INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down

Author Topic: Media Center 12.0.87  (Read 12049 times)

Matt

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Shoes gone again!
Media Center 12.0.87
« on: October 05, 2006, 05:43:47 pm »

Download:
http://www.jrmediacenter.com/DevZone/CustomApps/MC12/MediaCenter120087.exe

History

12.0.87 (10/5/06)

1. Changed: Got rid of the mode skipping while stopped when pressing F11.
2. Changed: Tag Action Window doesn't show "Track #" on the first line any longer.
3. Changed: Tag window no longer uses new line during editing a field.
4. Fixed: Using the Tag window with panes visible could be overly slow.
5. NEW: Tag window uses new (more powerful) visible field selection mechanism.
6. Fixed: Tag window would use inconsistent colors for the text in the header area.
7. Changed: Image in Tag window now has an instructional tooltip.
8. Changed: Reduced the font size of the labels in the Tag window.
9. Fixed: The play link on a grouping tile wouldn't work properly.
10. Changed: For digital TV, changes in video mixing mode can take place immediately even if TV is in time-shifting mode (unless the user choose to delay it until next time TV a channel is played).
11. NEW: User can specify whether to use, and for how long, an automatic cut-off time limit for TV recording (in case you forget to stop recording manually).
Scheduled recording is not affected by this. Previously there has been a 3 hour time limit. The new default is 12 hours.
12. Fixed: 3D Pong did not render properly.
13. Fixed: 3D Pong had too much drag on the ball, causing dead balls, after extended play.
14. Changed: 3D Theater View and 3D Visualizations use a more accurate clock system for moving the world and handling physics.
15. Changed: Theater View "into" animation fades out as it zooms.
16. Fixed: In Theater View, into animations would not play when using the right-arrow in details mode to enter an item.
17. NEW: Added some more art updates.
18. Fixed: Should be the right DCRaw.exe file this time.
19. New: Raw decode quality settings available in playback->Image options.
20. New: Raw decode cache settings available in playback->image options.  Cache directory setting there.
21. Fixed: Importing iTunes 7 playlists (saved as a txt file) not working.

12.0.86 (10/4/06)

1. Changed: Pressing the "Play" link on a single-file thumbnail will queue all the files. (like a standard double-click)
2. Fixed: Clicking on a non-item area of a list and then doing Ctrl+A wouldn't update for the new selection as expected.
3. Fixed: Theater View didn't update properly to reflect changes to the playing file.
4. Optimized: Improved Theater View tile loading performance.
5. Fixed: Entering Theater View to a webpage or Playing Now view would not properly show everything.
6. Fixed: Some sloppy TV code that could lead to crashes on computers that do not have digital TV devices.
7. Fixed: Some iPod PDT settings not being honored.
8. Changed: When MC 12 is first run, and the media database is empty, it will search for a database from a previous version of MC and prompt the user if he'd like to use (copy) it.
9. Changed: Tuned roll speed delay in Theater View.
10. NEW: Added animation for entering an item in Theater View.
11. NEW: Updated art in several areas of the program.
12. Changed: Updated DCRaw.
13. Changed: RAW file decodes are now cached on a per session basis.  (First file load is slow but subsequent loads should be fast.  On a per session basis.)
14. Fixed: Http:// files could show unexpected thumbnails in some cases.
15. Fixed: Field lists would not properly handle translation during sorting.

12.0.85 (10/3/06)

1. Fixed: Pressing the "Play" link on a single image and then pressing page up / page down would not display nicely.
2. Fixed: When starting the program, right-click menus could get clobbered during the first few seconds.
3. Changed: Double-clicking / playing a single image in Playing Now won't automatically start a slideshow.

12.0.84 (10/3/06)

1. Fixed: Quickly switching into and out of Theater View could cause a crash.

12.0.83 (10/3/06)

1. Fixed: When unloading a component that accessed 3D capabilities (visualizations or Theater View), Media Center could crash.
2. Fixed: With the program maximized, the cursor wouldn't always change back to an arrow as expected in some cases.

