INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: G Force & Media Center 12  (Read 1386 times)

Charlemagne 8

• Citizen of the Universe
G Force & Media Center 12
« on: October 12, 2006, 07:58:14 pm »

A very unusual thing has happened:
I noticed that "GForce" was now an option in Media Center 12 so I selected it to see what would happen. As has happened for a while in MC 11, MC shut down immediately. Sighing, I then restarted MC12, went to Plug-in Manager and uninstalled GForce as I had done numerous times previously in MC11. I got a report that it had been removed. I then restarted playback and Gforce is now working in MC12. I did not reinstall, it's just working.
Any theories?

CVIII
That's right.
I'm cool.

JimH

• Administrator
  • Where did I put my teeth?
Re: G Force & Media Center 12
« Reply #1 on: October 12, 2006, 08:10:14 pm »

Witches?

edladner

• World Citizen
  • The diet worked
« Reply #2 on: October 12, 2006, 11:28:01 pm »

I'd like to say many thanks to Jim and the guys for making the display window available on the main view.  G-force works so well with MC and now I can view it while working on the library.  BTW it took about about 10 minutes to decide to go ahead and upgrade to 12.

Version 3.5.6 of G-Force will install correctly with MC12.

glynor

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #3 on: October 12, 2006, 11:36:10 pm »

I've had no problems with current versions of G-Force on most of my machines, but I was having a weirdo crashing problem on one older Dell Inspiron Laptop.  I posted about it over here:  http://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php?topic=36154.msg247017#msg247017

I didn't mention it in that thread, but after I uninstalled G-Force I also manually went through and deleted it's folders (it had left some stuff behind after being uninstalled in the Documents and Settings/<user>/Application Data/ folder, the /Documents and Settings/All Users/Application Data/ folder, and in it's own folder) and then I manually deleted all of it's remaining registry keys.  Then I did the same with MC.  Then I rebooted.

After reinstalling everything, along with the Dell-provided ATI driver, everything worked again and all was right and good with the world.
"Some cultures are defined by their relationship to cheese."

Visit me on the Interweb Thingie: http://glynor.com/
Pages: [1]   Go Up