on earlier versions by Doof:

With transparent menu's enabled, menus won't display properly when trying to pop up over a display window that's using G-Force as its display. Not sure who's bug that is.

RobOK

« Reply #14 on: September 26, 2006, 07:40:40 pm »

I think I am a little slow tonight.... Can someone explain this? 

BullishDad

• Galactic Citizen
  • nothing more to say...
« Reply #15 on: September 26, 2006, 07:44:17 pm »

If the Option, "Make Inactive Mini View Transparent" is enabled, then there is a problem if you open a menu and click away from the Mini View.  It will go transparent (as it should), but clicking again on the skin will not restore it to solid (as I would expect).  And if you switch to Standard View, that will be transparent too.  :o

You can get it solid again by clicking on the desktop first, then on the skin, but that should not be necessary.

RobOK

« Reply #16 on: September 26, 2006, 07:47:49 pm »

The first time I switched to the Slim skin, it filled the whole screen. I switched to eutow, and then back to Slim and it worked fine.

This happened to me too!!  It startled me at first, thought my PC had gone crazy!!!

jgreen

« Reply #17 on: September 26, 2006, 07:58:58 pm »

If Bullish is talking about the MC "navigator" icon on the splash screen spinning during startup, I gotta say that's a fantastic idea (IMO)!  Of course, it's a crazy expenditure of system resources, but a CG version of the icon spinning rendered to an AVI and then looped during the duration of the splash screen would be really cool (IMO again).

As far as the humongous mini slim goes, I can confirm that, only I just assumed that was by design, as I had nothing playing when I entered it.

glynor

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #18 on: September 26, 2006, 08:44:16 pm »

I think I am a little slow tonight.... Can someone explain this? 

In MC11.1 and previous builds of MC12, when you used the Tree (rather than the Panes or Tiles) to drill down into a View Scheme (you have to have Populate Tree turned on in the View Scheme to even see these child items on the tree) the "view header bar", where the Thumbnail slider and the options and other things live, disappeared.

This made it impossible to use the Tree to navigate around in your library if you wanted to be able to use the Thumbnail slider.  I use the Tree for navigation extensively especially with my "tagging View Schemes" (when you have View Schemes 10-12 items deep it works way better than 10-12 tiny panes so small you can't use them anyway).  This type of scenario is most common in my library when viewing Images, where I most often want to use the Thumbnail slider, so it was annoying.

I also use the Tree for navigation a lot on my HTPC.  With limited screen real estate, I don't like to take up any room from the "details/thumbs pane" with the Panes tool, so I generally keep it hidden.

So, in conclusion... I asked for it!

glynor

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #19 on: September 26, 2006, 09:03:00 pm »

I posted it over here in the Tag Window Deficiencies Thread (the newer of the two) but I wanted to mention it quickly here.

If you bump up the font size in MC (or Windows) at all, it messes up the Tag action window badly (it makes the first of the "alphabetized" fields unusable).  The "header" section overlaps into the "alphabetical" section.  See my posting linked above for more info.

glynor

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #20 on: September 26, 2006, 09:12:04 pm »

This wasn't in the build notes, but I just noticed...

With the past few builds I've been fighting with Full Screen View still showing the Windows task bar at the bottom, and I had to click on the MC "tab" (which minimized MC) and then click on it again (which restored Full Screeen) to get it to go away.  I'd been meaning to post about it, but never got around to it...

In the new build, this is fixed.  Thanks!!  I just wanted to mention it, in case it was a fluke and it comes back with future builds...

EDIT: Ack.. Never mind.  It's still happening (though maybe not as often).  This is annoying.  Is there anyway that we can have it so Full Screen View automatically "pulls itself to the front" and is "always on top" when it first starts?

Dutch Peter

• Carpe Diem
« Reply #21 on: September 27, 2006, 12:36:02 am »

I am using an Netgear MP101 in combination with uPnP server.

As off MC12 I (sometimes) get a runtime error when the MP101 tries to connect to the server.

Starting MC again and reconnecting the MP101, and it works.

(by the way > the MP101 seems to react much faster than MC11)
Stupid questions do not exist, only stupid answers.

CDvd

• World Citizen
« Reply #22 on: September 27, 2006, 04:42:14 am »

In Theater View, the "Change View" button is sometimes missing from the Files level. I don't see a patern that explain this, it seems to be random: sometimes here sometimes not.

A computer without COBOL and Fortran is like a piece of chocolate cake without ketchup and mustard.

dcwebman

« Reply #23 on: September 27, 2006, 08:14:50 am »

When the Disc # field has more than 2 values, e.g. 1 & 2, and the dropdown in the tag window is on a song that has the Disc # field filled in, the dropdown displays 1, then blank, and then the rest of the disc numbers.

Jeff

Jaguu

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #24 on: September 27, 2006, 10:27:19 am »

Is it possible to have some visual display in some small corner such as status bar when Otto is working? I think that would be very handy!

bennyd

• Project Leader
« Reply #25 on: September 27, 2006, 11:33:44 am »

- When Tagging action pane is open on a semi column delimited (list) field, then In place editing on a song in the panes acts weird. You edit a field in the panes, when typing "tab", it doesn't go to the next field but closes the editing of the field. When closing the action pane, all works fine.