12.0.82 (10/2/06)

1. Changed: Display Mode is skipped when pressing F11 while stopped.
2. Changed: Rolling in Theater View lists is controlled by time instead of number of clicks, so holding up or down will always stop at the ends.
3. Fixed: Manually collapsing "Services & Plug-ins" was not possible.
4. Fixed: Transparent menus could cause issues during DVD or video playback. (now disabled if overlapping the display)
5. Changed: When starting playback of a new file from a paused state, cross-fading is disabled.
6. Changed: Renamed "Fullscreen" to "Display View" in Theater View menu to align with menu naming.
7. Fixed: Right-clicking on a menu item and choosing "Execute: ..." could show a different menu. (note that menus follow mouse movement by design)
8. Fixed: Podcasts page Google search box was not working.
9. Changed: When the display is detached, the "Display" Action Window will not be as tall.
10. Fixed: The "Display" action window wouldn't appear properly when starting a video with the display detached.
11. Fixed: "System Info" could crash on some machines.
12. Fixed: TV crash in various situations.
13. NEW: MC plays Flash Video (flv). Some third-party DirectShow filters are required.
14. Fixed: Exiting Theater View could cause a crash.

12.0.81 (9/29/06)

1. Fixed: Track info visualizations would crash.
2. Fixed: Pressing 'Enter' on a "Back" command on the right of Theater View didn't work.
3. Changed: Spinning picture cube doesn't spin as fast when entering Theater View.
4. NEW: Theater View lists roll, but require two up or down clicks (instead of one) to initiate the roll.
5. Fixed: When Theater View encountered a Direct3D error, it would appear missing instead of drawing an error screen.
6. Changed: Core drawing engine provides nicer results with alpha on alpha drawing. (effects font smoothness in some Theater View skins)
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

JimH

• Administrator
  • Where did I put my teeth?
Re: Media Center 12.0.87
« Reply #1 on: October 05, 2006, 05:46:03 pm »

12. Fixed: 3D Pong did not render properly.
13. Fixed: 3D Pong had too much drag on the ball, causing dead balls, after extended play.
Sure...

Qythyx

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #2 on: October 05, 2006, 08:12:56 pm »

I've gotta agree with raym, visualizations use a lot of CPU for me, regardless of if a track is playing or not. For me this isn't a Theatre View thing either, any time a visualization is showing it uses a lot of CPU.

I'd also like to report that Track Info fields still aren't being shown at all for me. None of the Track Info choices show any text for any of the fields. It's been this way for me for every 12.x build I've tried. Note that this isn't true for visualizations, they work fine (except for the high CPU usage).

joshhuggins

• MC Beta Team
  • Galactic Citizen
« Reply #3 on: October 05, 2006, 11:20:11 pm »

Loading .87 as we speak, but this doesn't seem addressed in the list of fixes so I'll post it here. The Tivo bug mentioned here was still around using .85. It seems to only happen when I play music on my tivo and leave it running the selected music over 24-48 hours, come back to the tivo and try to navigate through the audio menus on the tivo. The tivo just hangs at a please wait screen. I then go to my actual HTPC running media center server and the errors are waiting there for me on the screen as shown by my last post in the above thread. The media server seems to still be running, just can't access it from the tivos. Fire Daemon doesn't try to restart media server itself, so it just hangs there untill I come click the o.k. button, then the server crashes and Fire Daemon restarts the service.
Thanks!

lalittle

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #4 on: October 06, 2006, 05:21:35 am »

When I have show fields for the current view selected, the tag fields are display order which I really like.

You're correct -- using the "Show Tags in Current View" option puts the tags in the current view at the TOP of the list (in the same order as in the track pane.)  This is one of the things I REALLY missed from MC11, so it's terrific to see this back again.  It would still be a really nice feature, however, to be able to re-order the rest of the list as well.

Larry

lalittle

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #5 on: October 06, 2006, 05:43:43 am »

BUG:  The little "clear rating" icon in the Tag Window (the "X" in the circle) still disappears when the mouse is directly on it when using the Thunderstorm skin.  It appears when the mouse is next to it, but now when the mouse is "on" it.  This isn't a huge problem, but it's an annoyance.

This is not a problem in other skins -- only Thunderstorm, which is still my first choice.

