INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Next (minor) update of Lyrics Editor  (Read 2929 times)

Doof

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Farm Animal Stupid
Next (minor) update of Lyrics Editor
« on: October 05, 2006, 11:59:30 pm »

So I'm gearing up to finally finish the last couple of features/bug fixes for Lyrics Editor 2.x and I just wanted to let you guys know what I had in mind to see what y'all thought.

Basically my ToDo list looks like this:

Bug Fixes:

Date field bug where the date you entered isn't what gets sent to MC (mostly fixed but still not quite right)
Foreign language file bug where some fields don't work properly if you're using a foreign language file (I actually believe I got this one fixed before I took my summer break)
Fix the file list coloring bug where the file list colors don't show up at all under MC12 (already fixed)

New Features:

Right click on a word in the lyrics and get an option to add it to the Always capitalize list (already in place)
Add a "Save" toolbar button that will add yet another, more reassuring, way of saving changes to the selected file

I was also thinking of either adding a new database field, or changing the way the current one works in such a way that you can manually set a file's lyrics to "Final" so that you know they're correct and complete and don't need to be worked on anymore. This is different than the current database field which only keeps track of whether Lyrics Editor was used to make any change to the file's lyrics. Just because the lyrics were changed, that doesn't mean they are correct. If the database field is used to mark lyrics as "Final", then I'm not sure how useful it will be to keep track of whether or not a file was edited. So I may just replace that feature with this new one.

Any thoughts?

Magic_Randy

• MC Beta Team
  • I used to be indecisive, but now I'm not so sure..
Re: Next (minor) update of Lyrics Editor
« Reply #1 on: October 06, 2006, 10:49:42 am »

I was also thinking of either adding a new database field, or changing the way the current one works in such a way that you can manually set a file's lyrics to "Final" so that you know they're correct and complete and don't need to be worked on anymore.

Doof,

I think this is the right approach.

Randy

Magic_Randy

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #2 on: October 06, 2006, 11:51:25 am »

Fix the file list coloring bug where the file list colors don't show up at all under MC12 (already fixed)

Doof,

Is this fixed but not yet released?  I'm using 2.11 and I still have the problem with MC12.

Randy

dcwebman

« Reply #3 on: October 06, 2006, 12:25:10 pm »

I like the first 2 new feature ideas. The last idea I could take or leave it because if I have edited some lyrics, I would consider it complete, at least in my eyes. I don't think I have edited lyrics partially and then come back later to edit again.
Jeff

Doof

• MC Beta Team
  • Farm Animal Stupid
« Reply #4 on: October 06, 2006, 02:57:23 pm »

Doof,

Is this fixed but not yet released?  I'm using 2.11 and I still have the problem with MC12.

Randy

It's fixed but not yet released. All of the things I listed above as already there haven't been released, yet.

Doof

• MC Beta Team
  • Farm Animal Stupid
« Reply #5 on: October 06, 2006, 03:00:15 pm »

I like the first 2 new feature ideas. The last idea I could take or leave it because if I have edited some lyrics, I would consider it complete, at least in my eyes. I don't think I have edited lyrics partially and then come back later to edit again.

Yeah, see this is what I was wondering. I have some lyrics that I've run the Batch Autocorrect on, and just doing that marks them as edited. But I could later notice that, while the formatting and capitalization is all correct, the lyrics themselves are actually incorrect, or only partially there or whatever. So I was thinking that some way of manually marking a file's lyrics as "Correct" or whatever would be better. Or maybe have it both ways.

dcwebman

« Reply #6 on: October 07, 2006, 08:56:29 am »

Yeah, see this is what I was wondering. I have some lyrics that I've run the Batch Autocorrect on, and just doing that marks them as edited.

That makes sense then. I don't use the batch because I just do them one by one. Probably 2 fields would be best.
Jeff

Magic_Randy

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #7 on: October 07, 2006, 11:30:32 am »

Yeah, see this is what I was wondering. I have some lyrics that I've run the Batch Autocorrect on, and just doing that marks them as edited. But I could later notice that, while the formatting and capitalization is all correct, the lyrics themselves are actually incorrect, or only partially there or whatever. So I was thinking that some way of manually marking a file's lyrics as "Correct" or whatever would be better. Or maybe have it both ways.

Doof,

That’s the same way I use it.  I use batch autocorrect, which does a good job in making it cosmetically correct, but I also have to check if the lyric themselves are correct.  So I think 2 fields will provide the most flexibility. 1 would be for the manual status of final/correct.

Randy

Mr ChriZ

• :-D
« Reply #8 on: October 22, 2006, 08:54:39 am »

Quick question about how this works Doof.
"Playing Now" does not have the same interface as the
other play lists, how do you deal with this?
Do you just stick if statements everywhere checking
to see if it's the Playing Now list, or do you do something more
clever?

Mr ChriZ

• :-D
« Reply #9 on: October 22, 2006, 12:34:41 pm »

Ah never mind I've worked out a lazy way of doing it.  :)

Doof

• MC Beta Team
  • Farm Animal Stupid
« Reply #10 on: October 22, 2006, 07:26:13 pm »

IIRC, I use an IF statement initially to determine if Playing Now was chosen or not. And then I take appropriate action to copy the contents of either Playing Now or the chosen Playlist to a seperate files automation. And then I just do everything else with that files automation.

Doof

• MC Beta Team
  • Farm Animal Stupid
« Reply #11 on: October 26, 2006, 11:16:13 pm »

I just posted Lyrics Editor 2.12.

Details in this thread.
Pages: [1]   Go Up