INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Vision:m Playlists  (Read 6150 times)

smileboot

Vision:m Playlists
« on: August 30, 2006, 06:19:24 pm »

I have a Vision:m and im trying to send playlists (not the files in them they are already on the vision:m) to it. So i drag and drop after i have created a playlist and it looks like it transfers it but theres nothing on the player and its not in the playlists option on the zen. Do i need a plugin or somthing to be able to send .zpl (zens playlist format) or does your software just not support it at all?

I should also note im using windows 2k  but i have had no other limitations apart from this(had a video problem but that was just me being an idiot) and since i cant install any creative software (i say again i HATE PLAY FOR SURE) i cant use their software   so another program that can use .zpl or a way to make media center use .zpl would help me loads.

SwellGuy

Re: Vision:m Playlists
« Reply #1 on: August 31, 2006, 09:51:58 am »

We don't currently support .zpl files.

Why are you creating zpl's and transferring them with MC? Why not make the playlists in MC and transfer. You can always save the MC playlists to external files via File > Export Playlist...  You can save them as m3u playlists that can be read by just about anything.

smileboot

« Reply #2 on: August 31, 2006, 06:46:56 pm »

Well zpl. is the format the player uses. i havent created any   yet (cant find a playlist generator that can work in zpl except creative software). havent tried converting to m3u then transfering (tho that does seem like a pain) and id have expected it to do that when i draged and dropped the playlist that was created in media center to the player for transfer. But i cant remember an option in export to generate an m3u but ill look again. Ill be back later to tell you if ive managed to transfer a playlist.

But any more experiences or help in the mean time are appreciated

smileboot

« Reply #3 on: August 31, 2006, 07:03:53 pm »

OK
Just exported to m3u and then dragged and dropped it and nothing  i mean NOTHING didnt even get a "start stransfer" like i do when using directly from media center. tried transfering with WMP and all it did was transfer a folder into my playlist folder :(

Any help with getting an actual playlist onto the Vision:m would be greatly appreciated

smileboot

« Reply #4 on: September 03, 2006, 01:46:36 am »

so i guess theres no solution to my problem then :(  oh well looks like ill have to find me another piece of software :(

Magic_Randy

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • I used to be indecisive, but now I'm not so sure..
« Reply #5 on: September 03, 2006, 11:09:22 am »

Why not make the playlists in MC and transfer. You can always save the MC playlists to external files via File > Export Playlist...  You can save them as m3u playlists that can be read by just about anything.

Have you tried SwellGuy's suggestion.  The MC smartlist feature is very strong.

I suggest you first try it with an MC smartlist to at least determine of this is an option.

Randy

smileboot

« Reply #6 on: September 04, 2006, 01:26:10 am »

As i said i created a playlist in media center then dragged and dropped to import it. Using a smartlist just takes the creation step out of it.  the problem im having is getting a playlist onto the Vision:m.

Either because Media center cant output the playlist in format the Vision:m supports or the Vision:m simply isnt accepting the file

SwellGuy

« Reply #7 on: September 05, 2006, 02:58:52 pm »

Your Vision:M is an MTP device and it should be transferring the playlists as an abstract playlist type (*.pla; you most likely will not be able to see these physical files using browsing/explorer software but the playlists should appear on the device).

There are two ways to transfer playlists to the device using MC:

1) In the lower left corner of MC is the action window (AW). In it, pick 'Handheld Player' and select the Vision:M (if there is more than one device connected). This will open up a handheld AW. Drag a playlist from the playlist tree and drop it on 'Drop Files Here' in the handheld AW. Hit the Transfer/Sync button. (Do not drag a *.zpl file to the AW - that will not work.)

2) In handheld options, select the playlists you want synchronized to the device. Synchronize.

If you are using one of these two methods and you're still not getting a playlist try the following.

1) Reformat the device.
2) Update the firmware.
3) It may be failing to do the playlist transfer because all the files are already on the device. Try deleting one of the files from the device to force a transfer. (If this is the case, let us know.)

Regards,
Rick

smileboot

« Reply #8 on: September 05, 2006, 10:28:55 pm »

1) Thats how i tried first of all and notihing
2) tried that after and still nothing

1) you crazy it took like 3 hrs on usb 1.1 to get the stuff on there   but ill try it later
2) latest firmware
3) I tried that too and nothing

I really dont wanna reformat since its not really a guarantee itll work  but ill give it a try just to eliminate it

SwellGuy

« Reply #9 on: September 06, 2006, 09:14:36 am »

By the way, what version of Media Center are you running? If you're not running the latest, try upgrading.

smileboot

« Reply #10 on: September 06, 2006, 07:05:25 pm »

Yes Im running the latest version

11.1.191   is the latest i beleive

If im wrong on there is a beta i can nab plz tell me

cheers

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
« Reply #11 on: September 06, 2006, 07:13:42 pm »

The version on the downloads page is always the one we're sure about.  The latest version is always on the MC board.  Right now, it's this one:
http://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php?topic=35586.0

smileboot

« Reply #12 on: September 06, 2006, 10:53:50 pm »

Ok just updated to 11.196

and still nothing. Even tryed creating a new playlist from scratch. dragged and dropped and it transfered the songs fine  but no playlist at all :(

ill try the format later see if that helps  buy i doubt it

SwellGuy

« Reply #13 on: September 07, 2006, 09:20:48 am »

smileboot,

Run 'Check for updates' from the help menu. This will tell you "No updates available" but it will update the handheld data file.