Thanks,

Larry

lalittle

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #6 on: October 06, 2006, 05:57:38 am »

I haven't seen this brought up in a while, but the "Web Media" part of MC is way out of date.  It hasn't received any sort of update in a LONG time, and it's really rather clunky compared to the rest of the program.  Is this something that will be improved at some point?  I think one of the reasons it isn't used more is simply because it hasn't been improved.

Thanks,

Larry

KingSparta

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #7 on: October 06, 2006, 06:04:11 am »

There Is Bug When Ripping, Using The Recommended Settings

lame.exe -V8 --vbr-new --lowpass 9.2 --resample 22 -m m

MC12 MC Reported The Rip Sample Rate At 44100, when you do a "update library from tags" MC will then update the library with the correct sample rate.

Retired Military, Airborne, Air Assault, And Flight Wings.
Model Trains, Internet, Ham Radio
https://MyAAGrapevines.com
Fayetteville, NC, USA

bytestar

• MC Beta Team
  • Alpha/Betatester
« Reply #8 on: October 06, 2006, 06:41:14 am »

When will the Translation of the Smarlists in the Tree aviable.

Here is again a Update for the German Translation, please Insert it in next Build:

Last modified:
06/10/2006 - 13:38 Uhr
Download: http://www.netcologne.de/~nc-bauerro7/mc12de.zip

Thanks
Bytestar
Official Microsoft © product tester.
Download the latest language file https://1drv.ms/u/s!AnQ3L_bTnnzv4otXL9-G4rUj9wX6Tw?e=TLGgjb (is constantly updated)

RobOK

• long time MC user for PC, iPod and Tivo
« Reply #9 on: October 06, 2006, 07:21:32 am »

minor thing......

Connecting from outside my network, using an IP address to connect.  I copied my IP addreess from WhatIsMyIP.com and did not notice that it had a leading space.  Have been trying for days and days to connect.  When I took the space out from in front of the field, it worked!!

Recommend:  strip leading spaces out of the field as an edit   !!!

Thanks!

Alex B

• MC Beta Team
  • The Cosmic Bird
« Reply #10 on: October 06, 2006, 12:40:21 pm »

Is CUE Playback broken in this Build ?

If I jump to the next title indicate mediacenter the correct title, play however always the first title from the cue.

Please try my test files in this thread and report: http://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php?topic=36003.0
The Cosmic Bird - a triple merger of galaxies: http://eso.org/public/news/eso0755

Alex B

• MC Beta Team
  • The Cosmic Bird
« Reply #11 on: October 06, 2006, 12:42:31 pm »

When a track is selected and "Playlists" in AW tag info is clicked MC seems to hang for ages. Eventually the playlists appear in AW and MC can be used again, but this takes several minutes.
The Cosmic Bird - a triple merger of galaxies: http://eso.org/public/news/eso0755

marko

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #12 on: October 06, 2006, 12:51:39 pm »

When a track is selected and "Playlists" in AW tag info is clicked MC seems to hang for ages. Eventually the playlists appear in AW and MC can be used again, but this takes several minutes.
I see this too, even without a selected track.
When I click to open the AW playlists, it takes forever to open, and once open, subsequent hops to different tree locations take a long time.

I remember way back, reading in the changelog about the playlists tree always opening collapsed, and really miss the way it used to remember it's state between uses/sessions. It would be nice to see that one turned around.

joshhuggins

• MC Beta Team
  • Galactic Citizen
« Reply #13 on: October 06, 2006, 01:10:59 pm »

There is no way to find out what size cover images are to determine if you want to find better ones elsewhere. It would be nice to have the File Size and Dimensions displayed just as if the image was imported and you were looking at that by itself. Right now if you hover over the cover art you get a tooltip of the filename. In the simplest solution, add a second line of the tooltip with this information like: 300x298 - 17.5KB. Another solution is to add a header or footer in the Image window with the information of the image name and dimensions.

I was trying to figure out where to see this info recently too, as with the new YADB coming on board, and really trying to utilize the fields more I want quality images for file but it's hard to do a compare now unless I'm missing something in the program. Maybe when we click on the image to display it, where it shows inside the file, it could also list the specs of the image?
Thanks!