P.S.: you have to change a value before this happens, just hitting tab without changing a value does work properly
may U live 2 see the dawn

bennyd :-)

Alex B

• MC Beta Team
  • The Cosmic Bird
« Reply #26 on: September 27, 2006, 11:39:55 am »

"Build missing thumbnails" is supposed to be a background task now. It may not steal all CPU power, but the "Please wait..." window steals focus. A single mouse click can make its way through, but for example accessing MC's menus is impossible.
The Cosmic Bird - a triple merger of galaxies: http://eso.org/public/news/eso0755

matshif

« Reply #27 on: September 27, 2006, 03:42:34 pm »

Failed to play TV (unkown error)

I have Hauppage

Media Center Registered 12.0.78 -- C:\Program\J River\Media Center 12\

Microsoft Windows XP  Workstation 5.1 Service Pack 2 (Build 2600)
Intel Pentium 4 3190 MHz MMX / Memory: Total - 1047 MB, Free - 513 MB

Internet Explorer: 6.0.2900.2180 / ComCtl32.dll: 5.82.2900 / Shlwapi.dll: 6.0.2900 / Shell32.dll: 6.0.2900 / wnaspi32.dll: N/A
Ripping /   Drive E: HL-DT-STDVD-ROM GDR8162B  Mode:Normal  Type:Auto  Speed:Max
  Drive F:   Mode:Normal  Type:Auto  Speed:Max
  Digital playback: Yes /  Use YADB: Yes /  Get cover art: No /  Calc replay gain: Yes /  Copy volume: 32767
  Eject after ripping: Yes /  Play sound after ripping: No 

Burning /  Drive F: _NEC     DVD+RW ND-1100A    Addr: 1:1:0  Speed:16  MaxSpeed:16  BurnProof:Yes
  Test mode: No /  Eject after writing: Yes /  Direct decoding: Yes /  Write CD-Text: Yes
  Use playback settings: No /

Jaguu

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #28 on: September 27, 2006, 04:59:55 pm »

Failed to play TV (unkown error)

I have Hauppage

Same, already reported once.

park

• MC Beta Team
  • I wish I had more to say!
« Reply #29 on: September 27, 2006, 09:52:42 pm »

MC just crashed with a runtime error when i tried to tag some m4a files (a podcast).

Also, I noticed that when playing an m4a file containing pictures through the defualt quicktime engine you cant see the pictures. With ffdshow it works ok.

And I accidentally discovered that using the left and right arrow keys in the display window will jump you to different chapter points within the file. It'd be nice if the next and previous buttons on the main play area could do the same.

park

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #30 on: September 27, 2006, 10:13:16 pm »

Handheld issues:
Handheld isnt being ejected after synch.

Keep getting the same duplicate files error for a radiohead album. I think MC is creating the

duplicate files somehow, since i manually delete the duplicates in the library, but then next time

i synch i get the same error. This might be related to unicode characters in the filename.

Audible files are not transferring for me. The status in the details view during the synch says error for each .aa file.

The amount of available space in the status bar, and the action window, show different amounts. This is confusing.

park

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #31 on: September 28, 2006, 12:55:24 am »

In tagging mode, click on an unassigned filter in one of the panes and then select a file and the boxes for tagging dont appear, making tagging impossible.

park

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #32 on: September 28, 2006, 03:45:39 am »

The right click menu flickers like crazy when you bring it up over a full screen movie.

RobOK

« Reply #33 on: September 28, 2006, 05:41:17 am »

MC does not shut down cleanly for me on several occasions.  Have to manually kill it.

dcwebman

« Reply #34 on: September 28, 2006, 07:01:44 am »

Lyrics tag editor does not have all normal editing keys active making it difficult to use. Those keys are at least:
Ctrl+Home - go to top of page
Ctrl+End - go to end of page
Shift+Ctrl+Home - select text and go to top of page
Shift+Ctrl+End - select text and go to end of page
Jeff

JimH

• Administrator
  • Where did I put my teeth?
« Reply #35 on: September 28, 2006, 07:10:48 am »

MC does not shut down cleanly for me on several occasions.  Have to manually kill it.
Media Server runs MC in the background.  Could that be it?

Let MC finish on its own.

dcwebman

« Reply #36 on: September 28, 2006, 07:15:35 am »

Right-click on a menu item on the top bar. The first item is always a "Execute: xxxx" where xxxx is the name of the menu item. Clicking that should open that menu, but if you move the cursor to the right while that Execute item is still highlighted and click it, whatever menu item the cursor is over at that point will get clicked instead of the Execute item. Customize Toolbar on that menu works fine.
Jeff

glynor

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #37 on: September 28, 2006, 08:13:52 am »

Well... Yesterday I had several hard-locks with MC on my HTPC while tagging.  It looks like (from the logs) that it was also building thumbnails.  However, the locks would happen just as I applied a tag using the Tag AW.  I initially thought it was specific to certain files, but reopening MC and repeating the action would not recreate the lock.

Either way, I had to End Task on MC.  It locked completely (the UI was unresponsive) and did not come back after waiting a 5 minutes-ish.  Here's a log, though it doesn't seem to say much...

http://www.geocities.com/ri0n/mc/MC12.0.78_Crash.zip

DarkPenguin

« Reply #38 on: September 28, 2006, 11:32:55 am »

Lyrics tag editor does not have all normal editing keys active making it difficult to use. Those keys are at least:
Ctrl+Home - go to top of page
Ctrl+End - go to end of page
Shift+Ctrl+Home - select text and go to top of page
Shift+Ctrl+End - select text and go to end of page

next build
Pages: [1]   Go Up