After updating, try to transfer a playlist again.

Regards,
Rick

smileboot

« Reply #14 on: September 07, 2006, 11:13:52 pm »

ok just tried that and nothing again :/

i just cant understand why it dosent work. I REALLY hate plays for sure

SwellGuy

« Reply #15 on: September 08, 2006, 03:30:25 pm »

What firmware are you running? Is it 1.41? What is the target country?

Turn on debug logging for handheld events and send the log file to rick at jriver.

The log file can be found at...
C:\Documents and Settings\username\Application Data\J River\Media Center 11\Log.txt

smileboot

« Reply #16 on: September 10, 2006, 02:22:15 am »

Yup using 1.41.01  the latest available i beleive
sending the log now

SwellGuy

« Reply #17 on: September 12, 2006, 11:52:50 am »

smileboot,

Can you download MC 11.1.197 and submit another log. I've added some additional logging that might shed some light on the problem.

Rick

smileboot

« Reply #18 on: September 16, 2006, 08:45:29 pm »

just sent you the log using version 11.1.198

SwellGuy

« Reply #19 on: September 18, 2006, 12:22:39 pm »

smileboot,

There's appears to be a Windows Media component dependency issue with your configuration. We use WMDM to communicate with the Vision:M and it looks like you have an older version of the WMDM components installed on your machine. We include the WMDM components in the install so I'm a little confused why this is a problem. Can you send me a snapshot of your system info (from the MC Help menu)? Is Windows Media Player installed on you machine?

Try re-installing the WMDM components and try again.

http://www.jrmediacenter.com/versions_data/v11/wmfdist95.exe

Regards,
Rick

smileboot

« Reply #20 on: September 18, 2006, 03:29:49 pm »

Ok heres what i think you want

Media Center 11.1.198 -- C:\Program Files\J River\Media Center 11\

Microsoft Windows 2000  Workstation 5.0 Service Pack 4 (Build 2195)
Intel Pentium III 697 MHz MMX / Memory: Total - 390 MB, Free - 144 MB

Internet Explorer: 6.0.2800.1106 / ComCtl32.dll: 5.81.4916 / Shlwapi.dll: 6.0.2800 / Shell32.dll: 5.0.3900 / wnaspi32.dll: N/A
Ripping /   No CD drives found.
  Digital playback: Yes /  Use YADB: Yes /  Get cover art: No /  Calc replay gain: Yes /  Copy volume: 32767
  Eject after ripping: Yes /  Play sound after ripping: No 

Burning /  No burners found.
  Test mode: No /  Eject after writing: Yes /  Direct decoding: No /  Write CD-Text: Yes
  Use playback settings: No /

I downloaded the latest version of windows mediaplayer i could get for my OS which is 9 i think. that installed all the drivers i needed and everything worked except this. The file you linked to only installs on XP so i couldnt use it.  if theres a 2K version ill install that again (i beleive there is a version only released recently) ill go and have a look for it now. If you know where it is tho give me a heads up. Ill also post the link if i find it myself

SwellGuy

« Reply #21 on: September 19, 2006, 11:45:52 am »

MTP device communication is not fully supported with your current configuration.  Please see this article regarding using MTP (PlaysForSure) devices on systems running Windows 98SE, Windows 2000 or Windows ME...

http://dmzweb3.europe.creative.com/SRVS/CGI-BIN/WEBCGI.EXE/,/?St=556,E=0000000000167239413,K=640,Sxi=3,Case=obj(8113),Kb=ww_english_add,VARSET=ws:http://www.europe.creative.com/

smileboot

« Reply #22 on: October 09, 2006, 10:19:07 pm »

Sorry for the long time to reply (life got in the way as it usually does)

I know it dosent support 2k Fully but it strikes me as strange that i can transfer EVERYTHING BUT playlists  for somthing thats so small  it makes no sense for there not to be a workaround of some sort. Why i was looking at .zpl (zen playlist format) cause if i can transfer a .zpl into the right folder its gotta work. But i guess that would probably take a whole lot of programing if it can be done at all.  Oh well ill just have to find another piece of software that can do it or live without playlists :(

SwellGuy

« Reply #23 on: October 10, 2006, 01:34:12 pm »

There is a workaround, it's described in the link in my last post.
Pages: [1]   Go Up