KeystoneCop

• Galactic Citizen
  • I hate computers..
« Reply #14 on: October 06, 2006, 04:37:00 pm »

Not a BIG DEAL

doing tag changes,  while listening to music.. (hey that's why I like this program)

Get the message.....saving tag changes hit STOP to finish.

well I would like too, but you got rid of the STOP button.
There is a way to compare tags

[=isequal([band],[album])]=1

thanks marko

ConTrail

• Recent member
« Reply #15 on: October 06, 2006, 04:38:53 pm »

I'm trying to get MC12 to do auto-backups of all my music by copying recently imported files to my "handheld", a network hdd. The synching works very well, however if i click the disk in the drives & devices menu, mc is working for about 3-4 minutes with the drive.. Even when no changes have been made. Is there any way to speed this up?

Griff

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #16 on: October 06, 2006, 09:34:38 pm »

Yaobing

Did you get the log I sent you?

About MC blowing off, when starting TV in Theater View.

Or an I the only one with this prob.

Thanks

Dutch Peter

• Carpe Diem
« Reply #17 on: October 07, 2006, 03:19:47 am »

I am using Theater View.
Have 2 zones.
1 is playing songs
2 is playing images

In the 'songs zone' under Controls there are 'zone options'.
In the 'image zone' under Controls there are only 'image related options'.

Off course I can use ctrl-T to switch zones, but to my opinion the zone options should also be available in the 'image zone' Controls.
Stupid questions do not exist, only stupid answers.

Berto

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #18 on: October 07, 2006, 03:22:25 am »

Yaobing

Thanks
I have the same problem and sent the log.
A day without laughing is a day without living

Dutch Peter

• Carpe Diem
« Reply #19 on: October 07, 2006, 03:26:50 am »

In Theater View I have a problem displaying the buttons that can be clicked.

Please check following picture. I added the black line to indicate what is wrong:

Dutch Peter

• Carpe Diem
« Reply #20 on: October 07, 2006, 03:30:25 am »

when pausing a playlist in theater view the icon on the current song is still indicating that it is playing (green arrow). To my opinion this should be the Pause sign (2 vertical bars).

matshif

« Reply #21 on: October 07, 2006, 04:07:49 am »

I have the same problem and sent the log.

MC blowing off, when starting TV in Theater View.

Same problem and sent the log.

lepa

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #22 on: October 07, 2006, 07:34:00 am »

Is the Gapless mode working for everybody else? My songs are cut 4-6 seconds before end.
I tried Vorbis files using ASIO and Direct sound. With MP3 cut is slightly smaller.
Buffering was set to 0,5s

I'm using ESI Julia soundcard.

lalittle

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #23 on: October 07, 2006, 08:31:00 am »

Is the Gapless mode working for everybody else? My songs are cut 4-6 seconds before end.
I tried Vorbis files using ASIO and Direct sound. With MP3 cut is slightly smaller.
Buffering was set to 0,5s

I'm using ESI Julia soundcard.

I'm not having any problems with gapless playback of mp3's.  I'm using a SB Audigy2 and have MC set for Directsound output with 0.5 second buffering.  I tested both CBR and VBR mp3's.

Larry

JimH

• Administrator
  • Where did I put my teeth?
« Reply #24 on: October 07, 2006, 08:32:13 am »

I've removed some discussion and split Matshif's TV problems to a new thread.

Alex B

• MC Beta Team
  • The Cosmic Bird
« Reply #25 on: October 07, 2006, 08:39:22 am »

lepa,

The Gapless playback mode works fine with my Terratec DMX6 sound card, which is based on the ENVY24 chip as well. Perhaps you should start a new thread for discussion.

Yaobing

• Administrator
  • Dogs of the world unite!
« Reply #26 on: October 07, 2006, 09:01:18 am »

Yaobing

Thanks

Problem confirmed. It is actually not a TV issue as clicking "CD & DVD" in theater view displays the same behavior. We are working on it.
Yaobing Deng, JRiver Media Center

Dutch Peter

• Carpe Diem
Search in Theater View
« Reply #27 on: October 07, 2006, 10:30:51 am »

In theater view I have tried to search 'U2' but numbers or not an option.
There is U, and then U_ (space), UA, AB, etc .....

scthom

« Reply #28 on: October 07, 2006, 10:55:17 am »

Get the message.....saving tag changes hit STOP to finish.

well I would like too, but you got rid of the STOP button.

Double-click the play/pause button.  Same as stop.

gappie

« Reply #29 on: October 07, 2006, 11:51:22 am »

i have made custom library field, 'artiesten'. this is the sane as artists, but a list field, so that i can place an album under different artists. now when i make a view with artiesten first grouped and in the second column ungrouped i get artists that have nothing to do with the selected letter in the first column. to make it more clear, here is a pic.

the relation between the names at top of the right column and the letter s is that they are sharing the artiesten field with an artist beginning with an s (in  this case).

in mc11 this works without any problems.

Griff

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #30 on: October 07, 2006, 11:52:42 am »

Yaobing

Thanks for the feedback.

Magic_Randy

• MC Beta Team
  • I used to be indecisive, but now I'm not so sure..
« Reply #31 on: October 07, 2006, 11:58:02 am »

Please check following picture. I added the black line to indicate what is wrong:

I do not see this problem on my PC.  I'm using MC12.0.87.

1ucifer

« Reply #32 on: October 07, 2006, 11:59:25 am »

Great work on this beta release!!  It is a leader and the re-design is first notch!  Hands up to the community for the invaluable contributions which have also made this product exception !! Keep up the fantastic work - Avid technocrat.

gappie

« Reply #33 on: October 07, 2006, 12:04:50 pm »

i do see this on one of my computers, not on the other one.

raym

• MC Beta Team
Re: Search in Theater View
« Reply #34 on: October 07, 2006, 06:30:45 pm »

In theater view I have tried to search 'U2' but numbers or not an option.
There is U, and then U_ (space), UA, AB, etc .....

I can confirm this also. Numbers do not show as valid search criteria.
RKM Smart Home - www.rkmsmarthome.com.au
Z-Wave Home Automation

raym

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #35 on: October 07, 2006, 06:47:01 pm »

The XP taskbar doesn't auto-hide sometimes while entering Theater View. I've found no repeatable pattern for this yet but when it does occur, you need to click the taskbar and then somewhere in theater view to make it hide. A window focus problem by the looks.
RKM Smart Home - www.rkmsmarthome.com.au
Z-Wave Home Automation

rpalmer68

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #36 on: October 07, 2006, 07:30:43 pm »

I got this when running a lower resolution but it went away when I ran 1360x768.

What happens if you change your windows screen resolution?

Richard

Dutch Peter

• Carpe Diem
« Reply #37 on: October 08, 2006, 05:16:01 am »

I got this when running a lower resolution but it went away when I ran 1360x768.

What happens if you change your windows screen resolution?

Richard

my max is 1024 x 768

gappie

« Reply #38 on: October 08, 2006, 09:56:35 am »

my max is 1024 x 768

i have the same 'problem' on an screen with 1680 X 1050. an other screen with the same resolution does not have this problem.

joshhuggins

• MC Beta Team
  • Galactic Citizen
« Reply #39 on: October 08, 2006, 10:29:31 am »

I thought I would try G-Force again on my media server since it's been a while since I uninstalled it because it was crashing, but it's still crashing :( Here is the contents of the log of the crash.

System info:
Media Center Registered 12.0.87 -- C:\Program Files\J River\Media Center 12\

Microsoft Windows XP  Workstation 5.1 Service Pack 2 (Build 2600)
Intel Pentium 4 2390 MHz MMX / Memory: Total - 523 MB, Free - 314 MB

Internet Explorer: 6.0.2900.2180 / ComCtl32.dll: 5.82.2900 / Shlwapi.dll: 6.0.2900 / Shell32.dll: 6.0.2900 / wnaspi32.dll: N/A
Ripping /   Drive G:   Mode:Normal  Type:Auto  Speed:Max
  Digital playback: Yes /  Use YADB: Yes /  Get cover art: No /  Calc replay gain: Yes /  Copy volume: 32767
  Eject after ripping: Yes /  Play sound after ripping: No 

Burning /  Drive G: _NEC     DVD_RW ND-3550A    Addr: 1:0:0  Speed:24  MaxSpeed:24  BurnProof:Yes
  Test mode: No /  Eject after writing: Yes /  Direct decoding: Yes /  Write CD-Text: Yes
  Use playback settings: No /

Portable Device Info
  Removed devices:
Thanks!

Magic_Randy

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #40 on: October 08, 2006, 10:33:53 am »

my max is 1024 x 768

Mine is fine with 1440 by 900.

GHammer

• MC Beta Team
  • Stereotypes are a real timesaver!
« Reply #41 on: October 08, 2006, 11:58:44 am »

On all audio files, (MP3, APE, MPC) I just get Buffering... instead of the info selected.
[Remaining Time] // [Total Time] - [Bitrate (labeled)]   [PN Position] of [PN Tracks]

EDIT-
I had installed the Wavpack plugin.
Once I configured it (actually a null change on the only option) all is fine.

Magic_Randy

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #42 on: October 08, 2006, 02:28:11 pm »

When I try to edit lyrics using the tag window, it will not accept a ‘enter’.  So I have no way to create a line break.

danrien

• Galactic Citizen
  • Chillin
« Reply #43 on: October 08, 2006, 05:34:36 pm »

just wanted to say it's lookin real good, especially with the "vista" skin im running on xp here, and happy to see all the new features!  really outdoing yourselves this time...
http://davidvedvick.info

"Always be yourself. Unless you can be Batman. Always be Batman." - Anonymous

joshhuggins

• MC Beta Team
  • Galactic Citizen
« Reply #44 on: October 08, 2006, 09:24:19 pm »

Just opened the skin manager and it had the "maximized" dialog box thing going on. I closed it and reopened it and it worked as usual.
Thanks!

glynor

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #45 on: October 08, 2006, 11:52:42 pm »

I thought I would try G-Force again on my media server since it's been a while since I uninstalled it because it was crashing, but it's still crashing :( Here is the contents of the log of the crash.

I had a laptop (an older Dell Inspiron) with onboard ATI graphics that was crashing in G-Force.  Turned out it was due to the ATI drivers I was running on the machine.  I uninstalled all of the ATI drivers and G-Force, rebooted, then installed the "recommended" ones from Dell's (rather than ATI's) web site, and finally reinstalled G-Force, and all was good.  ATI's notebook drivers are apparently only good for certain onboard graphics systems, and they don't include Dell's.

Also, make sure to use the newest build of G-Force.  There were some problems with older builds.

These crashes did happen with MC11.1 and MC12.  It was completely solved by this.
"Some cultures are defined by their relationship to cheese."

Visit me on the Interweb Thingie: http://glynor.com/

dcwebman

« Reply #46 on: October 09, 2006, 07:43:02 am »

When I try to edit lyrics using the tag window, it will not accept a ‘enter’.  So I have no way to create a line break.

Shift+Enter will add a line break.
Jeff

gappie

« Reply #47 on: October 09, 2006, 07:59:52 am »

i guess this is also a bug. random tracks are putted in alphabetic order, happely enough not only on the once i made but also on the 'stock' smartlist.

Magic_Randy

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #48 on: October 09, 2006, 10:47:03 am »

Shift+Enter will add a line break.

Is that the design or is this a workaround for a bug?  This is not what I would expect to do.

joshhuggins

• MC Beta Team
  • Galactic Citizen
« Reply #49 on: October 09, 2006, 10:56:02 am »

I'm running a Nvidia 5200 and used several versions of the forceware drivers with no luck. I'm running the latest version of G-Force 3.5.6. It runs fine in the standalone player and screensaver, so it's somewhere in the tie with media center, G-Force and some hardware. I am expecting a new 6200 card to replace it today so we'll see if it was the card or something else. The 5200 is outputting to my TV via s-video. The new 6200 will output via component in case that might have anything to do with it. I usually always get an Intel based chipset board, but this is my first via based. I've had all kinds of weird little hardware glitches and stuff which I always tell customers why not to use cheaper boards with cheaper chipsets. Back to Intel based boards for me. Guess have to get a shiny new core 2 for the media center. Probably pay for it's self in power savings since it's on all day.
Thanks!
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up